Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 11:08 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
There is a lot of anger and unrest in the country because the American people have been sold out and our government will not or cannot do anything about the problems that we are encountering and we don't have a leader. That makes people angry and frustrated and I fear it will get worse.
Unfortunately, you're probably right about that, though I hope not.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:09 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Well, two things. One, I am leaving this discussion because I don't handle frustration very well.....my bad. Two, I put several obviously trolling posters on ignore. I feel better. God is good.

My prayers go out to all of these families and especially to the family of the murdered child. I know the heartache of losing a child and I pray they can make peace with this horrible tragedy. To Mrs. Gifford, I hope your recovery is swift and complete. I would hate to lose you in the government.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No it does not matter if he is right or left. What matters is why he did it NOT which side of the fence he sits on. He is insane whether he is an insane lefty or an insane righty makes no difference. What is even worse we still have no clue why he did it. He could have freakin had a crush on her for all we know but everyone "thinks" they know. Ridiculous.
Has anyone found any updated news about the SECOND PERSON police think was involved in this incident??? If there was a second person, and law enforcement stated in the press conference that they do not think the shooter acted alone, then do we have two people who are insane working together?

"One suspect was in custody immediately after the shooting, and investigators were "actively in pursuit" of a second man whom they believed may be involved in the attempted assassination, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said Saturday night"

Police 'actively pursuing' second person in Tucson shooting - CNN.com

Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I think the gunman was psychotic, and he pick her because he had met her before. He had a lot of the typical tin-foil theories that a truly mentally ill person has. I doubt it had anything to do with the vitriol, because he was more concerned with the government using mind control on us.
Psychotic, for sure... but if this were just a random act of violence, I highly doubt he would have targeted a political event. What that says about his specific political beliefs, I have no idea - but it probably says something, twisted or not.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
If he was politically motivated he would have left more ramblings or a more clearly defined list of what he was discontent with. The guy had a falling down, and as much as people here want this to be political, the reality is a mentally unstable man who has apparently failed repeatedly throughout his life and finally snapped. For all we know, he simply rode around looking for a crowd to open fire on.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
If he was politically motivated he would have left more ramblings or a more clearly defined list of what he was discontent with. The guy had a falling down, and as much as people here want this to be political, the reality is a mentally unstable man who has apparently failed repeatedly throughout his life and finally snapped. For all we know, he simply rode around looking for a crowd to open fire on.
I highly doubt that.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You're only hurting yourself with this type of rant. Only hyper partisans believe this guy was anything but a nut. It seems that the left is intent on trying to paint this guy as right wing when there is no evidence to support it.
The mud is slinging in both directions right now, so don't fool yourself... it's all BS.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:13 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Has anyone found any updated news about the SECOND PERSON police think was involved in this incident??? If there was a second person, and law enforcement stated in the press conference that they do not think the shooter acted alone, then do we have two people who are insane working together?

"One suspect was in custody immediately after the shooting, and investigators were "actively in pursuit" of a second man whom they believed may be involved in the attempted assassination, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said Saturday night"

This is the problem when people assume BEFORE the facts are out. We have no clue why or even for sure every detail of what. But that does not stop people from unleashing their obvious hate. Perhaps we all need to look at ourselves and the things we are posting and see that from the looks of it many have the potential to be this killer.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:14 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Psychotic, for sure... but if this were just a random act of violence, I highly doubt he would have targeted a political event. What that says about his specific political beliefs, I have no idea - but it probably says something, twisted or not.
John Hinckley tried to assassinate Reagan because he thought Jodie Foster wanted it so not always about a political leaning. In this case, he was insane. I suspect Jared Loughner has many of the same markers of insanity or at the very least, very, very disturbed.

John Hinckley, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us...s.html?_r=1&hp

Quote:
But at a Saturday evening news conference, investigators said they were looking for a possible accomplice, believed to be in his 50s, who may have assisted in the attack.
I don't buy it, just doesn't ring true with this insane guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies