Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If there is a legal search warrant, they are dumb to try to resist.
It will not benefit them.
I'm sure some attorney has offered to represent them; they should take legal advice.
Looks like that was not the case.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:14 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well the link reads a lot different that the OP. Most likely the family built the barricade to keep the press out, not the FBI since the FBI did gain entrance to the home.
precisely.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Wonderful examples from two right wing rags.

Many people consider the use of the phrase "Good God" profanity.

There is no evidence that he stalked her. There is evidence he attended a prior rally/meeting for her.
Let me guess the democrat representatives are right wing rags also?

Its amazing how left wing anything is acceptable but now all of a sudden we are to believe that a " right wing" rag is saying they themselves are the cause of this. Yeah ok and I own the Empire State building.

You are part of the problem yourself with this " right wing" garbage

Old 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Reading these comments shows why vigilente 'justice' should never be tolerated.

None of us know anything about the family, nor do we know if Loughnor is an undiagnosed schizophrenic. From what's been reported in the news about him it sounds highly probable that he's schizophrenic.

I just wish people would place themselves in the other persons shoes. Maybe his family is 'nuts', maybe they are distraught and trying to cope with the tragedy; embarrassment; lawyers; media; and who knows what else.
I'm unable to rep you, but I agree with your assessment.

Schizophrenia - MayoClinic.com

Old 01-10-2011, 02:24 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
According to the link that I actually took the time to read before commenting, The FBI did in fact gain entry after talking to the family.
Apparently at least one reporter had managed to get into their yard earlier in the day.

In less than 2 pages it went from an initial post with no link to a heavily armed family ready for a Waco-esque siege in violation of a Federal warrant. I don't see any mention of a warrant in the article so they may have simply been trying to get in to interview. Exactly where did this other stuff come from? Beside myself it looks like only a couple of posters actually took twenty seconds to read the entire 7 sentences in the article before constructing an elaborate plot from thin air.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
To keep the media out, people.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:09 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
This paragraph speaks volumes.

Quote:
"You try to say something, they'd just ignore you and turn around and walk back into the house," said Ron Johnson, 60, a retiree who lives directly opposite the Loughner's tan, one-storey home. "The kid - I never talked to him. He acted just like his parents and ignored you."
44 - Neighbors: Jared Loughner and family quiet, kept to themselves

Old 01-10-2011, 03:14 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
I remember when all this went down. People showing up to political rallies with guns. It is so bizarre to me. Surreal. I honestly don't believe Sarah has the understanding of what has happened to grasp, reflect, or even begin to get her pea brain around the fact that even though the sick individual who commited this heinous crime may not have been influenced by Sarah's dangerous rhetoric, she is guilty of leaving that map up even though she knew it was disturbing to Congresswoman Giffords.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,436 times
Interesting...CNN reporter, Casey Wian, just misinterpreted the nine year old's father saying, he's angry at the society that has allowed this to happen. I heard the father several times on other stations and he has said, these are the rare things that happen when you choose to live in a free society. It's the price you have to pay...Two very different things...

Last edited by amcjap; 01-10-2011 at 04:26 PM..

Old 01-10-2011, 03:23 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Everyone knows this guy was absolutely crazy.

Quote:
From June 14:
"We have a mentally unstable person in the class that scares the living crap out of me. He is one of those whose picture you see on the news, after he has come into class with an automatic weapon. Everyone interviewed would say, Yeah, he was in my math class and he was really weird. I sit by the door with my purse handy. If you see it on the news one night, know that I got out fast..."
44 - Jared Loughner's behavior recorded by college classmate in e-mails
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies