Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
smartalx wants to control the behavior of all women, even though she herself says she's against women who are controlling and bossy.
Huh? That doesn't make sense.

And I have been arguing against this for about 500 posts so far. I don't want to control women. I control myself to benefit women.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:19 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
I'm not against contraceptives. But I do know that 99% efficacy times 43 million sexually active single women in the US means 430,000 pregnancies from so-called "protected sex" per year for the US alone.

So I understand that contraceptives help, but they don't solve the global problems associated with a sexually perverse culture. The only real solution is to reverse our attitudes towards sex. A complete abandonment of casual sex is unrealistic, so we should combine the two. Treat sex with the respect it deserves. Use the best form of contraceptive available to you. Only have sex until you can take care of the baby if you get pregnant.
I have a daughter who is due in March who is one of that 1% crowd, as she was on birth control when she conceived.

But no system is perfect, you should know that. Telling people they shouldn't have sex has never, isn't, and will never work. Thats because in a free society you can't tell other people what to do. You can pass laws, enact policies, and other things to try and limit it, but you will never stop it.

I'm happy you think sex is a thing that should be done sparingly and responsibly, good for you. But when you start telling me and others what we should do, well then I have a problem.

A great quote.

"When I want your opinion, I'll ask for it".

If you don't like abortions, don't get one.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:23 PM

912 posts, read 827,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I have a daughter who is due in March who is one of that 1% crowd, as she was on birth control when she conceived.

But no system is perfect, you should know that. Telling people they shouldn't have sex has never, isn't, and will never work. Thats because in a free society you can't tell other people what to do. You can pass laws, enact policies, and other things to try and limit it, but you will never stop it.

I'm happy you think sex is a thing that should be done sparingly and responsibly, good for you. But when you start telling me and others what we should do, well then I have a problem.

A great quote.

"When I want your opinion, I'll ask for it".

If you don't like abortions, don't get one.
Your giving your opinion, in contrast to your philosophy
People don't....tell people what to do....they offer viewpoint just like yourself...its as simple as that. Voting is the cumulative evidence of
required...opinion.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:25 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times
Quote:
No.

If I worry about my house, and you worry about yours, then thats less burden for anyone else to worry about ours.

If I can help others, I will. But telling people they have to do this and that isn't going to help in a free society. Telling people what to do is whats done in an authoritative society.

What made the United States great was freedom. Money, fiscal policies, economic theory, etc don't have as much effect on society as freedom does.

If more people worried about their households and left everyone else alone, we'd be much better off. I don't have enough fingers to fill others dams, just mine.
Actually, if you live for other people, they reciprocate. So when times get tough, you don't have just one person (you) to pull you out of the mud. You have everyone to come to your aid.

If you look out for number one, you have only one person you can count on. But if you look out for everyone, then when you need help, they'll come running.

That's what society is built on. When a Hurricane came through Houston a few years ago it ripped the city to shreds. Galveston was just about wiped off the map. And I was so proud to see neighbor help neighbor. With all of this "take care of your own house" talk so prevalent today, frankly I was surprised to see as much cooperation.

See. It works like this. One person working alone can do one person's worth of work. But two people working together can three person's worth of work for the same amount of time. It's more efficient to work with other people. Don't waste energy, resources, time and money. Be smart. Cooperate.

Don't lock yourself up in your hurricane ravaged home and say "I'll help you when I get my house in order." Your other neighbors will work together and get all of their houses fixed up in a few days while you are still left with holes in your roof a month later. All because you were selfish and independent.

Don't be stupid.

Independence is the antithesis of society.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:26 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Your giving your opinion, in contrast to your philosophy
People don't....tell people what to do....they offer viewpoint just like yourself...its as simple as that. Voting is the cumulative evidence of
required...opinion.
Someone asked for it. But I'm not going to force you to get an abortion.

Yes, but the cumulative evidence of opinion is that most people think abortion should be legal, with restrictions. Many, including yourself, have advocated no abortions at all, or severely restricted.

My personal rule for myself would be an abortion only in the first three months, and/or if I found out that the baby was a threat to its mother or going to be born with a severe birth defect. But that doesn't mean I'm going to make someone else abide by those rules.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:27 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
We've been over this Annie. Before the sexual revolution mankind did mostly control itself. Yes casual sex happened. But not in near the numbers we see today.
It's as if you don't know anything about human history. Society didn't begin and end with 1960 USA sexual habits (which you don't have a clule about anyway). Look closer and tell me how mankind has controlled itself.

Last edited by Ceece; 01-02-2011 at 02:38 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 02:29 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
Quote:
Sorry, but strong women (physically and socially) are not sexy. I'm not alone in this.

I like... tada! Femininity* in my females. Butch manhandling, telling me what's what, being opinionated, bossing people aroung, "wanting a man not needing one", and acting disrespectful. Not attractive. Ugly in fact.

*Softness, warmth, sweetness, gentleness, happiness.
Now you're trying to convince us that men only appreciate the passive, accommodating woman who expresses few or no opinions? This may come as a great shock to you, but most men only like to **** women like this, ya know, tie them up and do all kinds of demeaning things to them (no need for a gag since she uses her mouth only for smiling & um...other things ) ...they usually don't want to be with women like this for the long haul because they'd be bored out of their minds once the honeymoon phase was over.

It is really only misogynistic, controlling type men who prefer women remain in the roles of quiet, meek, and non-opinionated breeding machines. A woman can be strong, smart, AND feminine, we are multi-faceted , and chances are that even the quiet, complacent women you are attracted to have plenty of opinions and deep thoughts, they are just not going to express them to you for fear of being ridiculed, lectured and judged.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:35 PM

912 posts, read 827,077 times
Quote:
Someone asked for it. But I'm not going to force you to get an abortion.

Yes, but the cumulative evidence of opinion is that most people think abortion should be legal, with restrictions. Many, including yourself, have advocated no abortions at all, or severely restricted.

My personal rule for myself would be an abortion only in the first three months, and/or if I found out that the baby was a threat to its mother or going to be born with a severe birth defect. But that doesn't mean I'm going to make someone else abide by those rules.
Agreed. No one can force a person to believe anything. It would belittle the reason.
Sometimes opinion is overwhelming and takes on the guise of being told through expectation to reasonable logic.
People ussually if true to themselves echo arguements in review to opinion
well after reception. Enjoy your accurate representation to mindset.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:37 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Don't be stupid.

Independence is the antithesis of society.
Who's saying that society is "good"?

Definitely not me.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:40 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Huh? That doesn't make sense.

And I have been arguing against this for about 500 posts so far. I don't want to control women. I control myself to benefit women.
YOU are NOT responsible for women. You are responsible for yourself.

Women are adults and responsible for themselves. They are not children to be taken care of....maybe YOU get off on thinking you need to take care of the little dears but most women are quite capable of taking care of themselves....much as you might hate the thought..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies