Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think John Boehner will cry when Nancy Pelosi hands the gavel to him?
Yes, he will cry 34 66.67%
No, he won't 17 33.33%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It pleases me beyond expression that she is gone from the podium.
I just wish her constituents had wised up in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 02:40 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
This post is at the top of my list for the most assinine juvenile post I have ever read.

There is nothing wrong with a man showing true emotion when reaching such a high position as Speaker of the House of Representavives. One of eleven children. Worked his way through college and has attained a position he could never have dreamed of. It is truly a great accomplishment for him.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
This post is at the top of my list for the most assinine juvenile post I have ever read.

There is nothing wrong with a man showing true emotion when reaching such a high position as Speaker of the House of Representavives. One of eleven children. Worked his way through college and has attained a position he could never have dreamed of. It is truly a great accomplishment for him.
Sorry you don't like it, but even conservatives and Republicans have said that Boehner needs to get a grip on his emotions. He cries at the drop of a hat.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He cries at the drop of a hat.
That cyborg you call Nancy Pelosi did her share of shedding tears for drama as well.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

There IS something wrong with a PERSON crying their way to the top as Boehner has done, he has a HISTORY of crying ....something that would never be tolerated if he was a woman.

Hilary Clinton merely got tears in her eyes during the campaign and was fried for it....some even described it as a "breaking down"....

Oh, BTW, MANY other people have overcome poverty ...and didn't turn into blubbering babies...

Old 01-04-2011, 02:55 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
If he does, it's because he cares so much about our country and his unlikely road to becoming Speaker...unlike dip-wad left-wing Pelosi who only wants to spend money, increase entitlements and handout money to stupid people that don't deserve it.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:56 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,447 times
I'll make on more comment here;
In the case of crying in public I don't really see the harm. It’s a human emotion, no one gets in a huff if they laugh or get angry. Actually, showing your anger in public as a politician get you votes!
I too feel it’s a lack of control for a grown man to cry in public over political issues but who am I to pass judgment? I gotta go now (sniff-sniff) this is getting to me (sniff-sniff).
I would much rather the man cry than that old witch stay there anyday.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:57 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
There IS something wrong with a PERSON crying their way to the top as Boehner has done, he has a HISTORY of crying ....something that would never be tolerated if he was a woman.

Hilary Clinton merely got tears in her eyes during the campaign and was fried for it....some even described it as a "breaking down"....

Oh, BTW, MANY other people have overcome poverty ...and didn't turn into blubbering babies...
Elections have consequences, get over the fact that you lost and move on.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
I hope he does cry, because the average American would be touched by how far this self-made man has come - second in line to the presidency - and then we can watch as the fringe Left mocks and makes fun of him. That should garner a lot of support from those average, everyday Americans the Left will need to get back the majority in the House.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If he does, I'll enjoy the laughter I get out of it, but for the sake of his dignity, I really hope he can control his emotions and not start blubbering again.
It probably will depend on how many drinks he has had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies