Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 04:24 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I get it, you're kidding right?
No, not kidding. That's low even for FOX. I am certainly no FOX fan, well I do like their comedic reports, but this is news. On the rare occasion that they do report it, they generally treat it with some dignity.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Is everyone deflecting from this so far?
amazing isn't it.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I'm not saying specifically Sarah Palin.............I'm including her contributions with a large number of people who are very loud and vocal in terms of violent language and imagery........yet she does share some of the responsibility (as do THEY) because she's made those kinds of statements in many public venues. Even though the man hasn't so far said anything about Palin, that doesn't mean that he didn't "hear" her as part of the many voices who seem to encourage violent language and actions to get attention. The man could have just believed that his derranged thinking had been validated by many of the voices he hear talking in the political arena.

When you have some evidence that this individual even knows who Palin is, get back to us.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:26 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Are you talking about those carrying sign depicting presidents as Hitler, or sign with images of a president being strung up in a noose, or signs with imagery of a target on a president?

Or maybe imagery of bullseyes and "target lists", like this;

http://hillbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/screen-shot-2011-01-08-at-3-05-33-pm.png?w=510&h=384 (broken link)
http://hillbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/demmap.jpg?w=397&h=355 (broken link)
http://hillbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/screen-shot-2011-01-08-at-9-37-39-pm1.png?w=510&h=383 (broken link)
Hey...didn't you know that you cannot use targets, only cross-hairs.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:26 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times

Old 01-09-2011, 04:27 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,445,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why subject anyone (yes even Palin) to a smear. There is no evidence this guy even knows who Palin is. Yes, yes we all know that doesn't stop the radical left from trying, but there is no reason for the rest of us to get sucked in.
On the other hand ... If a Detroit Muslim put a map on the web w/crosshairs on 20 politicians (with the header: We've diagnosed the problem ... help us prescribe the solution), then one of them got shot, where would he be sitting right now?

Old 01-09-2011, 04:28 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Default Yep ...It's fer dang shur dat ole "Tea Party" bunch ah breakin bad ahgin !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
As much as you all want to blame the Tea Party.....no dice

Dems, Media Blame Tea Party, Palin for Shooting; Shooter Linked to Leftwing Politics
Rick Roma !!! ... Exactly !

Indeed ... This is simply one more unbelievable example of how excessively fearful the DINO Libs are of the Taxed Enough Already Organization and of course that "Lil' Ole Foxey Lady" Palin !!!

It is truly pathetic that these worrisome folks will not recognize the facts in any friggin issue ... political or otherwise !

Isn't it pitiful that a select few of the looney lib blokes have such one track minds as the ones we are hearing from regarding this thread !

Please y'all ... act like you got some "smarts" for once in your lives !

Thanks Y'ALL & have a wonderful Sunday / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 01-09-2011, 04:29 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Its now up to you to provide evidence that the shooter was inspired or encouraged by Palin's words.
I'm offering my OPINON. IMO, common sense tells me that the very loud voices out there in radio, TV, and the Internet contributed to the synergistic effect demonstrated by the actions of this mentally disturbed person.

Now, it's up to you to prove that Palin contributed in no way to such synergy, or you can simply say that it's your OPINON that Palin shares no responsibility.

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
On the other hand ... If a Detroit Muslim put a map on the web w/crosshairs on 20 politicians (with the header: We've diagnosed the problem ... help us prescribe the solution), then one of them got shot, where would he be sitting right now?
That might depend upon what else he or she had advocated.

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I'm not saying specifically Sarah Palin.............I'm including her contributions with a large number of people who are very loud and vocal in terms of violent language and imagery........yet she does share some of the responsibility (as do THEY) because she's made those kinds of statements in many public venues. Even though the man hasn't so far said anything about Palin, that doesn't mean that he didn't "hear" her as part of the many voices who seem to encourage violent language and actions to get attention. The man could have just believed that his derranged thinking had been validated by many of the voices he hear talking in the political arena.
So basically you're saying that it's Sarah Palin even if the shooter never thought of her, quoted her, or even followed her based upon this limited evidence we have seen thus far. Enough. All we know thus far is that this young man was quite disturbed. To reach this level of mental illness, he hardly needed a Sarah Palin. The disturbed mind finds twisted meaning in the innocent and doesn't need a legitimate reason. We've seen this in history in people such as John Hinckley, the Ft Hood shooter, Joseph Stack (flew plane into IRS building), etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies