U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-23-2010, 05:52 PM
 
25,351 posts, read 37,507,217 times
Reputation: 13270

Advertisements

OMG, the media this morning was so cheerful. Obama had done it, he was back in business!

Wow really Wow! Don't ask don't tell is making such a difference for all the people sitting at home without a job.

The treaty bill, Wow...if you don't have a job you probably are so glad this bill passed.

The bill that John kerry managed to get through...Wow another Wow....sharks can't be throw back after a part is cut off...Wow really Wow...people at home without a job must have thought that this was great work for the last day before the Christmas Break...OOps I have to say Holiday Break, otherwise some will be so mad because fater all we have to be politcal correct.

But even though I'm Jewish I wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a JOB in 2011!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-23-2010, 05:59 PM
 
23,745 posts, read 16,031,844 times
Reputation: 8734
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
OMG, the media this morning was so cheerful. Obama had done it, he was back in business!

Wow really Wow! Don't ask don't tell is making such a difference for all the people sitting at home without a job.

The treaty bill, Wow...if you don't have a job you probably are so glad this bill passed.

The bill that John kerry managed to get through...Wow another Wow....sharks can't be throw back after a part is cut off...Wow really Wow...people at home without a job must have thought that this was great work for the last day before the Christmas Break...OOps I have to say Holiday Break, otherwise some will be so mad because fater all we have to be politcal correct.

But even though I'm Jewish I wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a JOB in 2011!
Have you already forgotten that the tax breaks for the rich will create a gazillion new jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2010, 06:02 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 35,874,407 times
Reputation: 12719
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Have you already forgotten that the tax breaks for the rich will create a gazillion new jobs?
You mean continuing current tax rates for every American paying taxes, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2010, 06:12 PM
 
5,915 posts, read 4,014,054 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You mean continuing current tax rates for every American paying taxes, don't you?
That has been in pace for almost a decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2010, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Garland Texas
3,081 posts, read 6,606,157 times
Reputation: 2101
Obama has been saying his main focus has been jobs since he was campaigning....yet he has done everything BUT help the job market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2010, 06:17 PM
 
10,714 posts, read 11,420,518 times
Reputation: 4752
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Have you already forgotten that the tax breaks for the rich will create a gazillion new jobs?
X2, the republicans created havoc in the government until they got their tax cuts for the rich. Apparently now this will create boatloads of jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2010, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Garland Texas
3,081 posts, read 6,606,157 times
Reputation: 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Have you already forgotten that the tax breaks for the rich will create a gazillion new jobs?
Uh yeah and so was the 800 and something BILLION dollar "stimulus", yet unemployment is now at 9.8%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 PM
 
Location: San Jose
1,853 posts, read 2,029,357 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You mean continuing current tax rates for every American paying taxes, don't you?
That, as written by the Republicans, were due to automatically expire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2010, 06:21 PM
 
25,351 posts, read 37,507,217 times
Reputation: 13270
Exactly! this is in place for a long time and called the Bush tax cuts..oops will be a thorn to Obama to hear that name...

This is only causing not more job lose for right now.

Obama can better fire the homeland security man who needs to get Fox news updates so who knows what is going on in the world and give that job to someone who knows what he/she is doing...

I meant many jobs that stay for a long time...like Obama the Senator promised over and over...

It must be frustrating to hear how a shark bill was voted on the last day before the break if you are unemployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 PM
 
5,915 posts, read 4,014,054 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
That, as written by the Republicans, were due to automatically expire.
That stipulation was included to make the Democrats vote for the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top