Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,400,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofnorth View Post

Also, A report is out that the unemployment is down. HOW IN THE HECK do they figure this??? Because not many people are singing up. HELLLLLOOOOO Their unemployment ran out they can not get anymore. So, what group do these people fall into.. . People who have jobs.
I know at least 12 people who can not get unemployment any longer.

The reporting of the UE numbers from the states is a hoax. They purposely report them untruthfully. They ONLY consider you unemployed if you are currently collecting. They ignore the people who didn't qualify to begin with or who ran out of UE. They actually consider those people back to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think it's OKAY to offer junk food sometimes, at some places, too. But there is no good reason to offer it at schools and it sure as heck isn't an infringement on parential control if it's NOT offered somewhere.
its not about junk food, its about forcing junk science

Under the new law, traditional school lunch fare such as burritos, hot dogs and cheeseburgers will be replaced with whole wheat spaghetti, oven-baked fish and whole wheat cheese pizza.

whole wheat has MORE sugars..

Old 01-03-2011, 03:34 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

Amazing isn't it? Another thing Progressives fail to realize, maybe it is their plan who knows, is that they are pushing to remove PhysEd from schools. WHY?!?!!? If they are so damn concerned about obesity why are they doing this? I don't think this is about health at all, it is about complete control. Progressives are trying to say that these kids don't need that many calories.. Well DUH!!!! If you take their excercise away from them, then they don't! A growing child needs a TON of calories for proper health, but in order for that to work, they need excercise. It's ALL about burning the proper amount of calories and you can basically eat what you want, within reason. By them pushing for the removal of PE, they are creating a bigger problem.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:35 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,580,416 times
she looks like she sneaks a couple of ho-hos once in a while...

Old 01-03-2011, 03:44 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,626,479 times
Quote:

Under the new law, traditional school lunch fare such as burritos, hot dogs and cheeseburgers will be replaced with whole wheat spaghetti, oven-baked fish and whole wheat cheese pizza.

And hot dogs? so glad to see they finally pass for "nutrition". I love hot dogs, but only have one once in a blue moon. Guess this means I can have one every day for lunch and I'll be healthier and thinner, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Amazing isn't it? Another thing Progressives fail to realize, maybe it is their plan who knows, is that they are pushing to remove PhysEd from schools. WHY?!?!!? If they are so damn concerned about obesity why are they doing this? I don't think this is about health at all, it is about complete control. Progressives are trying to say that these kids don't need that many calories.. Well DUH!!!! If you take their excercise away from them, then they don't! A growing child needs a TON of calories for proper health, but in order for that to work, they need excercise. It's ALL about burning the proper amount of calories and you can basically eat what you want, within reason. By them pushing for the removal of PE, they are creating a bigger problem.
That's one of the best posts I've seen in a while. (reps coming your way)

Old 01-03-2011, 05:25 PM

37,048 posts, read 41,979,600 times
Quote:
Amazing isn't it? Another thing Progressives fail to realize, maybe it is their plan who knows, is that they are pushing to remove PhysEd from schools. WHY?!?!!?
Who is pushing to remove Physical Education from schools? Links? Examples?

Quote:
That's one of the best posts I've seen in a while. (reps coming your way)
Same question to you since your such a fan of the statement.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,148,425 times
Quote:

So schools will now be the buyers of Gulf coast seafood laced with Corexit ?

Old 01-03-2011, 06:51 PM

8,852 posts, read 5,322,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

How many schools?
How much do utilities cost? Upkeep?
No of students?

The per pupil spending is around $11,000 per student.

The private school one child attends uses around 1/2 of this. Books are part of the tuition. Other supplies are supplied by the parents. And their lunch is better.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I posted the list of president's wives throughout our history and I got the link from the collected first ladies's own library. Nowhere in any of my posts in this thread have I stated or inferred that liberals and their educations are saviors of our nation or in any way affect the outcome or direction of this country. You want to make a point, make it on your own merits and not off the back of blatent mis-statements about my posts. I've read many of your posts. Frankly IMO, they are thin on facts, large on attitude and usually lacking of any redeeming feature except for the entertainment value a parrot has when repeating phrases learned by rote.
Suffering from a bit of overly developed self-importance, aren't you?

You weren't the poster I was referring to.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

Your faction(the honorable right) wants the government to ban the right of a woman to choose, deny people of different sexual preferences the right to marry, prohibit stem cell research that will ultimately prevent and cure many afflictions yet simultaniously screams about the government interference guiding our children towards a healthy lunch. I don't get it...... ....I.......just......don't........get it.
You want stem cell research? Trying paying for it yourselves.

You want gays to marry? Convince the people its a good idea. Your record is not good in this department.

It is very funny to see the same liberals who wish to deny children a right to life later screech they have some right to dictate what they eat in a school lunch room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies