Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Unless absolutely necessary will you stop flying due to the radiation and or groping that you will b
Yes, I will reconsider some flights 40 50.63%
No, though I don't like it, the extra radiation and body scan won't deter me at all 8 10.13%
No, though I don't like it, the optional body groping will not deter me 8 10.13%
No, I really don't mind the body scanning and/or groping 23 29.11%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:11 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
This is of special importance in terms of future plans to take them mobile and to many other places. Those who say well just don't fly do NOT get the point. Everything starts somewhere and airports with their captive population and sufficent propaganda to justify it is where this begins. But it is NOT intended to end there.

Our government does NOT have the right to foist dangerous machine on us and especially when this is just the beginning of the plan. If you don't fly you have JUST as much right to be appauled and protest them as someone who does, (ditto the so called "patdowns") because this is planned only as start and if it doesn't effect your life now it will later if you don't.

This should be of great concern to all of us that value freedom. You are correct: it is NOT going to end here. The noose is being drawn steadily tighter, and not so slowly any more.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkonkomoan View Post

I call it stupid. If you are trying to call this an assult, it isn't.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You believe everything our government says don't you? Good luck.

LOL, I believe in science and facts. For example, I believe the government is wrong about man made global warming, the science doesn't support them. I believe the anti vaccine types are nuts who ingnore the facts. Ditto for the xray fear mongers.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:17 PM

No one gets to grab my testicles but my wife or my doctor, and my doctor is going to have to have a mighty good reason. But that's just me. You go live your life the way you want.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
No one gets to grab my testicles but my wife or my doctor, and my doctor is going to have to have a mighty good reason. But that's just me. You go live your life the way you want.

Do try to keep up. If you will review the thread you will see I said I would prefer the scanner to being pat down and that I would never elect to be pat down, I would go through the scanner.

Yikes, you even responded to that exact comment! See post #54.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
You believe everything the government says don't you? Good luck.
He probably IS the Government.

Obscene, threatening comments posted at anti-TSA website traced to Homeland Security servers

Old 12-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

You got me, I am Government, I live in Washington and I can see into your house right now! Put down that beer and go to bed!!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:30 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Do try to keep up. If you will review the thread you will see I said I would prefer the scanner to being pat down and that I would never elect to be pat down, I would go through the scanner.

Yikes, you even responded to that exact comment! See post #54.
Here's a news flash: they can run you through the scanner, then demand to play with your butt. It isn't something you "elect" to do. This I know from experience.

Still amazing that a guy named Farouk tries to bring down a plane with an underwear bomb, and the geniuses in charge decide that the problem is underwear--not guys named Farouk. In an attempt to avoid infringing the rights of a few, they infringe on the rights of all.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Here's a news flash: they can run you through the scanner, then demand to play with your butt. It isn't something you "elect" to do. This I know from experience.

Still amazing that a guy named Farouk tries to bring down a plane with an underwear bomb, and the geniuses in charge decide that the problem is underwear--not guys named Farouk. In an attempt to avoid infringing the rights of a few, they infringe on the rights of all.
That is true but it is very rare. You are guaranteed a pat down if you refuse sceening.

I agree the process is ineffective.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Do try to keep up.
Your condescension is noted. I will try to flog my dulled intellect to attain to your obviously lofty standards.

My post was not directed at or in response to you, but rather a comment on the thread in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies