Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I most likely wouldn't know...or care.
My neighbor right now is probably a drug dealer,or he has a LOT of friends dropping by all hours of the day and night...

Not my concern,just as it is not his concern what I do.

My knowledge is based upon something i was told early on...

Don't be a sticky beak.

Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Depends on the situation, it's not the plant but the low life scum it can draw in it's common sense really when i was young I grew a plant in my back yard I had prowlers and when the plant was mature someone took it but not after breaking in my house at the same time.
Well how many plants were they growing? As I've said before, its no different than someone buying an expensive car or HD TV. Granted those aren't illegal, but the danger is the same.

And as I've said, i wouldn't want a large grow op going on next door to me. I personally grow about 5 plants per year for myself, and those are on and off throughout the year, no more than two in my box at a time. That gets me by. And I don't sale, although if a good friend needs a brownie, they know I will always share. No different than home brewing.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
After today's news? I'd call Chris Matthews and ask him what he thinks I should do.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:10 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
If it were for their own personal use and they didn't have heavy traffic running in and out (ie. selling it) then I wouldn't care. They can grow it and smoke it all day long for all I care.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is illegal in my state, no exceptions. You don't have to agree and if you are a pothead don't be my neighbor! You won't like it.
Quote:
Comments above in red.
It is illegal in my state, no exceptions.

Thats what you said. That means no exceptions, when someone breaks the law, no exceptions. And if you give exceptions for other things, and not pot, why? Whats so special about pot that you find it unacceptable but minor speeding and other laws being broken that are acceptable.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It is illegal in my state, no exceptions.

Thats what you said. That means no exceptions, when someone breaks the law, no exceptions. And if you give exceptions for other things, and not pot, why? Whats so special about pot that you find it unacceptable but minor speeding and other laws being broken that are acceptable.
If I do not have a radar gun and am traveling under the speed limit myself how am I supposed to determine "minor speeding" and how would you have me report it? Are you suggesting I abuse the 911 system for a non-felony, non-emergency?

Try to stick to the topic of illegal marijuana cultivation rather than endless equivocating just because you are a pro-pot advocate.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
If it were for their own personal use and they didn't have heavy traffic running in and out (ie. selling it) then I wouldn't care. They can grow it and smoke it all day long for all I care.
This I understand. Dealing drugs is dangerous, and invites dangerous behavior.

Growing your own, not for sale, isn't dealing, and as such the danger is about the same as any other thing bought of value.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
If I do not have a radar gun and am traveling under the speed limit myself how am I supposed to determine "minor speeding" and how would you have me report it. Are you suggesting I abuse the 911 system?

Try to stick to the topic of illegal marijuana rather than endless equivocating because you are a pro-pot advocate.
So you turn an eye to it. Gotcha.

Why is pot so bad to you?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
What do you not understand? It is physically impossible to ingest enough marijuana to "overdose".
So even if I smoked 50 blunts in a row or ate a whole sheet pan of pot brownies in one sitting it wouldn't enter my system fast enough to cause illness? You can kill yourself drinking too much water too fast, so I don't see how it's impossible to overdose on anything, if you have enough of it in your system in a short enough period of time. Is it because your system only absorbs it so fast?

(Mind you, I don't believe the possibility of overdosing is a valid reason to make something illegal. After all, you can technically overdose on water but criminalizing water would be stupid for obvious reasons.)

Old 01-04-2011, 04:18 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I'm curious about all the posters who are okay with growing for personal use but not selling--what is your reasoning? How is selling it any different than growing it to smoke it--aren't both growers and buyers just obtaining the same thing in different ways? Is it the fact someone is making a profit that you object to? Just want to understand other points of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies