Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 11:08 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So those who join the Jewish faith are not really Jewish? I know one is national and one is the religious faith. But those who join cannot call themselves Jewish?
They can call themselves whatever they want, but in the eyes of most Jews they are a "convert" - and to an Orthodox or Hasidic they barely even qualify as that. These are not MY opinions, btw, just the laws of Jewish heritage according to the Torah. Plus you can't simply "join" the faith, you have to go through the process of conversion with a synagogue/Rabbi.

P.S. It also isn't considered a national identity, as that would be Israeli - I think you meant cultural.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:19 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
If the WBC's future was in my hands they wouldn't have one. Honestly.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
they're disgusting

Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 AM

13 posts, read 25,750 times
Default Westboro Baptist Church to Protest Shooting Victims Funeral

The same people famous for "God Hates ****" will be protesting at the funeral in Tucson next week.

Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Funeral of 9-Yr-Old Girl Murdered in Tucson - Raleigh Conservative | Examiner.com

Quote:
Westboro Baptist Church says that God sent the shooter to Tucson, Arizona to kill and maim as many people as possible. And the followers of WBC plans on protesting at the funeral of 9 year-old murder victim Christina-Taylor Green.
Since when does God send people to kill little girls?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:34 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
There is a thing called Karma... fred needs to consider what it is he is sowing..... it will return to him 10 fold.

I have been face to face with fred on several occasions. He is the most hateful thing I have ever seen.

It would be funny to see his funeral picketed... bet those inbreed relatives wouldn't be as pro freedom of speech...

Old 01-10-2011, 07:41 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
The most troubling thing is that media is giving them the attention they crave. If the media would ingore then, maybe just maybe they would go away.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:41 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Is it about time this hate group lost its right to free speech?

Are they right? Are we, as a Christian nation, failing to serve God's will?

From their press releases:

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110...g-the-Dots.pdf

"God sent the shooter to shoot you! And He’s sitting in Heaven laughing at you! Your federal judge is dead and your (f*g-promoting, baby-killing, proud-sinner) Congresswoman fights for her life. God is avenging Himself on this rebellious house! WBC prays for your destruction—more shooters, more dead carcasses piling up, young, old, leader and commoner—all. Your doom is upon you! Praise His Name! THANK GOD FOR HIS RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS!"

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110...Dots-Day-2.pdf

"The 9-year-old girl was born 9/11/01. That child was not innocent. This is a nation of depraved perverts who pass their children through the fire of their rage against God & all-consuming lust. From the womb, she was taught to hate God & mock His servants. That child is better off dead, so the cup of her iniquity will not overflow! The blood of the 9-year-old is on Rep. Giffords’ hands!"
They are a bunch of inbreeds that are neither Christian, nor Baptist. Honestly...most Christians tend to believe them to be way outside of Christianity.

I don't know how you can legally deprive them of free speech though, while many others hide behind it for motives that are no better.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Where is the WBC located?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Nobody deserves to lose the right to free speech. It is, after all, one of the primary beliefs in which are country was founded. In my opinion, they are hateful, cowardly, and terrible human beings. That doesn't mean that they don't get to enjoy the rights that are granted to them by our Constitution.
There is nothing in the Constitution or Bill of Rights that says people should be able to protest at a funeral. Make a law that does not allow protestors to come within one mile of a funeral, they still have their right to spew their hatred and the family has the right to not be assaulted during their time of grief. If something such as that not done, WBC will eventually meet up with a family member that has had enough and that will be that. God will Not be happy with these spawns of hell when their day of judgement comes.
Casper

Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Unfortunately, you're probably right. I wasn't talking about what will happen, only what I think should happen. I still support free speech, just not abusive speech. I think the First Amendment goes too far in that it protects abusive speech.

Calling Obama a moron - fine
Saying Obama should be shot - jail

Telling your supporters to "stop the Democrats" - fine
Telling your supporters to shoot the Democrats - jail

Saying God condemns homosexuality - fine
Picketing at the funerals of nine-year-old girls - jail

See what I mean?
there are already laws on the books that allow the secret service to detain you if you threaten the president while they determine i you are serious or not.

as for telling your supporters to shoot the opposition, that depends on how serious you are when you make the comment.

as for protesting funerals, the first amendment guarantees the right to free assembly, as long as it is peaceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Tell me did anyone lose their right to free speech when people were stopped from using it to spew out racial slurs.
so tell me what law is it that makes it illegal to use racial slurs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies