Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,903,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreez View Post
I know this is what the world is told but I live here and it just isent true I am sorry if people dissagree but I have seen it with my own eyes.
What isn't true?
Are the elk not being fed?
Is there no disease?

I am not the enemy of ranchers; I would really hope that they and wildlife advocates could work together.
Ranchers and wolves could both end up extinct.

ETA: the whole thing with public grazing lands is another subject. Have y'all ever camped in cow p o o p?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 03:14 PM

105 posts, read 323,775 times
thank you furyu for signing.Like i said i am a hunter but i only hunt to supply my family with food becase i dont have alot of money.I dont hunt just to kill something and i sure wont kill a wolf or mountain lion, it would be as bad as killing an eagle, these animals are a symbol of this country.We cant just keep killing for no reason.
THank you very much, i will be at the wolf keep recovery center in Bonner, Montana in 4days to observe the wolves again, i cant wait.I havent been there in a year and look forward to showing my kids these beautifull creatures again.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 PM

Maybe we should stop the illegals from crossing the border and make it a law that you cant have more than 2 children per family because we the people are the problem here not the animals.We keep overpopulating and taking up area in the forest and turning into our yard and if an animal crosses our lawn we want to kill it because it broke a blade of our grass.MY god what is wrong with this picture, does nature mean nothing to people.Someday we wont have any forests because we keep cutting it down because Bill and Maude want a 2nd house that they go to 2 weeks a year.Lets just kill everything so we can prove how smart and dominant we are.I am a hunter but i am also a human being with thoughts about the future of this country and this land for my children and grand children.I dont want my grandkids to have to look ata book to see what animals and forests we use to have , i want them to experience it.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:26 PM

Magellan i know what you are saying.I did a report that was 26 pages in college on the importance of deerhunting and i have seen deer that ate dead deer because they were starving when i lived around iron mountain michigan.I believe in the method but i dont believe in taking the population down to 100.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:05 PM

525 posts, read 2,346,425 times
Dan, thanks for sharing your experiences and perspectives. Indeed, if "herds" that need to be culled were on a list-humans could/should be considered. I am being extreme to make a point, but overpopulation has a HUGE impact, and there is no real reason (survival, etc.) for our species to have as many children as we can, perhaps we could think let's have a reasonable amount of children, and save some resources for everyone ELSE on the planet-human and animal.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:41 PM

Thank you justsayno, why do we have to keep destroying the environment but people cant figure out the concept of birth control to control the human race.We are the problem here and we definitely kill more than we can eat so why does it effect people when the wolf does.
Our troops arent eating what they kill and i have seen many times in my years, hunters that shot a deer and cut the antlers off but left the deer to rot.
I am a hunter but i dont kill things because i want the antlers or a trophy, i do it out of need for food.As humans we take more than we can whenever we can, for instance go to a all you can eat buffet once and watch how much food people throw away or eat until they are sick.
The wolf has no option , he cant just go to mcdonalds and order a small burger, in the wild there is only one size and that is whatever is near at the time.I believe people have to learn control and not always be in control.
Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies