Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 AM

22,634 posts, read 14,860,711 times

Advertisements

This shocking and despicable act was indeed perpetrated by a raving lunatic and nutcase. A right-wing pro-Republican pot-smoking loser.

The election campaign by the Republicans against Congresswoman Giffords was despicable.

I am praying for her recovery.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,049,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Her GOP Opponent held a rally in which you got to take turns shooting at pictures of Gabby Giffords with HIM. The GOP poured millions into this thug to stir up hate. You should have seen the anti-semetic crap that was being spread abut her. They even went after her husband, the Astronaut.

Tom Sebourn Blog: Fundraiser Ad From Jesse Kelly Who Ran Against Giffords For Congress

This is beyond shock...it crosses revolting and muderous...disagreement is one thing...this is down right KLAN behavior...

Old 01-09-2011, 11:56 AM

2,303 posts, read 2,942,029 times
I still think it's somewhat premature to say the gunman was rightwing or leftwing. At the moment he looks like a very deranged man, a left/right hybrid. We need a lot more information to be released before we make judgments.

But I do think it is a pertinent and interesting question why the shooting happened in Arizona now. But that's another thread here.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,983,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Mention of possible ties to American Renaissance:

Latest on shooting of Congresswoman Giffords…motivation: anti Semitic and she was the target « Gretawire (http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/latest-on-shooting-of-congresswoman-giffords-motivation-anti-semitic-and-she-was-the-target/ - broken link)
The Stormfronters are freaking out.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:58 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,371,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
I think the issue of the shooter being a full-fledged whack-o, is pretty cut-n'-dry.
What isn't cut and dry, is how EASILY full-fledged whack jobs in this country can obtain easily concealable firearms?
Until THAT issue is resolved, expect to see more senseless killings in the future.

Steve
My point exactly, Steve. Thank you!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:58 AM

614 posts, read 1,369,108 times
Default Wounding of Rep. Giffords & murder of six others committed by left-wing nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
nah more likely a victim of anouther right-wing nut.
The murderer was a left-wing nut - one of his favorite books was Communist Manifesto.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:00 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,289,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
The murderer was a left-wing nut - one of his favorite books was Communist Manifesto.
But he also indicates that he feels that the government is to large and holding people back, both of which are right wing issues.

The guy was all over the place from what I've read of his writings.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:01 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,099,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly.

And what to do? Because most paranoid schizophrenics never harm anyone and it would be terrible to lock them all up - but what can be done?
Meds and therapy are good for a while then when they're not, they stop taking the meds because the voices tell them they're being poisoned and everyone else is crazy and they are the only sane ones. They won't get back on the meds until they hit rock bottom. It's a lifelong cycle and that's for someone who is loved and cared for. Not everyone can handle them so they turn them loose into society.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:02 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,371,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
A machine gun? He used a single semi-automatically hand gun with a high capacity magazine. Hell I have a concealed carry permit and regularly carry the same general type of weapon with a 16 round capacity.
My apologies...I confused the suspect with her GOP opponent who held a fundraiser at a shooting range. So many right-wing gun nuts & so little time.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,784,961 times
Here's what the dems have in mind;

Quote:
One veteran Democratic operative, who blames overheated rhetoric for the shooting, said President Barack Obama should carefully but forcefully do what his predecessor did.

“They need to deftly pin this on the tea partiers,” said the Democrat.
Even though the guy is a leftist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies