Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,519,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
But the actions of his administration can cause prices to increase correct?

And can also lower the value of the US dollar right?

Not only the actions of his administrations, but the actions of Congress, the actions of Wall street and the actions of the Service provider. Where in any of the Presidents statements did he indicate that he would create an oversight committee to regulate the pricing of Goods and Services? Maybe I missed something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
That requires the mentality to process one level of indirection, one more than possible for the Obamabots to comprehend.
There is a difference between comprehending FACTS from the hazeness of childish fictions. Maybe you should refrain from playing with the imaginary Obamabots and provide links or the actual statement made by this administration that indicated they would create an oversight committee to regulate food prices for the poor.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:58 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,234,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
There is a difference between comprehending FACTS from the hazeness of childish fictions. Maybe you should refrain from playing with the imaginary Obamabots and provide links or the actual statement made by this administration that indicated they would create an oversight committee to regulate food prices for the poor.
How about the Fed's expanded powers. The Fed's original mission in 1913 was to implement price stability. Look at where they are today. That mission statement expanded due to legislative and executive branch cooperation, and more so with recent Wall St. regulation. Obama is Bernanke's butt buddy.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
How about the Fed's expanded powers. The Fed's original mission in 1913 was to implement price stability. Look at where they are today. That mission statement expanded due to legislative and executive branch cooperation, and more so with recent Wall St. regulation. Obama is Bernanke's butt buddy.

LMAO, are you serious? The 1913 Federal Reserve act was NOT created to focus on regulating food prices, the expansion of the fuction responsibilities still did not include regulating food prices. Good Lawd, back to the topic at hand. Where in any of the Presidents statements did he indicate that he would regulate

Old 01-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
LMAO, are you serious?
Yep, I am. Thanks for playing.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yep, I am. Thanks for playing.

Still can't answer the question I see. Instead you throw out BS and walk away. No thank you for playing.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Still can't answer the question I see. Instead you throw out BS and walk away. No thank you for playing.
No thank YOU for playing!

Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,801,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How childish. You think the President controls the price of food? How so?

If you're so concerned about feeding the poor, I'm sure you'll be fine with increasing food stamp programs, right?
Obama supported the FEDs QE2. Analysts correctly predicted once it started both the price of food and oil would go up. So yes I do blame the President. Just wait and see what kind of hyperinflation we get if/when there is QE3.

Because of food stamps I would argue it is only the middle class and not the poor who will suffer. Democrats try to lump the poor and middle class together in one large group. In reality everything Dems do help the poor (or make them more dependent) at the expense of the middle class.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Obama supported the FEDs QE2. Analysts correctly predicted if it was passed both the price of food and oil would go up. So yes I do blame the President.

Because of food stamps I would argue it is only the middle class and not the poor who will suffer. Democrats try to lump the poor and middle class together in one large group. In reality everything Dems do help the poor (or make them more dependent) at the expense of the middle class.
^ this.

Like I said before, Obama's support of QE2 requires the mind to see at least one level of indirection. His supporters lack the cognitive skills necessary to realize that connection.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,230,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Obama supported the FEDs QE2. Analysts correctly predicted if it was passed both the price of food and oil would go up. So yes I do blame the President.

Bernanke keeps pointing out we have no inflation.
Food and energy are not counted in the CPI figure.

It's going to hurt many people, even those on food stamps because even their food stamps will pay for less food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies