Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Quite a rare event. It seems some have died, but I am having difficultly finding links. But, not to worry, noithing going on with the World Climate, right?

National Weather Forecast - weather.com
I see that your forecast is a lot like ours (Southern Kansas) was yesterday. Ahead of the front, much warmer than average temperatures can be expected with much colder than average temperatures behind it today and tomorrow;

We were several degrees above normal yesterday at 63 but today our high so far has been 20. I guess you are in for some more cold weather if it all holds true.

Are you suggesting that Algore and company are right or the rest of us may be right. This is surely not global warming, in my eyes, and nothing but climate change.

bob, I have lived in this town for 41 years and never seen weather like the first one was since then. We had below freezing, mostly low 20s for 20 days in January and never anything like that since. We had a 26 inch blizzard in my second winter and it took the better part of two weeks to get dug out of that one since we just don't have the equipment for things like that. Never had more than 8 inches in one storm till last late March when we had 30 inches of snow one night.

I wonder why so many people here just can't handle global warming since our weather is kind of erratic for the normal state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 02:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
In no way does the current event verify the GW threat. It is just that extreme and unusual weather phenom, is part of what the GW believer experts are saying, will happen more frequently. As years go by, the preponderance of the evidence may indeed prove it out. I just think it is foolish to ignore the possibility, that it could be true. So far, 6 dead in the tornadoes.
Of course they are saying that. And if there is a lack of tornadoes during the "normal" season, they will again try and link that to AGW. Just like they tried to link the coming record breaking number of hurricanes to AGW...except, wait! Their prediction for the last TWO years of those record breaking hurricanes...never came true.

In fact, we've had an unusually LOW number of hurricanes. Of course, they will try to link that to AGW as well.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-31-2010 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 12-31-2010, 02:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Anybody believe this?

No, didn't think so.

Your title is inaccurate and misleading. I don't see a link to any deadly tornadoes.
1. Yes, I do.

2. I saw the story about these tornadoes on CNN.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
1. Yes, I do.

Goof for you. You know what they say about believing what you read on the internet.

Yes, I've seen the story now too.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
1. Yes, I do.

I knew there was a reason I should have been watching CNN today instead of basketball games, but I love college basketball and don't watch CNN on purpose. I read bob's link and failed to see the part about the tornadoes, but think he was very truthful when he said he didn't have a link to that tornado.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Goof for you. You know what they say about believing what you read on the internet.

Yes, I've seen the story now too.
Like people who say they've been on Rush Limbaugh five times?

Gosh, I saw it 6 hours ago. It was all they were talking about. Slow news day.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Unfortunately, December tornadoes are not rare enough:

December Tornadoes 1959-2004

Old 12-31-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Unfortunately, December tornadoes are not rare enough:

December Tornadoes 1959-2004
Yes, just as expected...a natural occurrence.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
3 dead northwest of me, lots of damage all over the place.
The storms missed me.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:14 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Quite a rare event. It seems some have died, but I am having difficultly finding links. But, not to worry, noithing going on with the World Climate, right?

National Weather Forecast - weather.com
I'm a big believer in global warming. There's a lot of evidence. But an isolated weather phenomenon actually means very little. An analogy would be to watch Babe Ruth play one game in his career. He goes 0-4 and strikes out twice. Based on the one game should the person conclude that The Babe couldn't hit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies