Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Unless absolutely necessary will you stop flying due to the radiation and or groping that you will b
Yes, I will reconsider some flights 40 50.63%
No, though I don't like it, the extra radiation and body scan won't deter me at all 8 10.13%
No, though I don't like it, the optional body groping will not deter me 8 10.13%
No, I really don't mind the body scanning and/or groping 23 29.11%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:39 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times

Advertisements

My son is coming out to visit sometime this month by train. Considering what I've heard about planes and the tsa from that part of the family I know why. So, did the guy who got arrested for stripping get arrested because he was wearing what looked like swimming trunks or wrote about the 4th amendment on his chest?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
My son is coming out to visit sometime this month by train. Considering what I've heard about planes and the tsa from that part of the family I know why. So, did the guy who got arrested for stripping get arrested because he was wearing what looked like swimming trunks or wrote about the 4th amendment on his chest?
Fourth Amendment words are considered as known anti-government graffiti.

Exercising one's First Amendment right to express the Fourth Amendment in a Government-peopled environment is Sedition.

What his chest said, can, and will, be used against him in a court of law.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 PM

470 posts, read 1,036,816 times
I refuse to fly unless absolutely necessary. I will continue my stance on flying until the TSA starts using some common sense and screening passengers by using trend analysis. Trend analysis can also be spun and be called profiling, but until non-Muslims become suicide bombers that is the trend. If young Asian males start blowing themselves up in the name of a bald fat guy, then that is a trend that needs to be watched for.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:27 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokanejobseeker View Post
I refuse to fly unless absolutely necessary. I will continue my stance on flying until the TSA starts using some common sense and screening passengers by using trend analysis. Trend analysis can also be spun and be called profiling, but until non-Muslims become suicide bombers that is the trend. If young Asian males start blowing themselves up in the name of a bald fat guy, then that is a trend that needs to be watched for.
I still don't know why the big emphasis on airplanes - does the Koran say to only blow up airplanes? Do you get more brownie points? There is already a ton of security at airports. A successful terrorist could do just as much damage by blowing up a bus or setting off a bomb in Times Square (he could disguise himself as a homeless person, and hide the bomb in a bottle of Nightrain.)

Old 01-07-2011, 01:34 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I still don't know why the big emphasis on airplanes - does the Koran say to only blow up airplanes? Do you get more brownie points? There is already a ton of security at airports. A successful terrorist could do just as much damage by blowing up a bus or setting off a bomb in Times Square (he could disguise himself as a homeless person, and hide the bomb in a bottle of Nightrain.)
Karl Rove believes that dramatics are effective.

Many people have a fear of falling.

No kinda chute will do you much good on a train.

I'd rather see mandatory chutes on airplanes than irradiating and groping.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:57 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
A successful terrorist could do just as much damage by blowing up a bus or setting off a bomb in Times Square ...
They have. Don't you remember the Times Square bomber last May? http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/ny...messquare.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

You mean parachutes? Forget it. Modern jets fly too high. Even if you survived whatever catastrphic explosion took down the plane and made it outside, you'd freeze and/or suffercate before you made it to the ground in a parachute.

We are lucky that most Muslim terrorists don't seem very smart (even though many are university educated). Remember though that they don't have to succeed on a large scale to get in to their paradise. "Kill and be killed in the cause of jihad" gets you the free ticket in. The Qu'an never sets a numeric value. So, cutting off the head of a cartoonist is as good as taking down an entire airplane. I guess we're lucky that Mohammad didn't promise 72 virgins for EACH kafir you killed.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

Since there is already a big deterrent to a successful attack at an airport or on a plane, couple that with a bunch of armed pilots and you have enough already.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
They have. Don't you remember the Times Square bomber last May? http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/ny...messquare.html

You mean parachutes? Forget it. Modern jets fly too high. Even if you survived whatever catastrphic explosion took down the plane and made it outside, you'd freeze and/or suffercate before you made it to the ground in a parachute.

We are lucky that most Muslim terrorists don't seem very smart (even though many are university educated). Remember though that they don't have to succeed on a large scale to get in to their paradise. "Kill and be killed in the cause of jihad" gets you the free ticket in. The Qu'an never sets a numeric value. So, cutting off the head of a cartoonist is as good as taking down an entire airplane. I guess we're lucky that Mohammad didn't promise 72 virgins for EACH kafir you killed.
Well, they aren't that smart, so why are we so afraid to fly? Could it be that we just want to spend hundreds of millions for TSA scanners? The car bomb that didn't go off looks like a plant. A real suicide bomber would just blow him/her self up with some C-4 strapped around the waist. The fact is, there ain't a lot of them around. If there were, we would see people being blown up everyday. We get more 'action' from kids shooting their teachers and classmates. Do we want to install scanners in schools? The whole thing is a waste of tax dollars and public patience. Those bumbling 'terrorists' on 9-11 got a LOT of help - like wanting to learn to fly without taking off or landing - red flag wouldn't you think?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Not really. The scans really don't invade any privacy of mine, if they want to stare at my junk, they're welcome to it. And the radiation from the scans are minimal, so there's no real risk from that.

As for the groping? Makes me a lil' uncomfy, but imagine how uncomfy the guy doing the gropin' is.

And if it's a hot chick, then I ain't uncomfy at all.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:02 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post

Actually you don't have to blow up any airplaines now. Just arrange for a threat or two. The government, in full paranoid mode, will take it from there. If you want to change our way of life... guess what you DID!

It's more complicated to do personal violence in a place where you don't have a direct connection. Perhaps that is why they have not. Or they see that by talking someone into setting his underwear on fire (ouch!) they set in motion something as crushing of our liberties as if they had set off bombs and we did it all ourselves.

I still say they have already won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies