Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,814 times

Advertisements

Why would a liberal want to shoot a Female Democrat?... Extreme Conservative righties are just trying to detach themselves from the current issue... After all the extreme rhetoric we've heard?... Nice try...

Here are some quotes:

''I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.''

—Sarah Palin

''Nuclear weaponry, of course, would be the be-all, end-all of just too many people in too many parts of our planet.''

—Sarah Palin, CBS interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 25, 2008

''Dr. Laura: Don't retreat... Reload! ...

- Sarah Palin

"And we’re seeing the fulfillment of the Book of Judges here in our own time, where every man doing that which is right in his own eyes—in other words, anarchy.”

- Michelle Bachmann

"Democrats need to fear losing their seat."

- Michelle Bachmann

''This cannot pass. What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass. We will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn't pass.''

—Rep. Michele Bachmann, on health care reform, Aug. 2009

''I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country.''

—Rep. Michele Bachmann, March 2009

''I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?''

—Rep. Michelle Bachmann, calling for a new McCarthyism, Oct. 2008

''Not all cultures are equal.''

—Michele Bachmann, Nov. 2005

Old 01-11-2011, 03:10 PM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Where would this forum be without such contrived nonsense?

Old 01-11-2011, 03:12 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
"Democrats need to fear losing their seat."

- Michelle Bachmann

GOD FORBID!!!!She is calling for Dems to have their butts removed!!!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:12 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,611 times
Your thread topic is inflammatory, dishonest and disgusting.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
wasn't this posted earlier today? Really??? Palin and Bauchman pulled tge trigger? They told the gunman to kill? People get a freaking grip.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
The left sees the people are not buying their LIES so they can strip us of more rights and are getting more and more desperate. This is just an example of the degeneracy of liberalism.

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Blamed for what?

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
This is very true,it took us a long time to realise the changes that were happening in my MIL.....hopefully it isn't too late.
I'm sorry there's something wrong with your MIL. As she changed, did your family also fall into the pitfall of habitual excusing? That is something that typically happens when young adults become schizophrenic. At first the problems are minor, and people make excuses. "He's a teenager, they're so moody." "It's the people he's hanging out with now, they're so different from his old friends." "He's trying to find himself, experimentation is natural." As the problems pick up in pace, the habit to excuse is already established. It's a coping mechanism. But it gets in the way of people who need help getting that help. Which is why, so often, the law gets involved. It seems in this case, the law was getting involved, but the college buffered those incidents. Campus police often try to resolve issues without bringing in outside authority, because we don't want young people to get records that can haunt them the rest of their lives. And that's not a bad thing, but at the point when this young man had five run-in's with the campus police, there was a need to balance what was happening. He wasn't a high-spirited kid pulling pranks, he was a troubled kid who needed help. The fact that the college would not permit him readmission without a mental health evaluation says that the college already realized this young man needed help.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
This article has some very good information about the situation vs a vs Loughner and Pima CC.

Why was it so hard to kick Loughner out of Pima Community College? - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine

I can only quote three sentences, and this article is chock-full of facts, so here's a teaser:

There is an alternative path, "immediate suspension," but for that you either have to demonstrate that the student represents "an unreasonable risk of danger to himself/herself or others," or that the student's "presence on College property poses a significant risk of disruption of educational activities," which sounds more global than persistently interrupting one class at a time. The "risk of danger to himself/herself or others" standard is the one that counts here, and while in hindsight it's clear that Loughner posed such a risk, it would have been difficult to demonstrate that at the time. To do so, Loughner would have to have committed an act of violence or threatened to do so.

Apparently, he did not commit or threaten to commit acts of violence.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:21 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Why would a liberal want to shoot a Female Democrat?... Extreme Conservative righties are just trying to detach themselves from the current issue... After all the extreme rhetoric we've heard?... Nice try...
Might want to look in your own camp first

For the chief local law enforcement officer to be politicizing a killing within the first 24 hours, and to be suggesting the likely defense available to the murderer is truly incredible.

http://hennessysview.com/2011/01/10/...s-culpability/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies