Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 01:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
What joy....a bountiful selection of freaky posts to debunk.

As we see above, it is well known that the .."public" KNOW the difference between right and wrong....you do too

Abortion is crude, unnatural, anti society, anti family, & anti YOU

Like it or lump it, no God, no morals, no family........

No Focus......No focused society....No society...

CHAOS
Ok, how do you get that abortion isn't natural? One of the reasons biologists believe men often fall asleep after sex is because at one point in our ancient past men would just kill the woman when done with her. Thats abortion friend.

I don't like abortions, so I won't get one. I have a son, and soon a daughter. I would never tell either of them what they have to do past adulthood, or with their own bodies. I will require my daughter, and my son as soon as they are available, to take birth control pills while living under my roof. I will encourage them to be responsible with their bodies, not to have sex with everyone they meet, and to be careful when they do decide to take that next step. But I will not tell them that sex is evil unless married, and that they are evil people if they decide to take that step. They will know their options, how to use them, and hopefully I can teach them when to use them.

Birth control and abortion have been used since the beginning of the human species. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't studied history or humans very much.

Please, answer this, are you opposed to public birth control being available? Most "pro-life" folks I've meet area also opposed to that as well.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:39 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You left out three very important words in your barrage of posts: IN MY OPINION

Everything you posted works for you - doesn't mean it works for me or anyone else on this thread.
Uhhhh... nnnnno. First, an opinion is "I like red apples more than green apples." You can't be wrong because it's personal. You have different taste buds. "This highway is faster than that highway" is NOT an opinion. It's a belief. You are either right or wrong.

To argue over opinion is stupid. We don't argue over which apple tastes best. Everyone is entitled to have these opinions. But when it comes to belief, then it's different. We argue over belief. The difference between opposing beliefs is information. That is why we argue. We exchange information.

Second, you can't change the definition of responsibility to suit you. Responsibility really is not about you. Morality is centered not on you. Morality is centered on OTHER PEOPLE. Agree or disagree? That being the case, responsibility is about OTHER PEOPLE. Not you.

So it's not about getting YOUR life back on track. That's the selfish NON-responsible thing to do. Responsibility is about minimizing the effect of your actions on OTHER PEOPLE. Ending a life is not minimizing the effect. It's maximizing it.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:42 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
the supreme court decided that "privacy" was a right.
Privacy, at the expense of the life of another person? That is one hell of a right, when another person must forfeit their life in order you to obtain that "right".

Old 01-02-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Ah! Disgusted by strong women! That explains a lot. The world must be a really uncomfortable place for you.
Sorry, but strong women (physically and socially) are not sexy. I'm not alone in this.

I like... tada! Femininity* in my females. Butch manhandling, telling me what's what, being opinionated, bossing people aroung, "wanting a man not needing one", and acting disrespectful. Not attractive. Ugly in fact.

*Softness, warmth, sweetness, gentleness, happiness.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:45 PM

912 posts, read 826,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I am not being the least bit sarcastic. like the mel brooks said...you do it, everybody does it. you just don't like to do it as much as the rest of us.
I am trying to embrace your idea, so come on... give us the rules that go with no casual sex. as far as I can see so far we have no sex unless both sexes agree to be parents. who gets to have sex. are the oversexed in the world supposed to self regulate? history tells us we can't so give me the guidelines please mr. blue.
Marriage, a life commitment in "agreement" to expression of intimacy.

Marriage is the key to happiness in sex, security in the specialness that
is required in all of us.

Sex can be a toy, if you consider yourself an extension of a toy.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Uhhhh... nnnnno. First, an opinion is "I like red apples more than green apples." You can't be wrong because it's personal. You have different taste buds. "This highway is faster than that highway" is NOT an opinion. It's a belief. You are either right or wrong.

To argue over opinion is stupid. We don't argue over which apple tastes best. Everyone is entitled to have these opinions. But when it comes to belief, then it's different. We argue over belief. The difference between opposing beliefs is information. That is why we argue. We exchange information.

Second, you can't change the definition of responsibility to suit you. Responsibility really is not about you. Morality is centered not on you. Morality is centered on OTHER PEOPLE. Agree or disagree? That being the case, responsibility is about OTHER PEOPLE. Not you.

So it's not about getting YOUR life back on track. That's the selfish NON-responsible thing to do. Responsibility is about minimizing the effect of your actions on OTHER PEOPLE. Ending a life is not minimizing the effect. It's maximizing it.
Disagree. MY morality and MY responsibility are what allow me to sleep well at night, because I behave towards others in a moral and responsible manner. This largely involves staying out of their business and not attempting to tell them what they can or cannot do in their private lives. Works for me.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Disagree. MY morality and MY responsibility are what allow me to sleep well at night, because I behave towards others in a moral and responsible manner. This largely involves staying out of their business and not attempting to tell them what they can or cannot do in their private lives. Works for me.
That's not morality. That's tolerance. Tolerance and morality are on opposite sides of the see-saw.

Tolerance without morality is immoral. But that's what we have today. Tolerance is replacing morality. You are living proof.

Tolerance is "not caring if other people's actions negatively affect other people."
Morality is "standing up for what's right and defending the inalienable rights of others."

Old 01-02-2011, 01:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Privacy, at the expense of the life of another person? That is one hell of a right, when another person must forfeit their life in order you to obtain that "right".
What would your opinion of when a persons life begin is?

Conception? That can't be right because 60% of eggs that are fertilized don't make it to the wall of the womb are are simply passed each month with the menstrual cycle.

After the brain is developed? Well thats right around 12 weeks, or three months. Thats when most people say that they are ok with abortions.

It really boils down to when you believe life begins. But as I've said multiple times.

If you don't like abortions, don't get one. Its just that simple.

I would never want a sex change, but hey, who am I to stop others from getting one?

Old 01-02-2011, 01:50 PM

912 posts, read 826,832 times
Quote:
Sorry, but strong women (physically and socially) are not sexy. I'm not alone in this.

I like... tada! Femininity* in my females. Butch manhandling, telling me what's what, being opinionated, bossing people aroung, "wanting a man not needing one", and acting disrespectful. Not attractive. Ugly in fact.

So true...we all know this. Great to see the good clear mind is back.
A tribute to what always shows, goodness always prevails. It is logical

Old 01-02-2011, 01:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:

That 'splains all the anti-choice posts....a definite misogynist/control /madonna/w*** issue.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies