Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
U.S. Constitution - Amendment 4 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
And what was the "probable cause" here and where was the warrent.

Thank you for posting this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
And what was the "probable cause" here and where was the warrent.
They have already won & it was easy. On to the next step to keep us 'safe'.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:46 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Nobody is saying to remove security. But this is not security but theater and everyone knows it. And the last attempt was via fedex. Still nothing done to check shipped packages. If someone really wants to blow up a plane they will most certainly FIND a way. As long as the employees walk in and out with a card swipe (or their friends) you are NOT secure no matter how draconian it gets.

And it is a proteced right to not be subject to unreasonable search. This is unreasonable. Untested machines and rentacops with attitudes and on power trips are unreasonable, especially if they are not even effective.

What we need is real security as as long as the sheep keep herding through the gauntlet we will NEVER get it. What we will get is people who love power being fed more and more until they own us.

And I have a PRIVATE medical condition which I DO NOT want to have to display in front of a bunch of people. No way am I going to subject myself to that or the potential harm done by it being mishandled, as it has been by these goons. Why are MY RIGHTS lesser than yours because I have a medical situation that puts me at risk of being manhandled. If I did use a scanner I would have to be searched and would say no. Straight out. So where is my choice and how do I reconsider.

People have to stand up for rights, or we don't have any.
Where is your choice? You pointed it out yourself in your own post. I'll highlight it in red.

You would say no. Thats a choice you would make. You wouldn't end up on a plan but thats your choice. People that are saying this is rape or sexual assault are ridiculous because victims of rape and sexual assault don't have a choice in the matter. One would think this is all common sense but...

Old 12-27-2010, 06:58 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Where is your choice? You pointed it out yourself in your own post. I'll highlight it in red.

You would say no. Thats a choice you would make. You wouldn't end up on a plan but thats your choice. People that are saying this is rape or sexual assault are ridiculous because victims of rape and sexual assault don't have a choice in the matter. One would think this is all common sense but...
Government is force.

TSA is Government.

TSA is force.

Rape involves force.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:04 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So if the TSA dropped all pat downs, x-rays and profiling and allowed everyone to travel unrestricted and then a plane carrying your family blows up, then who is to blame? Would you be crying for TSA blood?
The don't profile, a 90 year old great grandmother can be groped, fondled and x-rayed, while a 20 year old of obvious middle eastern decent is hardly glanced at.

That is the stupidity of not profiling. It's a government agency, incompetence, corruption, waste and stupidity is mandatory

Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
They have already won & it was easy. On to the next step to keep us 'safe'.
Yep, all they had to do was yell "boo" and the surrender monkey cowards that seem to be in the majority raised their white flags and turned over their constitutional rights, and are now defending their cowardice.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:11 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Woman arrested at ABIA after refusing enhanced pat down | kvue.com | Austin, Texas News | KVUE | Austin, TX | Breaking News

Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - Texas
Hirschkind said because of the [pacemaker-type] device in her body, she was led to a female TSA employee and three Austin police officers. She says she was told she was going to be patted down.
"I turned to the police officer and said, 'I have given no due cause to give up my constitutional rights. You can wand me,'" and they said, 'No, you have to do this,'" she said.
Hirschkind agreed to the pat down, but on one condition.
"I told them, 'No, I'm not going to have my breasts felt,' and she said, 'Yes, you are,'" said Hirschkind.
When Hirschkind refused, she says that "the police actually pushed me to the floor, (and) handcuffed me. I was crying by then. They drug me 25 yards across the floor in front of the whole security."
An ABIA spokesman says it is TSA policy that anyone activating a security alarm has two options. One is to opt out and not fly, and the other option is to subject themselves to an enhanced pat down. Hirschkind refused both and was arrested.
Maybe she'll drive next time.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Government is force.

TSA is Government.

TSA is force.

Rape involves force.
Errr...rape doesn't evolve choice though...

Old 12-27-2010, 07:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Errr...rape doesn't evolve choice though...

Stay home, or get raped?

That choice?

Old 12-27-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Stay home, or get raped?

That choice?
If you say so

You do realize there are other forms of transportation than just flying right? Drive, train, bus, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies