U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 AM

3,021 posts, read 2,791,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
So its basically just more warring factions, strong-arm tactics and divide and conquer divisions....proving that the entire system is broken. Good to know, and another reason why it no longer matters what middle class Americans want or need.

Happy New Year. Yes, the system is very broken! The social issues we hear oon the news is just to keepus fighting for which ever political party we "think" is with our ideas,but we all get dumped on by both parties. The real truth is hiding behind the federal reserve, which would be an entire another topic. But using us as pawns, to keep us from getting together, it is the divide and conquer system, they have been perfecting for 100 years.

The first hour of this video has alot of info. Can't say I agree with everything in it, After that, I can't see all of it, but hey, who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrJo0...re=uploademail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 05:11 PM

14,455 posts, read 15,513,413 times
Default Independent voters are ignored by mainstream media

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Happy New Year. Yes, the system is very broken! The social issues we hear oon the news is just to keepus fighting for which ever political party we "think" is with our ideas,but we all get dumped on by both parties. The real truth is hiding behind the federal reserve, which would be an entire another topic. But using us as pawns, to keep us from getting together, it is the divide and conquer system, they have been perfecting for 100 years.

The first hour of this video has alot of info. Can't say I agree with everything in it, After that, I can't see all of it, but hey, who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrJo0...re=uploademail
I hear you on that. The bailouts are a whole other miasma of corruption which all Americans have paid dearly for.

Overall MOST like 48% of voters unhappy with the status quo are Independents....not Republicans...this can be a big mix of many things, tea Party, Libertarian, Progressive etc. CNN and others are idiots when they poll now, bcs they STILL act like only a Dem or Repub. can win. Of course thats because JPMorgan Chase and B of A pay their bills.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM

4,619 posts, read 2,090,947 times
The Republicans are the consumate masters of the Gerrymander. The technique through careful redristricting you can get a Majority in a legislature, get rid of rising members in the other party and confine minorities into legislative ghettos.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:06 PM

3,021 posts, read 2,791,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The Republicans are the consumate masters of the Gerrymander. The technique through careful redristricting you can get a Majority in a legislature, get rid of rising members in the other party and confine minorities into legislative ghettos.

Perfect example of what is wrong with us in your comment. The fact is both political parties are screwing us and both are masters of gerrymandering. The Dems controled everthing last time the lines were drawn in Missouri, and they drew a couple districts in a way that no one but the Dem could ever win. Now that Missouri is losing a seat or 2, and yes the repubs are in control, that district in the St. Louis area is going to be eliminated. Being that I live in it, I say finallly!!!!! I am 40 miles from st louis,but my vote always gets trumped by north st.louis. I am southwest of st. louis! My area has ZERO in common with north st. louis, but we've been supposely represented in Congress....
But here again, let's not divide ourselves over party fake politics, and look at what we the people really want. Anyone for telling the political hacks on the news stations to shut up,we can think for our self?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM

41,715 posts, read 45,094,944 times
I would say the really excitement is really lokig at the state house out come from the mid term elction. CNN posted a map of pre-election and post elction. It flowed red post elction. That and the cencus mean alot for future elctions and of course control from the base to the national.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Proving yet again how the system is broken and Reps and Dems will never stop the infighting. Its pathetic.

Not that I was for obamacare but now Boehner and his crew are set to destroy Obamas agenda for the rest of the year till 2012....more wasted time by Congress and propaganda forced into the media regarding "issues" that either side cares about ...imo neither of them care about what's happening to American citizens and need to be voted out asap. The more Independents the better.

In Tennessee for example -Roe (Rep.1st district) . A multimillionaire physician touting how great US healthcare for profit system is. Yeah great for him and his cronies. Its sickening with 20 million Americans in poverty, not even affording health insurance for their family.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 PM

6,745 posts, read 5,408,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
If it were close in 2012, who do you see running ? In general many many people vote Ind. now, according to recent polls.
Not as many as you think. Millions of people claim to be independents, but they will vote a straight R or D ticket.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 PM

3,983 posts, read 1,596,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
The left only gets a brief bit of power and then the country snaps back to reality and votes in a moderate or conservative and just plain common sense.
You mean like from 2000-2006????

Man, you are FUNNY!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:55 PM

why. Why support the broken system?. In 2008 I know many MANY conservatives in my area hated McCain, they arent stupid, and wanted Ron Paul. The times are changing.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:04 PM

18,539 posts, read 8,717,403 times
It seems to be that the way politics is going, if favors the GOP, IF the GOP starts to go into the more Libertarian direction that is. Liberalism/Progressivism as brought to you by the Democrats is not in the future of this country. Libertarianism is, but hey that's just my opinion. But then again, is the rise of Ron and Rand Paul out of the woodwork any coincidence? If anything, I think that the place where Libertarianism would get its start would be in the Mountain West and then towards Texas. Debra Medina, a Libertarian R, got pretty good election results in gubernatorial primaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies