Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 11:45 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times

Advertisements

This is a little pun on a president you guess who? My Dear Fellow Taxpayer; I have the distinguished honor of being a member of a committee to raise $50 million dollars to be used to erect a statue of ? in the Hall of Fame in Washington D.C. We have decided not to honor him by placing it next to George Washington [ who never told a lie] nor next to Lincoln [who was known as "Honest Abe"],or Thomas Jefferson [who spurned a third term]. Frankly,we are in quite a quandary.However,after deliberation we have decided to place the statue next to Columbus,who after all,did not know where he was going;did not know where he was after he got there;nor where he had been when he returned home,but did make the trip on borrowed money. We are planning to have the following inscription engraved on the ? statue: "I pledge allegiance to ? and to the corruption for which he stands-one man indispensible,with indebtedness and taxes for all" Five thousand years ago Moses said,"Pick up thy shovels,mount thine A$$ and Camel,and i will lead thee into the Promised Land" Today,five thousand years later,? said,"Lay down your shovels,sit on your a$$ and light up a Camel - this IS the Promised Land". If you are one of those who dare to have any money left over after taxes are paid,we will expect a liberal contribution. No it is not Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 11:52 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Fdr!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:53 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Lbj?

Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
This is a little pun on a president you guess who? My Dear Fellow Taxpayer; I have the distinguished honor of being a member of a committee to raise $50 million dollars to be used to erect a statue of ? in the Hall of Fame in Washington D.C. We have decided not to honor him by placing it next to George Washington [ who never told a lie] nor next to Lincoln [who was known as "Honest Abe"],or Thomas Jefferson [who spurned a third term]. Frankly,we are in quite a quandary.However,after deliberation we have decided to place the statue next to Columbus,who after all,did not know where he was going;did not know where he was after he got there;nor where he had been when he returned home,but did make the trip on borrowed money. We are planning to have the following inscription engraved on the ? statue: "I pledge allegiance to ? and to the corruption for which he stands-one man indispensible,with indebtedness and taxes for all" Five thousand years ago Moses said,"Pick up thy shovels,mount thine A$$ and Camel,and i will lead thee into the Promised Land" Today,five thousand years later,? said,"Lay down your shovels,sit on your a$$ and light up a Camel - this IS the Promised Land". If you are one of those who dare to have any money left over after taxes are paid,we will expect a liberal contribution. No it is not Obama
But it was a man who Obama wants to emulate as often as possible. The first time I saw this one on an e-mail forward it was FDR. Who did you have in mind?

Old 12-31-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But it was a man who Obama wants to emulate as often as possible. The first time I saw this one on an e-mail forward it was FDR. Who did you have in mind?
Don't want to let the cat out of the bag... here is a hint...Railroaders hated him.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,147,223 times
It looks like it is a combinition of two jokes

Quote:
A committee of admirers of the late president was trying to decide where to place a statue of Roosevelt in the Capitol Building. They decided it would not do to place his next to Washington who ever told a lie. They also decided it would not do to place it next to Lincoln, because Lincoln was known as "Honest Abe." The committee was very undecided, but after careful consideration they decided to place the statue next to that of Columbus, because he did not know where in hell he was going, did not know where the hell he was when he got there and did not know where the hell he had been when he got back. And he did all this on borrowed money
Quote:
King Saul said unto his people 15,000 years ago, "Get off your ass , pick up your shovel, get on your camel and I'll lead you to the promised land." Then in 1944, Roosevelt said, "Throw away your shovel, sit on your ass , light up a Camel; this is the promised land." Then in 1959, Ike takes your shovel, sells your camel, kicks your ass , and says there is no promised
land

https://journals.ku.edu/index.php/am...File/2070/2029

Old 12-31-2010, 12:04 PM

952 posts, read 942,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Don't want to let the cat out of the bag... here is a hint...Railroaders hated him.

Jefferson Davis!

Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
It looks like it is a combinition of two jokes

https://journals.ku.edu/index.php/am...File/2070/2029
Its funny you can change the name of any president and its the same problems 60 plus years later but it is not FDR. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone hope the best for all this coming year

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; 12-31-2010 at 12:18 PM..

Old 01-01-2011, 02:28 PM

The pun was on Harry Truman and here are major events that happened during his term dropped the Atomic bombs that ended WW2 Creation of the United Nations Nuremburg Trials Truman Doctrine Taft Hartly Act Israel created Marshall Plan NATO Treaty Korean War 22nd Amendment Hydrogen Bomb ...In 1946 he intervened in a national strike by the railroaders and coal miners and took over the railroads telling the workers he would have them drafted into the army with loss of seniority after they refused to go back to work...give em hell Harry... the buck stops here.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:02 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Cal Coolidge
"I have nothing to say and don't quote me on that"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies