Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legislation to view an ultrasound before an abortion?
Yes, they need to see it and I hope it reduces the number of abortions 38 24.68%
No, I don't think it would make a difference in the number of abortions 7 4.55%
No, I don't want gov't interfering in this area or I support the right to choice 104 67.53%
Maybe/I don't care 5 3.25%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
OP, congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope it is healthy and uneventful (in a good way).

I have to wonder why those who do not support ultrasound prior to abortion think it interfers with the woman's choice. Are they afraid that the pregnant woman, having more information and seeing the life growing inside of her, will change her mind? And if she does change her mind then isn't that her more educated "choice"? It would seem the pro-abortionists favor ignorance.
If the female wanted an ultrasound...OK.

I do not like the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 09:01 AM

439 posts, read 1,256,302 times
Yes if I heard/saw the heart beat I probably wouldn't do it. BUT! I am pro-choice and would not take that choice away from someone else.

Debbie

Old 01-08-2011, 09:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I didn't vote because I am, like others, just starting to get sick of these poorly crafted and obviously biased abortion polls. But NO, the gubmint has absolutely NO business being in my uterus.
But, but..but how will government ever get bigger without interferring in women's lives???

Pathetic that women who are ignorant of what happens when they get pregnant ASSume other women are also that ignorant.

Pathetic that those anti-choice people dump so much hate on children when they're born..."No more government handouts, get government out of our lives, screw poor children I don't want MY money supporting them, no more handouts for the poor, Welfare is BIG government, no more big government, we want smaller government, .....let's FORCE women to have babies....".

Old 01-08-2011, 09:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
Yes if I heard/saw the heart beat I probably wouldn't do it. BUT! I am pro-choice and would not take that choice away from someone else.

Debbie
Agreed...I could not have done it either.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
we are not talking about the procedure of confirming a pregnancy. the ultrasound is medically unnecessary when it comes to an abortion.
You're just making way too much sense!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
No.

But I do think that abortion centers should give women the option.

These death tanks say that they want women to have the choice, but they hide reality from them.

Until abortionists perform these services for free, I will hold to my view that it is a business that profits on murder.

I also believe that the government should stay out of the issue on both sides. This includes funding for abortions.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:13 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
But, but..but how will government ever get bigger without interferring in women's lives???

Pathetic that women who are ignorant of what happens when they get pregnant ASSume other women are also that ignorant.

Pathetic that those anti-choice people dump so much hate on children when they're born..."No more government handouts, get government out of our lives, screw poor children I don't want MY money supporting them, no more handouts for the poor, Welfare is BIG government, no more big government, we want smaller government, .....let's FORCE women to have babies....".
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Who?Me?! again."

Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This whole issue came to mind yesterday, we just found out I am pregnant and I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks. The heart is already beating at 118 bpm and it is CLEARLY visible on the ultrasound screen. It was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.

I also want to point out that 6 weeks along is only two weeks after the missed period, and I practically had to force my way into the OB's office to be seen this early. Most girls who are pregnant would probably be AT LEAST at this stage of the game before they even figured out that they are pregnant, and thus, yes, the heart would be beating and would be clearly visible on the monitor.

After I saw our child's heart beating yesterday, I started to wonder how anybody could terminate a pregnancy after having seen that. Well, 80% of women considering an abortion don't terminate a pregnancy after seeing that. Therefore, I as a pro-lifer, I believe that this legislation would help in reducing the number of abortions.

What does everyone think? How would this legislation help or harm the women, the children and the medical community? If you saw your child's heart beating, would you still be able to have an abortion?
If seeing a beating heart scared the Moderator cut: language out of me - for whatever reason - yes, I could have an abortion.

Why do you keep insisting on imposing your reactions, emotions, opinion, beliefs on others??

Congratulations on your obviously WANTED pregnancy. Enjoy the next 9 months - they will be miraculous for YOU. Oh - and try to keep your hormones in check when posting on abortion threads. Thanks.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-08-2011 at 10:22 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 09:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

But I do think that abortion centers should give women the option.""""

"""These death tanks say that they want women to have the choice, but they hide reality from them.

Until abortionists perform these services for free, I will hold to my view that it is a business that profits on murder.

I also believe that the government should stay out of the issue on both sides. This includes funding for abortions.
So you agree the government should NOT force women to view their ultra sound...(in case they were too stupid to know what "pregnant" meant")

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-08-2011 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 01-08-2011, 09:30 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
No for numerous reasons. First requiring such an action is a blatant attempt to make it more difficult and costly for a woman to exercise her right to choose. Second though you claim there are health reasons for it, you restrict mandating the procedure to pregnant women seeking abortions instead of suggesting it be mandated for all pregnancies. This suggests that this is not about health, but rather curtailing what the supreme court has said is a constitutional right.

If a woman seeking an abortion wants an ultrasound it should be available, but ultrasounds should not be used as a tool by government to attempt to abridge a woman's right to choose.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 01-08-2011 at 09:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies