Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 09:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Well according to the CDC:

NSFG - Listing S - Key Statistics from the National Survey of Family Growth

Percent of males and females 25-44 years of age who have ever had anal sex with an opposite sex partner:
Males: 40.0%
Females: 34.7%

Percent of males and females 25-44 years of age in 2002 who had ever had oral sex with an opposite-sex partner:
Males: 90.1%;
Females: 88.3%
Maybe its just me, but I dont see how a survey which shows sex results with OPPOSITE sex partners, has to do with the topic of gays..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
It's not even in the Top 20, in my opinion.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:46 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
but the original question is not weather is important or not. People only care for what affects them directly and many people are not affected by homosexuality
That explains why so many turned up to preserve "traditional" marriages, and why it took the Obama administration almost two years to give gay service members the same rights as straight service members. Sorry, my apologies....

Old 12-27-2010, 12:59 PM

131 posts, read 209,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't thnik the majority of people really thnik about it except for when activist push it in their face.

I sure hope you mean bigoted christians, because LGBT people just want to be left alone.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:01 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Gallup: Gay Relationships Top Issue Dividing Republicans, Democrats | The New Civil Rights Movement

This article says it is, and I would agree with it. There is no other issue that causes so much hate and vitriol to be thrown at the opposing viewpoint. There is no other issue where compromise is simply impossible (its all or nothing on both sides of the issue). We have reached a point where liberal or conservative is defined by pro-gay or anti-gay. Both the left and the right use this issue as a litmus test in choosing which candidates to support. To add to the divisiveness, I can't think of a social issue where more emotion is involved on both sides than this issue (bring up the issue in any social setting and people's emotions will run high quick no matter what side they are on.)

There have been two major social issues in the history of our nation that have polarized our country to the extreme and threatened to split this nation apart. The first was slavery and the second was the 1960s civil rights movement. Does anybody think gay rights could end up being the third? Are we as polarized now as we were in the late 1960s and 1970s?
Ridiculous.......in case you haven't heard, the senate and house just voted to allow homo's to serve openly in the military. The only people that think this is an issue of any importance, are the likes of rachel maddow and his audience, the rest of us wish they would just shut up about it and focus on things like jobs ,national security and spending cuts.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:02 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Gallup: Gay Relationships Top Issue Dividing Republicans, Democrats | The New Civil Rights Movement

This article says it is, and I would agree with it. There is no other issue that causes so much hate and vitriol to be thrown at the opposing viewpoint. There is no other issue where compromise is simply impossible (its all or nothing on both sides of the issue). We have reached a point where liberal or conservative is defined by pro-gay or anti-gay. Both the left and the right use this issue as a litmus test in choosing which candidates to support. To add to the divisiveness, I can't think of a social issue where more emotion is involved on both sides than this issue (bring up the issue in any social setting and people's emotions will run high quick no matter what side they are on.)

There have been two major social issues in the history of our nation that have polarized our country to the extreme and threatened to split this nation apart. The first was slavery and the second was the 1960s civil rights movement. Does anybody think gay rights could end up being the third? Are we as polarized now as we were in the late 1960s and 1970s?
I think the bigger issue is abortion. That's a bigger litmus test than gay "rights".

Old 12-27-2010, 01:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Maybe its just me, but I dont see how a survey which shows sex results with OPPOSITE sex partners, has to do with the topic of gays..
The original question asked by a poster was whether aversion to homosexuality was based on aversion to certain sex acts, even if those same sex acts were done with someone of the opposite sex.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:31 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
No, gays and their concerns are a pathethic perverse side show. Abortion murder is the most polarizing issue.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:08 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No. It's not even close. Most of us go about our lives and never give homosexuality a thought.

It would not make my top 25 issues.
I think it might be in the top 25, but I agree that it is definitely not the "most polarizing".

Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Isn't Equality and Justice the core of every political position?
I know most people like to think so, but that's where most disagreements come from. People, simply because all are individuals, disagree as to what equality and justice really mean. Example: I think equality means my gay and lesbian friends should be allowed to marry their partners; my friend thinks it doesn't mean that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies