Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:25 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times

Advertisements

Bill O'reilly is a moron...he's loud, and opinionated so I can see why people like him.. but being the loudest person in the room and the one controlling the conversation doesn't make you right or smart.
I'm sorry but religion makes the outlandish claim that there is a god, so they are in the position of proving that god exists with evidence to support their claim. Science doesn't have to prove that god doesn't exist to make religion wrong.
Science is a process to find truth with EVIDENCE...Not some sort of atheist counter religion or cult...
If there is evidence for god's existence science would be thrilled to see it...that is the truth...they're not out to destroy religion or undermine god.. they're out for evidence that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 12:28 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, because picturing Zeus sitting on his throne atop Mt. Olympus is so much simpler. Well, since it's the tides, I suppose that would be Neptune's department.
Beware the tides of March.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Apparently, Bill O’Reilly has never heard of the moon. In a debate Tuesday with Dave Silverman, head of the American Atheist group behind this, the Fox host tried to prove the existence of God by citing the unknowable mysteries of the tides. “I’ll tell you why [religion is] not a scam, in my opinion,” he told Silverman. “Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that. You can’t explain why the tide goes in.”
Bill O'Reilly on Science: You Can't Explain the Tides - O'Reilly flubs science in debate with man behind atheist billboards

Old 01-08-2011, 03:11 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
I got the point loud and clear. O'Reilly never heard of gravity.
Like I stated; another FOX News bashing thread, yawn.

The only thing i can surmise is that people can think of nothing that interests them, nothing positive, nothing of substance so they post stuff like this. . .

Old 01-08-2011, 04:07 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post

The only thing i can surmise is that people can think of nothing that interests them, nothing positive, nothing of substance so they post stuff like this. . .
It's not even a FOX News bashing thread. It's a Bill O'Reilly bashing thread! Get it straight.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:52 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:

Actually seems to be a political pundit bashing thread to me.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:05 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
I guess unlike nonreligous guys who don't use God for everything we can't explain yet?
We can't explain yet??? Tides???

Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I like bill O'reilly, but he's a very religious guy and like all very religious people he believes "God" is the explanation for everything we can't explain yet. Oh well, most of the time he's sensible.
Ya one of them god guys and sexual pervert....

Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:

And this:

I received this letter about Obama---

And this:

Obama's botched metaphor "we're digging ourselves out of a hole"

Old 01-08-2011, 06:58 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Here is my question. Do you believe we will ever be able to explain everything? Do you think we will ever be able to explain how something could have been created out of nothing? Because if we do, that would mean that we could potentially create more something out of nothing. And being that the universe is about 13 billion years old? And something has only been created out of nothing once ever, and not just a small amount of matter, but massive quantities of matter, an unbelievable amount of matter.

I personally don't believe humans will ever be able to answer such a question. Regardless of the scientific breakthroughs we come up with. I think the law of the conservation of mass will never be broken(as it has not been broken since before the big bang, and only once).

Secondly, if you understand how time dillation works. It seems practically impossible that humans will ever really leave Earth and go any distance. If they did, everything they knew would be gone, as time would seemingly fly by for everyone other than you, and the world you would return to would be nothing like the world you left.

There aren't going to be colonies on mars or anywhere else in our solar system. The planets have too little mass(or too much mass), and cannot support an atmosphere. Your body has adjusted to life on Earth. If you were to live on Mars, you would become too weak to ever return to Earth. And even if you could, radio signals can only travel at the speed of light, which means that transmissions to and from anywhere other than Earth would take minutes or hours to reach their destination, even in our solar system.

Look around you, this is all you will ever have. This one little insignificant planet. Make the best of it, and don't ruin it.
Ahem ... he wasn't trying to explain EVERYTHING ... BillO can't wrap that large head of his around the fact that the MOON CONTROLS THE TIDES. TIDES!! Not the kind you wash your clothes in, the TIDES ... that come in and out of large bodies of water.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies