Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your social and personal stance on abortion?
I'm Pro choice & I would never ever have an abortion 6 3.59%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion if my life was in danger 0 0%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or if the baby's life was in danger 6 3.59%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or if the baby would be disabled 3 1.80%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or in the case of incest 1 0.60%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or in the case of rape 8 4.79%
I'm Pro choice & I would have an abortion for the above or if I couldn't raise the baby 29 17.37%
I'm Pro choice & I would definitely have an abortion, even if I could take care of the baby. 23 13.77%
I'm Pro choice & I would give the baby up for adoption. 3 1.80%
I'm Pro-Life & I would never ever have an abortion 16 9.58%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if my life was in danger 13 7.78%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if the baby's life was in danger 0 0%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if the baby would be disabled 0 0%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion in the case of incest 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion in the case of rape. 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would have an abortion if I couldn't raise the baby 2 1.20%
I'm Pro-Life & I would definitely have an abortion, even if I could take care of the baby. 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would give the baby up for adoption. 4 2.40%
I'm a man, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 29 17.37%
I'm gay, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 11 6.59%
I'm post-menopausal, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 10 5.99%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:26 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
So I need someone to clear something up for me.
Can anyone give me an answer that is unbiased and 100% fair?

Woman does not want baby. Dad doesn't mind being a dad: It's her choice.
Woman wants to have baby. Dad does not want: He has no say and will be sued until the child is at least 18 to pay for it.

You can say "it's a woman's body!!" because you were brainwashed or feel empowered or whatever that crap is---you know it's not fair.

2 people make a baby; 2 people decide if and how they wish to raise it.

(Of course in special cases of rape and health, etc it's a different situation)
But........only ONE person carries the baby for 9 months, only ONE person faces health risks to carry the baby, only ONE person has to give birth to the baby.........so ONLY THAT ONE PERSON gets to make the dicisions.

Life is not fair........get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 07:48 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
This is the worse poll I have seen on the forum! Too many choices....

What If I am pro life but would consider an aborortion only an extreme circumstances..

and I am pro choice but would favor laws restricting abortions for extreme cirstances

ie... risk of death, rape, incest, under the age of 14, ect ect..

you could cut it down to like 4 or 6 choices tops

Old 01-14-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
People keep saying that. And I keep saying that we have MORE sex now because of this religious belief in contraceptives. And I suppose someone else will tell me "people have always had sex" And I'll repeat the same thing again... "we have MORE sex now because of this religious belief in contraceptives" and once again someone will repeat, "people have always had sex" and I'll keep repeating until you all get it through your thick skulls... "we have MORE sex now because of this religious belief in contraceptives."

Can we please stop this merry go round??? Understand!!! WE HAVE MORE SEX NOW!
No sympathy.

YOU started this ridiculous poll.

YOU kept it going when it was prepared to die a dignified death.

YOU can look at the numbers, not see what you wanted to see and continue to hope that if you run your mouth long enough, the numbers will change.

Or YOU can take your ball and stomp off home in a huff, because you are NEVER GOING TO CHANGE PEOPLE'S MINDS, no matter how long you insult and berate them. Especially no matter how long you insult and berate them.

This was never an actual "poll" to begin with. It was your own personal soap box. People are not giving enough gravitas to your opinion so you keep shouting it louder.

For Pete's sake, just stop it!

Old 01-14-2011, 08:13 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
But........only ONE person carries the baby for 9 months, only ONE person faces health risks to carry the baby, only ONE person has to give birth to the baby.........so ONLY THAT ONE PERSON gets to make the dicisions.
That's part of being a woman. If you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
That's part of being a woman. If you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex.
Nice try.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Nice try.
Nope. It's the truth. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Nope. It's the truth. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Yeah, but you can. Convenient, huh?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but you can. Convenient, huh?
How do you figure I can?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
How do you figure I can?
Have your cake and eat it too? As in all the sex you want with no real consequences that you can't simply walk away from. Physically. Biologically.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Have your cake and eat it too? As in all the sex you want with no real consequences that you can't simply walk away from. Physically. Biologically.
A man who walks away from his responsibilities is just as bad as a woman who tries to get out of them, in my opinion. A deadbeat father is no better or worse than a mother who aborts a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies