Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 05:43 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,195,118 times

Advertisements

Check out this news story from my home state.

Read this and tell me if you think political hate and associating crosshairs and hate propaganda is a 'cute' way to get voters by the conservatives.

E-mail to lawmakers investigated - Omaha.com

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Yes, the Small Schools Workshop indoctrinates our children by advocating for smaller schools which focus on the individual needs of students. There's nothing I hate more than education reform programs which try to facilitate improved student achievement, particularly in at-risk communities. Sure, I haven't seen any aspects of the MVHS curriculum which would lead me to believe that the teachers there had leftist leanings, but I know deep in my heart that all of the students there were subjected to daily quizzes on Maoism and taught that violent revolution was the only way to properly transform society.

All of this leftist propaganda in our schools has culminated in the creation of a sociopath who revealed his love of Leftism by shooting a Democrat in a state dominated by Republicans.

I see nothing faulty in my logic. I take WorldNetDaily seriously.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Leave it to a Conservative to stoop to ever lower levels of decency and twist this situation beyond the logic to TRY to make a point.
Remember a Conservative will do ANYTHING to advance or expand their agenda, ANYTHING.
Is this post a joke? Oh the hypocracy as I choke on my tea. .

Did you not check out all the other threads by the far left blaming everyone from Sarah Palin to former pres Bush? lol.

I'll say it again; Oh the hypocracy. . . .

Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I wonder if Ayer's anti-government teachings affected this mentally twisted and sick person.

Bill Ayers, communist provided Arizona shooter's curriculum?

Almost laughable.
Since the classes are run by folks in Arizona and most of the books in schools these days are picked by the folks in Texas, no blame for them, or just not as titillating of a story with out a touch of fear in it (the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming)?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Almost laughable.
Since the classes are run by folks in Arizona and most of the books in schools these days are picked by the folks in Texas, no blame for them, or just not as titillating of a story?
I wonder who Glenn Beck would like to choke this week (as he eloquently states on radio)? Did he ever follow through with his murderous passions of a democrat-leaning journalist?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
Maybe the lefties should post sites with crosshairs over the location of every important conservative in the US. Afterall, it's free speech and we cannot be held responsible for the acts of the crazy people.
The Democrats already did that with targets styled like shooting targets. FAIL!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Palin isn't a democrat.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:58 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
Maybe the lefties should post sites with crosshairs over the location of every important conservative in the US. Afterall, it's free speech and we cannot be held responsible for the acts of the crazy people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
As I've posted before (and will keep posting till some of the blockheads here on both sides get it), targeting is a common term in Marketing, Advertising and Political Campaigns. You target a audience, you have a targeted campaign, or you target a area of opportunity. And you do maps to show the areas you are targeting. Bullseyes, stick figures or little boxes, it is not a call to arms or attack.

But it is statements with the maps like "don't retreat, re-load" (or anything similar, from anybody) that should be a bit upsetting to all Americans. That steps way outside of the marketing campaigning or advertising setting.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Most mentally ill people do nothing more than yell a bit and drool on themselves. They cannot hold down jobs, drink responsibly, or manage rent, mortgages, finances, and the like.
Wow. This is an incredibly ignorant statement.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,442 times
I'm disgusted to see the bickering between the two parties over this incident already. They're like a bunch of children who've learned nothing from this.

Hope Giffords recognizes there's people actually concerned about her condition and not about who's responsible for what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies