Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Unless absolutely necessary will you stop flying due to the radiation and or groping that you will b
Yes, I will reconsider some flights 40 50.63%
No, though I don't like it, the extra radiation and body scan won't deter me at all 8 10.13%
No, though I don't like it, the optional body groping will not deter me 8 10.13%
No, I really don't mind the body scanning and/or groping 23 29.11%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 04:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times

Advertisements

I have places I need or want to be. Minor inconveniences don't bother me and the TSA's security procedures are a minor inconvenience.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I'll fly if I must but I don't travel much so the new rules won't change anything. Except for my opinion about our government.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
I am prior service. The TSA systems although annoying do not deter me.
So far the flights I have taken the TSA folks have been extremely professional and curtious. I have some hardware in my body that always sets off the scanners. They do their jobs and I tolerate it. I do wish just once some idiot would try to break through security in front of me so I can a good beat down

Old 12-27-2010, 04:35 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I travel a lot for business and of course fly often.

I'm not crazy about going through security but I really don't see it as more than a minor annoyance. To me, it's no big deal.
Same here. Travel for business a lot and the security is pretty easy to take in stride.

I suspect the majority of the loudest protesters don't even fly much, they just need a cause.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:37 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I travel a lot for business and of course fly often.

I'm not crazy about going through security but I really don't see it as more than a minor annoyance. To me, it's no big deal.

What has made me change personal flying plans is simply the cattle car attitude of the airlines today. Not the security checks.
A friend of mine flew for the first time in a few years recently. She flew during the time they had the scanners off and on her flight they did no patdowns. But she hated it completely. The seats were uncomfortable. The carry on (legal size) would not fit anywhere. The plane was jammed to the gills and the crew was snoddy. Getting something to drink was a pain and she chose not to eat the "lunch". She has no intention of flying anywhere unless there is no choice at all and is unsure of the whole tsa scanner question as well.

She also mentioned that there was an extra fifty dollar a bag charge when they checked their baggage that had not been mentioned when they got the tickets a week before.

Given this, I would think the airlines would *want* to defend their passangers personal rights before the passangers decided to drive the next time.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:38 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,223 times
I didn't fly before 9/11, and I would never in a million years fly since. I will not be treated like a caged animal on the way to the slaughter house.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
First, people want tighter boarding procedures to 'ensure' safety. Then, no one likes what they've done to 'ensure' safety. Complain, complain, complain. It's no wonder nothing REAL can get accomplished with wishy-washy citizens.

If anyone did research on the new 'walk-through' systems they'd know the level of radiation is almost undetectable. I've posted the link in a different thread. Look it up.

Groping? Really?

Or would you rather have to attempt to save a plane at 30,000 feet from complete annihilation.
Provide links to back up your statement.
I never read of people clamoring the DHS for MORE protection.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:45 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
I'm extending my boycott to airport hotels. My favorite convention is at one but I won't go. The *industry* and those who make money off of it have to be proded to act. Those who don't fly much or at all can help push a few buttons this way.

If the trains have the same goons when my planned trip happens, amtrak owes me back for my ticket.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
nope, if I have a reason to fly I will but I have no plans to fly at this time.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:46 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,138 times
“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” -- Hermann Goering
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies