Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are we going to lose the right to own a gun?
Yes 21 10.00%
No 189 90.00%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:16 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
OMG I just stumbled on this thread. You all sound like your straight out of Deliverance with your gun talk. I guess you all are what make up that vast wasteland between LA and New York that I never cared to venture into. You all keep waiting for your next American Revolution nkay?
Please stay where you are....

Old 01-09-2011, 05:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Giffords a Democrate? I am not sure but it looks that way. Cowards usually shoot the democrates anyway, Cowards always shoot the totally helpless. This guy was a reject in anyones world it's a simple no brainer.

No doubt the liberals will release him in a little while, poor kid was just out of his mind.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:20 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
After yesterday's tragedy one of the first things that came to mind after listening to the news and thinking of what solution they may come up with in order to prevent this from happening again I thought we may lose the right to own a gun. Why? Because this is huge and when every political leader is recieving a threat it's highly likely this will happen. What's your opinion and thoughts on this solution. Personally, I believe that there is a root problem that causes all these other problems but the cure may not be an option for our nation (has everything to do with kicking God out of our nation and the majority has lost all morals). But that's a whole nother discussion and this isn't the proper place in the forum to discuss it. But what do you think? Are we going to lose the right to own a gun?

When they regulate and restrict cars that kill, they will be able to regulate and restrict guns.

Or just as life was in The Giver government took away everything that could cause harm to protect us from ourselves--but who then protects us from them?

Old 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM

zthatz, LOL yeah ban toliets and other hard bath room objects. Ban soap too since it makes people fall. Make it all soft and padded because man can't handle anything hard, heavy or sharp.

Of course all cooking implements should be banned for hot, and or are tools, you can kill people with. I have this overwhelming urge to can opener someone to death

Old 01-09-2011, 05:28 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,160 times
I'm one of those who is definitely NOT a 'gun freak'.. I just believe in the right for people to be able to defend their lives and the lives of their families, if they choose to be able to do so. What's wrong with that?

Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
When they regulate and restrict cars that kill, they will be able to regulate and restrict guns.

Or just as life was in The Giver government took away everything that could cause harm to protect us from ourselves--but who then protects us from them?
Exactly, this is all leading up to the finalization of the "New World Order". Take a look at the back of a one dollar bill. It says "Announcing the Birth of a New World Order" in Latin. This is all part of a bigger picture I think. So when they want to put a chip in your hand your not going to be able to harm them. This will happen soon. They tested this in New Orleans after Katrina when they went house to house collecting everyones guns. There were many people who thought, "from my cold dead hands", but when it came down to it they turned em over with no resistance.

I wouldn't say that it's going to be that easy this time though when they try to do this nationally. I would guess and say it's going to take the United Nations to help out and our military is going to have to make some tough choices. I would predict that Texas is going to recede from the union and all the military bases here are going to be Texan. There are lots of Military bases here. But, after all this is over there is going to be a New World Order and one military uniform for all. It's going to happen though I believe.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:32 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,567 times
At first there will be resistance and utter chaos, and that's what's going to cause the UN to step in and help out. Why do you think we keep getting money from other countries? It may be because we are being used as thier war machine. Don't take my word for it though, this is just a hunch. Why else would the back of the one dollar bill have "Announcing the Birth of a New World Order" on it, and it's been there for a loooong time.

WHAT THE HECK ARE WE DOING "ANNOUNCING THE BIRTH OF A NEW WORLD ORDER"!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:36 PM

O Duck is that where all this is going? That could be scarey, but with no storm to drive out everyone across the nation at one time it's unlikely.

There is still far to many fit people who are armed to tollerate that BS.

That dammmned dollar is worth about 1 cents worth of silver and the people are going to be a little more upset when that idea gets figured out than they will about guns, or one world order. but even that can be used by you if you get creative.

Whats better than a dollar worth nothing to motivate One World Order? How else will you buy sell and trade? last week i did some figuring on the price is a real silver dollar which is worth 25 of these joke play money dollars. Once you break it down it makes a play money dollar worth exactly 1 cents worth of silver.

Sorry to be OT, but I didn't know where you were going til now.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:39 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
This will definitely come up in political views in the media. I'm just curious to see what President Obama says.
LOL, actually Obama was one of the people who brought suit against Washington D.C. that got their handgun ban overturned. He is not anti-firearm no matter how much some reactionary groups wish to paint him so. They can't use the race card because that would show them as bigots, so they are grasping at all sorts of imaginary straws.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:50 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,622 times
Hitler * Stalin * Mao

The experts agree: Gun control works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies