Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:13 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times

Advertisements

I guess our Obama appointed, Safe Schools Czar, homosexual, Kevin Jennings must be getting his wish come true, as outlined in the book for which he wrote a foreward, entitled, "Que*ring Elementary Education." The book talks about the need to create a Gender Neutral society, beginning with elementary education. The goal would be to do away with all distinctions between boys and girls; e.g., Teachers should stop asking students to line up in separate boy and girl lines. Boys should not be encouraged to think of themselves growing up to be Fathers and of course should not be encouraged to play with typically "boy toys." The book talks about the need to go beyond teaching children to understand and sympathize with homosexuals; but discusses a need to obliterate the lines of distinction between the sexes and sexual orientations. The author talks about the methods of using Art, Music, Literature, etc. to indirectly indoctrinate students with these ideas when the law forbids directly teaching them. I think we have seen this type of indoctrination and "manufactured consent" in the works for many years in much of the media. Doesn't make it right; but it does explain how all of this is coming into place.

I, personally don't care what Gays, etc. do in their private lives. I have sympathy for those few who are actually born gay. Must be tough. I could accept a Civil Union. Not being in the Military or personally knowing anyone who is, I don't have a strong opinion on that. But, when it comes to changing the very fabric of our lives with a goal of gender neutralizing everything, I have a big problem. Let the PassPort office offer a supplemental form for homosexuals, if deemed necessary, but forcing the huge majority of society to do away with what is and has been normal, cherished standards for a small segment of the population, whose cause is still very much debated is not right.

Please don't start with the hate/homophobic labels. I am not a hater. I have neighbors/friends, etc. who are gay and lovely people. I happen to have a different opinion on these social/political issues. I don't hate anyone.

'Mother,' 'Father' Changing to 'Parent One,' 'Parent Two' on Passport Applications - FoxNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
And?

What exactly is wrong with this?

Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
LMAO!!!! I think it is hysterical. It is like "Thing One" and " Thing Two". LMAO sorry. Serious topic but it just sounds so dumb. I understand what they are trying to do but they should just use something like Parent(s) for both sections.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:19 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I guess our Obama appointed, Safe Schools Czar, homosexual, Kevin Jennings must be getting his wish come true, as outlined in the book for which he wrote a foreward, entitled, "Que*ring Elementary Education." The book talks about the need to create a Gender Neutral society, beginning with elementary education. The goal would be to do away with all distinctions between boys and girls; e.g., Teachers should stop asking students to line up in separate boy and girl lines. Boys should not be encouraged to think of themselves growing up to be Fathers and of course should not be encouraged to play with typically "boy toys." The book talks about the need to go beyond teaching children to understand and sympathize with homosexuals; but discusses a need to obliterate the lines of distinction between the sexes and sexual orientations. The author talks about the methods of using Art, Music, Literature, etc. to indirectly indoctrinate students with these ideas when the law forbids directly teaching them. I think we have seen this type of indoctrination and "manufactured consent" in the works for many years in much of the media. Doesn't make it right; but it does explain how all of this is coming into place.

I, personally don't care what Gays, etc. do in their private lives. I have sympathy for those few who are actually born gay. Must be tough. I could accept a Civil Union. Not being in the Military or personally knowing anyone who is, I don't have a strong opinion on that. But, when it comes to changing the very fabric of our lives with a goal of gender neutralizing everything, I have a big problem. Let the PassPort office offer a supplemental form for homosexuals, if deemed necessary, but forcing the huge majority of society to do away with what is and has been normal, cherished standards for a small segment of the population, whose cause is still very much debated is not right.

Please don't start with the hate/homophobic labels. I am not a hater. I have neighbors/friends, etc. who are gay and lovely people. I happen to have a different opinion on these social/political issues. I don't hate anyone.

'Mother,' 'Father' Changing to 'Parent One,' 'Parent Two' on Passport Applications - FoxNews.com

and this form at the passport office is the very fabric of our lives

Old 01-07-2011, 04:21 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
And?

What exactly is wrong with this?
I do not want to become a "genderless society." I think there are differences between men and women and I like that. I love being a "Mom," and don't want to be relegated into being a "Parent." on a passport form or anywhere else. Like I said, let the passport office have on hand an alternate form for those few who need it. They do it for alternate languages; why not here. Don't force everyone to change to accommodate a very few.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:23 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I do not want to become a "genderless society." I think there are differences between men and women and I like that. I love being a "Mom," and don't want to be relegated into being a "Parent." on a passport form or anywhere else. Like I said, let the passport office have on hand an alternate form for those few who need it. They do it for alternate languages; why not here. Don't force everyone to change to accommodate a very few.
This isn't making a "genderless society".

This is making it so all parties can easily be included with no extra paperwork necessary.

Not exactly seeing the problem with that.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:24 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Why should anyone care about this? There's no indoctrination going on here, its just a bureaucratic institution recognizing that parents don't have to consist of man/woman combinations. Who in the world thinks a passport form is a "cherished standard"? The fact that you have to preemptively defend yourself by saying you have gay friends says a lot, because you clearly ARE homophobic.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:24 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
No matter how Fox spins this, it's not about homosexuals. It's simply a valid assessment that most children don't live with their biological mothers and fathers any more.

A good many live with at least one grand parent, more with a step-dad or step-mom and some with neither mother nor father, so this change is appropriate and nothing to worry about. Since Mother and Father are terms related to the sex of the person involved, while parent is simply a job description which can apply to anyone raising the child, what's wrong with changing the terminology on a government form?

Or, would you prefer the form be lengthened to include every possibility:

Father----------------
If not living with father, step dad-----------------
If no step dad, grandad-------------------
Other family member-----------------
Other (Please specifiy)--------------------

Old 01-07-2011, 04:25 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
They should just ask sire and dam.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
The Passport Office is recognizing reality. Why can't you? Whether you like it or not, same-sex couples with children exist in the world. It's stupid to deny that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies