Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I lay blame squarely at the feet of those most deserving. Don't you? I'm no cheerleader for the fiscal liberals in the republican party, trust me.
OK, so you will blame the Dems. I'm glad we got that out of the way.

BTW I am not a Dem, and I am not crediting either party for the good news, I am just happy the tide has turned.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:06 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, so you will blame the Dems. I'm glad we got that out of the way.

BTW I am not a Dem, and I am not crediting either party for the good news, I am just happy the tide has turned.
Nice spin.

Woohoo, we made a .01% dent in the unemployment numbers! Yay!!!
(yes, I am happy that the pendulum is shifting in a positive direction finally, but let's keep this in perspective)

Old 01-05-2011, 09:17 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Of COURSE we can count on the rightwingers here to find something wrong with good news on the jobs front. You people have been screaming and kicking about the private sector jobs numbers for 2 years; first ignoring the fact that the numbers plummeted under Republican policies and control, and then ignoring every expert who says jobs are the last thing to recover in a recession.

Now you're shown that private sector jobs have not only increased every single month for the past ELEVEN MONTHS in a row, but experienced almost a 3-fold larger increase in the most recent month than most predicted. And still you refuse to accept or acknowledge that this is a good thing, and shows a clear sign that our economy is recovering and will continue to improve.

But we aren't stupid. We know why you absolutely must do this. To acknowledge the truth means you'd have to accept the fact that President Obama and the Democratic Congress did the right things to bring this country back from the brink of a major Depression. That Democratic policies and practices work. But you're too married to your ideology to allow truth to influence you.

Typical.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That many added in the month of December is definitely holiday season workers. Who do you think hires the seasonal workers? Small and medium sized businesses!!!
Seasonal workers get hired in late October not December.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I I can assure companies don't give a rats ass who holds the gavel in Congress. They hire when they have a need to hire and when they see that business is picking up. Do you really think companies would not be hiring if Dems had won the election?
Thank you.

People want to be successful and make money, they are going to hire when they think it is the best time to do so not in some feeble attempt to sway public opinion about congress.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
From the link:

Quote:
ADP reported that hiring by private employers was led by the services sector in December, with employers adding 270,000 jobs in December. That's the sector's highest jump on record and the 11th straight gain, the payroll processor said.
Service sector,what sort of job is that exactly????

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
From the link:

Service sector,what sort of job is that exactly????
It took a big hit when the adult services link was dropped from craigslist.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Good News = Bad News for some. The better off this nation is in the next two years the less chance the right will have in 2012 of regaining control and that is what it is all about, control, the country doesn't matter to some so long as their boys are in control. I guess when they run out of real things to whine about they will get back to the BC nonissue. Keep up the great posts.
Casper

Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good News = Bad News for some. The better off this nation is in the next two years the less chance the right will have in 2012 of regaining control and that is what it is all about, control, the country doesn't matter to some so long as their boys are in control. I guess when they run out of real things to whine about they will get back to the BC nonissue. Keep up the great posts.
Casper
I think the way it's set up is great. Nothing will get done. Reps in congress, Dems in WH/Senate. No new bills passed except on rare bipartisanship kumbaya. The country prospers.

The bleeding has been stopped thanks to Nov.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Nice spin.

Woohoo, we made a .01% dent in the unemployment numbers! Yay!!!
(yes, I am happy that the pendulum is shifting in a positive direction finally, but let's keep this in perspective)
The direction has been correct for the past two years. Two years ago we were losing 700 000 jobs per month, so we have come a long way.

Well, let's wait for the HC bill to be repealed, because if is it not repealed, and the employment situation improves anyway, then the "R"s will have a lot to explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies