Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are we going to lose the right to own a gun?
Yes 21 10.00%
No 189 90.00%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times

Advertisements

Never happen. Banning solves nothing. It only opens up law abiding citizen to the mercy of the criminals which WILL get guns no matter what the law is. People would never stand for that.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 AM

499 posts, read 405,137 times
As a non-American, I find the laxity of the state of Arizona's gun laws insane.

My initial reaction was shock when I first read about them yesterday. I'm not necessarily anti-gun, but there should be regulations in place, I feel.

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
The majority of Americans actually wants to get rid of guns. Nobody likes to live in constant fear. It's just powerful interest groups and lobbyists that want to maintain the status quo...
You want fear?????

Come try to take our guns.....

I would hope you remain in Denmark.

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Remember after hurricane Katrina? Marshall law. Something like this really happened and when it came down to it the public did nothing but turn em over. That's New Orleans though and it was a different situation. If the president ever made a decision like this our troops are going to have to make a very difficult decision. But the reality is something like this has allready happened. I can only hope that there would be more of our troops who'd oppose it. It would take the United Nations to make this happen along with China, and it wouldn't be pretty.

I'm so glad I'm in Texas right now.
Not really the guard might be called in but no other Mil rep as it is against the CONS. The pres would be skunked, and start a revolution.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Again, how do you explain what happened in New Orleans people? There was marshall law and all guns were taken away. Everyone who claimed they'd never give em up, did. I know it was a different situation but the reality is this has happened and there was no resistance. This is the example that will make them comfortable with a decision like that.
So you think that the President might declare Martial Law for the entire country, and then out the troops to take away our guns?

Martial Law was not declared in New Orleans, by the way. A "State of Emergency" was.

I don't think that anyone was going door to door taking guns...

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Without the freedom to speak out against government gun control, their would be no guns either.

The compliment each other quite well.
I agree, but wrongly some how took you for a gun grabber. I seem to be corrected.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
The majority of Americans actually wants to get rid of guns. Nobody likes to live in constant fear. It's just powerful interest groups and lobbyists that want to maintain the status quo...
I can't wait to see you link to the proof of this statement. Go ahead, try.

Seeing as how you are not American, I think Americans know best about what Americans want, which is to keep and bare arms.

Show me the proof otherwise.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:51 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,111 times
Sobering reality. It would happen before we have a chance to even think about it.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
So you think that the Presdient might declare Martial Law for the entire country, and then out the troops to take away our guns?

Martial Law was not declared in New Orleans, by the way. A "State of Emergency" was.

I don't think that anyone was going door to door taking guns...
Yes, they went door to door taking guns! Fact. I'll find a link. It was on the news and I saw it with my own eyes.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
As a non-American, I find the laxity of the state of Arizona's gun laws insane.

My initial reaction was shock when I first read about them yesterday. I'm not necessarily anti-gun, but there should be regulations in place, I feel.

I rode my motorcycle across the USA both ways with my wife on back. I got lost in Az and the first guy I saw in open carry was the guy I asked for directions. I knew he was a honest law abiding man just by the fact I could see he had a gun. Currently my son is in the NH Guard and is in Iraq, and somehow how if he were called back here I don't see him coming to my house and removing any guns for the president, or anyone else for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies