Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,816,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
A completely ignorant comment.

Most Ashkenazi Jews and nearly all Sephardi Jews can trace their original ancestry back to the land of Israel.

Don't be a fool. Jews were kicked out of that land thousands of years ago by the Romans, ironically probably by the ancestors of the original poster (as he's "Italian-American". If it weren't for his people we wouldn't have this problem today).

Jews are native to that land as much as Palestinians. http://www.familytreedna.com/pdf/43026_Doron.pdf

What about Jews like myself with 100% caucasian features. I have light skin and blue eyes. Nobody would know I'm Jewish unless I would tell them. My ancestors were all from Russia. I would guess my DNA is very different than the Middle Eastern looking Jews who live in Israel.

Concerning the topic of this thread I would be curious about the political ideology of the OP. Most of the anti-Israel opinion today is coming from the far left. Most American Jews seem to be totally oblivious to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,441,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
What about Jews like myself with 100% caucasian features. I have light skin and blue eyes. Nobody would know I'm Jewish unless I would tell them. My ancestors were all from Russia. I would guess my DNA is very different than the Middle Eastern looking Jews who live in Israel.

Concerning the topic of this thread I would be curious about the political ideology of the OP. Most of the anti-Israel opinion today is coming from the far left. Most American Jews seem to be totally oblivious to this.
I am the OP and yeah, I am on the far-left.

I don't know if I would call myself "anti-Israel." I believe it has a right to exist. I don't like the shameful way it treats its Arab minority (just like I detest the way the US often treats ITS minorities) and I don't like the way America economically and militarily supports Israel.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:30 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,479,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post

I don't know if I would call myself "anti-Israel." I believe it has a right to exist. I don't like the shameful way it treats its Arab minority (just like I detest the way the US often treats ITS minorities) and I don't like the way America economically and militarily supports Israel.

I happen to believe in the client state relationship between America and Israel. Its just that America is the client, Israel is the boss.

When Israel yells jump, USA officials ask "how high?"

If we fail to do this, the trusty "anti-semite" card gets brandished and promising careers are dashed on the rocks. Might it be called 'the rock of Israel"?

Old 01-04-2011, 09:39 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,624,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
I happen to believe in the client state relationship between America and Israel. Its just that America is the client, Israel is the boss.

When Israel yells jump, USA officials ask "how high?"

If we fail to do this, the trusty "anti-semite" card gets brandished and promising careers are dashed on the rocks. Might it be called 'the rock of Israel"?
Can't you come up with a more plausible, internal conspiracy?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 26 days ago)

43,570 posts, read 44,300,004 times
Quote:

Israel and its Arab Minority:
Israel Studies: An Anthology - Israel and its Arab Minority

Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,285,461 times
Quote:
Israel's top Reform rabbi: Israeli society falling into deep pit of racism - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

THIS is one of America's TOP allies? WHY? They clearly do not share America's values. This is a state that is blatantly racist against Muslims. We get attacked by terrorists because we have freedom? No. We get attacked because we are allied with a racist, Hitler-esque regime. They will launch a Hitler-esque final solution against Muslims within the next ten years IMO. The next death camps will sadly be instituted in one of America's top allies.

Americans, be proud, your tax dollars finance this racist country's military.
islam is a religon not a race and yes we get attacked for our freedom

Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,890,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
I wondered what kind of idiot votes for Obama , Davis , Reid and such ...now I know. What a stupid post.
I'm Jewish and I voted for Obama, along with 75-80% of American Jews... weird, huh? In your words, what a stupid post.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,681,993 times
Quote:
Israel's top Reform rabbi: Israeli society falling into deep pit of racism - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

THIS is one of America's TOP allies? WHY? They clearly do not share America's values. This is a state that is blatantly racist against Muslims. We get attacked by terrorists because we have freedom? No. We get attacked because we are allied with a racist, Hitler-esque regime. They will launch a Hitler-esque final solution against Muslims within the next ten years IMO. The next death camps will sadly be instituted in one of America's top allies.

Americans, be proud, your tax dollars finance this racist country's military.

And now this:

Israel Said It Would Keep Gaza Near Collapse: WikiLeaks

Lovely.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:59 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I wish you would fall off the face of the Earth.
I'm sure. And ya know....you aint in that boat by yourself...just so you know! Makes me proud.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm Jewish and I voted for Obama, along with 75-80% of American Jews... weird, huh? In your words, what a stupid post.
ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies