Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Acting like this was some random guy who just randomly decided to open fire at a Safeway is not logical.

Distrust of government + pro constitutional rants online + reading the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf + making an online video saying farewell to the Republic.... I think it's safe to say that it was political.

Your entitled to your opinion but psycho ramblings do not make it political. No more than Chapman made Lennon's murder literary.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Your entitled to your opinion but psycho ramblings do not make it political.
So it is your opinion that the fact that it happened at a political rally, that she was a congress woman, and he was a judge was coincidence?

Old 01-08-2011, 10:15 PM

10 posts, read 8,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
What does it say about what's happened to this world when the first thing I asked myself when I heard about the shooting was "Was it a Moslem, or was it a Christian?"
Anyone can be a nutjob, but I wonder if some politicians from all parties should watch their language and perhaps graphics

Old 01-08-2011, 10:16 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So it is your opinion that the fact that it happened at a political rally, that she was a congress woman, and he was a judge was coincidence?
In the case of the Judge,yes it was.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:16 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
Placing the crosshairs of a gun's scope (is that what it is? a scope?) on a map WITH the names of those targeted attached to the crosshairs is in very poor taste. It sends a furtive message and Sarah Palin knows that. Did she want anyone killed? Highly doubtful, but she apparently has zero class. If it's no big deal then why did that map come off of her website immediately after news broke of this massacre?

She didn't pull the trigger and I doubt she will be blamed. It wouldn't surprise me if the perpetrator turns out to be an undiagnosed schizophrenic. Of course, that's highly speculative on my part, but the age is right, and from what I've seen and heard he was way out there. As for Sarah Palin, if she wasn't such chicken poop she would have left her 'harmless' map of the crosshairs with names attached up on her site.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

I think the shooter was a psycho and he could have chosen any target. It happens that his delusions were of a political nature. He didn't have any coherent political position. The judge was a conservative appointed by Bush, she is a blue dog Dem. His favorite books included Mein Kompf and Communist Manifesto. Not exactly an organized mind.

1,329 posts, read 3,544,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazmine1948 View Post
I don't think you understood or even read my question. Let's try again:

will today's event affect the tea party movement and Sarah Palins campaign? Opponents of the tea party movement Have always described tea parties as extremists and most likely they will use this incident in the future against the movement. My concern is with the map. Will this hunt her forever
It's a legit post. The Kennedy brothers were killed by leftists, but the charge that conservatives caused their deaths - by creating an atmosphere of right-wing hysteria - resonates with the media. Whether it will lead to the desired electoral outcomes is a separate question. Nixon did get elected in 1968.

139 posts, read 260,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazmine1948 View Post
My concern is with the map. Will this hunt her forever
I think the only folks the map is going to "hunt" are partisan hacks who don't know the difference between a topographic symbol and a cross hair.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Placing the crosshairs of a gun's scope (is that what it is? a scope?) on a map WITH the names of those targeted attached to the crosshairs is in very poor taste. It sends a furtive message and Sarah Palin knows that. Did she want anyone killed? Highly doubtful, but she apparently has zero class. If it's no big deal then why did that map come off of her website immediately after news broke of this massacre?

She didn't pull the trigger and I doubt she will be blamed. It wouldn't surprise me if the perpetrator turns out to be an undiagnosed schizophrenic. Of course, that's highly speculative on my part, but the age is right, and from what I've seen and heard he was way out there. As for Sarah Palin, if she wasn't such chicken poop she would have left her 'harmless' map of the crosshairs with names attached up on her site.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:26 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I think the shooter was a psycho and he could have chosen any target. It happens that his delusions were of a political nature. He didn't have any coherent political position. The judge was a conservative appointed by Bush, she is a blue dog Dem. His favorite books included Mein Kompf and Communist Manifesto. Not exactly an organized mind.
I'll take your psychoanalysis with a shaker full of salt since, I'm assuming, you never heard of him until today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies