Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 09:59 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,546,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Delusional much?

Birth control failure is a fact.

Condom failure=abortion. You are right........no drama involved.......just rational, responsible resolution.
How many times do I have to tell you people this...

Saying an abortion is responsible is like saying it's responsible to replace the dog you ran over with a lookalike before your neighbor finds out.

Responsibility is not about getting your life back on track. It's about accepting the consequences of your actions. It is NOT about minimizing their effect on YOUR life. It IS about minimizing their effect on OTHER PEOPLE's lives. You just made a life. So you have to take that new life into consideration in order to call it responsible.

The proper responsible solution... the one that is best for everyone... is adoption. No it's not ideal for the mother... but it is a compromise that lets her stay responsible.

If you have an abortion, just don't call it responsible.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:46 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it is a right to privacy. right or wrong is up to the individual.
Does the unborn child have a right to privacy when the abortionist invades it's domain to tear it apart? What if it could talk and it screamed, 'mummy please, I'm sorry I was born, I didn't ask to be born!' Would you ignore it's little pleas for mercy? 'Well in that case mummy will you grant you your wish and crush your little skull like an egg, you ungrateful little parasite!'

Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
the supreme court decided that "privacy" was a right.
So if you privately kill your family in a quiet way, nobody has the right to ask where they all went or hold anyone responsible for their death?

That is only a great example of a Justices doing their living Constitution thing IMO.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Does the unborn child have a right to privacy when the abortionist invades it's domain to tear it apart? What if it could talk and it screamed, 'mummy please, I'm sorry I was born, I didn't ask to be born!' Would you ignore it's little pleas for mercy? 'Well in that case mummy will you grant you your wish and crush your little skull like an egg, you ungrateful little parasite!'
this post is a great example of dramatic imagination. no the unborn child has no right to privacy. the woman does.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this post is a great example of dramatic imagination. no the unborn child has no right to privacy. the woman does.
I don't need to imagine, hothulamaui.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,826,582 times
Quote:
I'm pretty liberal when it comes to a lot of things, but I still maintain that having an abortion is not a woman's or anyone else's 'right.' Sure, abortion is acceptable in extreme cases (life threatening, cases of rape.etc) but I hate that abortion has become just another method of contraception. Especially if it makes some women less responsible, or use it as a 'get out' clause. There's nothing natural about killing a developing fetus in the womb....primitive humans didn't really have this option (I guess they may have had crude methods) but I believe if you're irresponsible enough to not take the precautions you have to bear the consequences. Although I do think if it's just a few cells that's a slightly different matter.

Btw is there anyone who is non-religious/liberal who shares my view?
When she can force me to get castrated, that'll be the day I can force her to do things with her womb. Until then, it ain't equal. It's like legislating who can pick their ears with a Q-Tip. A male child shall not pick ears on the 5th, yet a woman with child may pick, yea, therfore let the woman pick her ears, but only if a man be present and then, only if he nods the affirmative.

Think about this: Huster and Playboy Magazine and the Internet.
Every day these evil organizations cost the lives of billions of newborn children. And expand the Kleenex Empire. They must be stopped. Every ounce of baby batter is precious. It must be saved. Men should be cloistered together, preferably on sailboats, or in shirts that are 1 size too small, until they are ready to procreate and then released like a tidal wave of MAN upon the unsuspecting ladies of the world. Much like army ants, but ensconced in CK1 and Calvin Klein apparel.

Yeah. That would be good. Ok, fade back now. GET the one in the sweater...GET HIM HE'S HOT >>>>GET HIM...ok ok.. good ..

very good.

sleep now.

P.S.

A woman who is about to have an abortion isn't reading City Data forums for advice. She knows what she is going to do. Eventually, she'll find some way to do it. Raise of hands.....who thinks they can force a woman to do anything they don't want to do? Force of law is still force.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:17 AM

4,150 posts, read 4,169,267 times
Quote:
I'm pretty liberal when it comes to a lot of things, but I still maintain that having an abortion is not a woman's or anyone else's 'right.' Sure, abortion is acceptable in extreme cases (life threatening, cases of rape.etc) but I hate that abortion has become just another method of contraception. Especially if it makes some women less responsible, or use it as a 'get out' clause. There's nothing natural about killing a developing fetus in the womb....primitive humans didn't really have this option (I guess they may have had crude methods) but I believe if you're irresponsible enough to not take the precautions you have to bear the consequences. Although I do think if it's just a few cells that's a slightly different matter.

Btw is there anyone who is non-religious/liberal who shares my view?
It's easy for you to say when you don't have to carry him/her for 9 months. I am wonder if technology allow men to be pregnant, and I want to know those men in charge in congresses would say such thing.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
It's domain? You mean uterus? Well, that belongs to me and can only be used when and if I decide it can be used.

My uterus, my body, MY DOMAIN.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
It was a made up right out of thin air by the SCOTUS.

Some liberal scholars/lawyers say the decision was bad, even though they approved of ruling.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I am non-religous reasonably liberal and feel that, UNLESS you are a female above the age of consent you have NO right to an opinion on the abortion issue....Ladies Choice
x50,000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.