Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,602,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Confused about what?
About the fact that daddy acts like a woman, for one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 12:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,639,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
About the fact that daddy acts like a woman, for one.
In what way?

Here's a thought: many straight men cook, clean, do laundry, read their kids bedtime stories, kiss boo-boos, brush hair... Does that mean they are acting like women?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,997,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And they chose a surrogate and a baby instead of adopting a child already needing a home why?
Elton wanted to adopt a HIV positive baby from the Ukraine but was told....he was too old.

There will be two parents to this child. His partner David is
48 which is by no means too old to be a parent and even though Elton maybe old (64), the advantages and love he will give this child outweighs any age issue. Congrats to them all - everyone deserves happiness

Old 12-28-2010, 12:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,195,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Very old people having children (and let's face it...62 is pretty old) seems little more than an act of pure selfishness.

What of the child? What will he/she get but a father too old to play with them, old enough to probably die before they reach adulthood? At that age, it's unlikely John, or anyone else, will live long enough to see the child even graduate from high school, let alone be there for them when they're grown. With the Father facing the prospect of declining health, who will be nurturing whom? And, at what age will the child have to begin dealing with that? 5? 10? 14?

Frankly, I think that's all quite a burden to put on a child just so you can have a legacy of some sort.
This is one of the best posts in a long time, stillkit. My youngest son graduated from high school in 2004, the year of my 72nd birthday. I had a heart attack in early 2005 and then a 6 by pass surgery. If Obamacare had been in effect then I would have received my consultation about dying gracefully and left to die, which I would have certainly done soon at from 80% to 95% plugged in those 6 arteries.

You are so right about what the kid has to live with when he has old parents and I was ten years younger than John is when my son was born.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 PM

14,465 posts, read 11,236,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
In what way?

Here's a thought: many straight men cook, clean, do laundry, read their kids bedtime stories, kiss boo-boos, brush hair... Does that mean they are acting like women?
If they scream when they see a mouse they are.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:41 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,815,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I would have waged that the attempt to head off said gay marriage debate by predicting it's ocurrence in a vain attempt to shame the initiator of it was going to happen on page 1, but I guess I would have lost.
LOL... that is such a complicated plot, I'm honestly not clever enough to have come up with it. Seems it inadvertently worked, though!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:42 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,602,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
In what way?

I do all those things but I don't think my kids are confused about my manliness. Maybe it's his flamboyant personality and the fact that he likes men.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,195,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I agree adoption is a great choice, but that's every couple's choice to make themselves... and I don't fault anyone for wanting a biological child.
Did that article say that one of the two parents was the biological father? If so, I missed that part.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:46 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,815,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did that article say that one of the two parents was the biological father? If so, I missed that part.
No, I guess it didn't... just an assumption on my part, which may or may not be correct. I'm sure that detail will be revealed (either way) in a future article.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:47 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,639,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This is one of the best posts in a long time, stillkit. My youngest son graduated from high school in 2004, the year of my 72nd birthday. I had a heart attack in early 2005 and then a 6 by pass surgery. If Obamacare had been in effect then I would have received my consultation about dying gracefully and left to die, which I would have certainly done soon at from 80% to 95% plugged in those 6 arteries.

You are so right about what the kid has to live with when he has old parents and I was ten years younger than John is when my son was born.
Seriously? I honestly feel sorry for you believing this.

You know what, there are no guarantees in life. Young parents die, older parents die. It is not the quantity of time one spends but the quality. Yes, it is sad when one loses one's parent as my children lost their father (my youngest when he was barely 18), however, I guarantee you my husband would have never wanted anything other than to get to know his children, even knowing how little time he would ultimately have with them. Oh, and my husband was younger than Sir Elton is now when he died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies