Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 05:34 AM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

What the hell is wrong with you conspiracy nuts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
This is the most insane conspiracy theory of all time... and that is saying a lot. It is beyond me how one can get idiots to buy into a phenomena that has been observable since the earliest days of high altitude flight is just beyond me.

WWII Contrails » Contrail Science

Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This is the most insane conspiracy theory of all time... and that is saying a lot. It is beyond me how one can get idiots to buy into a phenomena that has been observable since the earliest days of high altitude flight is just beyond me.

WWII Contrails » Contrail Science

Lets just look at these facts... Do I think they use commercial airlines to spray no.
Are they trying to kill us all .. I don't think so
Are they doing weather experiments... probably but at what cost to our air and other health issues.

The government has admitted to the poisoning of our citizens and weather control.

Project MKULTRA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Code: Title 50,1520. Repealed. Pub. L. 105–85, div. A, title X, 1078(g), Nov. 18, 1997, 111 Stat. 1916, and Pub. L. 105–277, div. I, title VI, 601, Oct. 21, 1998, 112 Stat. 2681–886 | LII / Legal Information Institute

http://www.livescience.com/images/desert-rain-110104c-02.jpg (broken link)

Project Stormfury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just this small examples know we have not only this government others testing and putting STUFF into the air.
These are the just the small ones you know about!!!

So when someone says they might be putting chemicals in the sky ask yourself if that is insane or in fact a fact!

Old 01-10-2011, 12:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
The "chemtrail" theory supposes that there is a global conspiracy to spray chemical or particulate matter in the air for some unknown purpose, and that every persistent contrail is a "chemtrail." Cloud seeding and other small-scale experiments and weather modification projects are not at issue. Let's not get these things confused with the grand "chemtrail" conspiracy.

The chemtrail conspiracy is laughably stupid. Contrails, whether they're persistent or not, are contrails, not chemtrails. Environmental conditions and the properties of the jet exhaust and/or aircraft design are what determines whether or not a contrail forms and persists, not some shadowy conspiracy for which nobody can name the conspirators.

Theorists can't even agree on the reason for the alleged "spraying." Some claim it's weather modification - to slow anthropogenic global warming, despite the fact that more cloud cover actually increases surface temperatures. Others claim that large pharmaceutical companies are doing it, to make people sick and increase product sales. The granddaddy of all the supposed purposes for the spraying is a scheme to depopulate the planet, so some shadowy group won't have to share the planet's resources with so many people.

The latter two explanations for the "spraying" are often cited together by the same theorist. Not surprisingly, they don't even understand that the pharmaceutical companies make the most money from a person during the last several years of their life, as they're slowly dying from conditions related to their age, and by killing off the sick and infirm, they would actually stand to make much less than if those people lived to a ripe old age.

Logic, along with anything resembling the scientific method, are not generally found in the chemtrail theorist's toolbox.

In answer to the OP, have I seen that one? Not yet. I recently wasted an hour watching an interview with one of the theorists. In the interview, she put forth a large number of suppositions, but failed to prove a single one of them.

I was recently accused in a thread on this forum of being a paid chemtrail conspirator. According to that poster, the "only explanation" for my persistent (pardon the pun) and unrelenting opposition to the theory was that I am literally part of the conspiracy. These people simply can't accept that someone would disagree with them. Anybody that does disagree and won't give up in a debate is, in their mind, part of the conspiracy. That kind of paranoid and delusional thinking is dangerous, and indicative of mental and/or emotional instability.

The one thing that the chemtrail theorists can't produce is proof. They're great at taking pictures of the sky, and nobody can say that they don't have an active imagination, but when it comes to proving their claims, they fall very, very short.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

The one thing that the chemtrail theorists can't produce is proof. They're great at taking pictures of the sky, and nobody can say that they don't have an active imagination, but when it comes to proving their claims, they fall very, very short.
Nobody's saying that cameras have an active imagination.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

So when someone says they might be putting chemicals in the sky ask yourself if that is insane or in fact a fact!
What is insane is for anyone in 2010 to look at vapor trails that have been left behind by aircraft for more than 70 years is now suddenly the basis for one of the most idiotic conspiracy theories since Roswell.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
What is insane is for anyone in 2010 to look at vapor trails that have been left behind by aircraft for more than 70 years is now suddenly the basis for one of the most idiotic conspiracy theories since Roswell.
Maybe it's something in the air.

Last edited by ergohead; 01-10-2011 at 01:55 PM..

Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzroc View Post
And you ARE a scientist, or a meteorologist, are you?

And independently-verifiable facts have NO value, have they?

Do you FLY? (I mean, as a pilot)... No?
Just showing that the "Contrail Science" website is not the product of a scientist...the name is misleading at best.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Maybe it's something in the air.
Yeah, stupid gas.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah, stupid gas.
Thanks for aluminating my point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies