Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,478,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Take the blinders off maybe you can see better because it is true. Since when is the Patriot Act constitutional? Since when is the Health Care theft package constitutional? Since when is the ban on marijuana constitutional? The government doesn't own you. It has no right to it's citizens money. It has no right to make laws that infringe on the rights of its citizens.

btw We are a Republic NOT a democracy. A nation of laws, not a nation of mob rule.

The court's have ruled portions of the Patriot Act Constitutional and other parts not. It hasn't ruled on the healthcare reform act, but it has ruled on the Congress' Constitutional authority to legislate the illegality of drugs several times.

You do understand the importance of the court's in the Constitutional processes, don't you? Or, do you think the court's involvement in clarifying the laws Congress passes is un-Constitutional too?

Given what you posted, I get the impression that you neither know, nor care, how the rule of law works. What's more important than the Will of The People, as expressed by our elected representatives, is YOUR will. YOU don't like it so, you claim it's all just un-Constitutional, giving yourself free rein to do whatever you like.

Before you go down the road of opposing The People's government based upon a faulty understanding of our founding documents, I'd suggest you take a basic Constitution 101 class at the local community college before you end up finding out just how much authority the government DOES have, legally and Constitutionally.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 AM

46,857 posts, read 25,796,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
The "Bullet or the Ballot" ring any bells?

He refused to repudiate violence and often mocked ML King's non-violent approach.
Malcolm X was a Democratic candidate in what election?

The fringe is nuts on both sides. But fringe elements (or just people using their slogans) have maneuvered themselves into candidacies for the GOP, and that lends credence.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:40 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,068,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Sorry, but I disagree.

Gandhi faced violence and won the day against the British by adopting a non-violent approach just as ML King advocated.

Violence breeds more violence.
Whatever. I'm responding with violence myself.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,969,186 times
Quote:

Bush and many of the uninformed tools in Congress didn't take the time to read the Scheuer Report, head of the CIA Bin laden unit. The gave us the reasons why they attacked us. US troops in Saudi Arabia, US sanctions against Iraq, and US funding of Israeli expansionism.

Of course you don't KNOW that they didn't read that report....you're drawing conclusions.

But just for the sake of argument we say that's true....what difference does it make what their reasons for attacking us were?

Does that somehow justify the murder of 3000 INNOCENT people on 911? Keep in mind that murdering innocent people was their main objective.

Remember that Saudi Arabia INVITED the US troops there, the sanctions on Iraq were instituted by the UN, and there's really nothing wrong with the USA backing the only Democratic nation (Israel) in the Arab world.

Quote:
We've bombed Iraq for over 10 years. HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people have lost their lives. HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS is not by any stretch of the imagination collateral damage.
Actually, any innocent lives lost in those bombings was unitended...again, the USA spends more money on preventing that than any nation on Earth.

Also keep in mind that Bill Clinton ordered bombings of Iraq as well.

Quote:
Ron Paul in the debates said it best,
"I believe very sincerely that the CIA is correct when they teach and talk about blowback. When we went into Iran in 1953 and installed the shah, yes, there was blowback. A reaction to that was the taking of our hostages and that persists. And if we ignore that, we ignore that at our own risk. If we think that we can do what we want around the world and not incite hatred, then we have a problem. They don't come here to attack us because we're rich and we're free. They come and they attack us because we're over there. I mean, what would we think if other foreign countries were doing that to us?"
Ron Paul and yourself seem to totally forget all the Muslims we've helped too. Did we not stop the USSR's war of aggression in Afghanistan? Were we not begged to protect the Saudis and Kuwait from Saddam's blatant aggression?

Besides, and back to the topic.....Bush didn't do many of those things AND what he did do was with the backing of a majority of Democrats as well.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Whatever. I'm responding with violence myself.

OK, but don't forget that it had better be in a direct threat to yourself as self-defense or else you will be the one going to jail.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Malcolm X was a Democratic candidate in what election?
I never said he was...I was responding ONLY to the quote I quoted. Why are you reading more into it than what I quoted?

Quote:
The fringe is nuts on both sides. But fringe elements (or just people using their slogans) have maneuvered themselves into candidacies for the GOP, and that lends credence.
OK...I guess you are blind to the fringe elements on the left and Democrats?

You started out well when you said "The fringe is nuts on both sides". I could agree with you that far. You should have quite there.

I could cite many examples of fringe from the Democrats/Left as well.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 AM

Loveshiscountry:

Would you also say that FDR had a propensity for violence against innocent people?

Just wondering because he oversaw a war in which millions more innocent people died as a direct result of our actions in that war.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:26 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,769,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The court's have ruled portions of the Patriot Act Constitutional and other parts not. It hasn't ruled on the healthcare reform act, but it has ruled on the Congress' Constitutional authority to legislate the illegality of drugs several times.

You do understand the importance of the court's in the Constitutional processes, don't you? Or, do you think the court's involvement in clarifying the laws Congress passes is un-Constitutional too?
lmao
Yea I do understand the courts were set up to be the weakest of the 3 branches. Something completely lost on you.

Quote:
Given what you posted, I get the impression that you neither know, nor care, how the rule of law works.
that's your silly unfounded accusation.

Quote:
What's more important than the Will of The People, as expressed by our elected representatives, is YOUR will. YOU don't like it so, you claim it's all just un-Constitutional, giving yourself free rein to do whatever you like.
It's not up to me. The will of the people, do not trump the rights of the people. Jefferson and others warned us of mob rule. Constitution 101

Quote:
Before you go down the road of opposing The People's government based upon a faulty understanding of our founding documents, I'd suggest you take a basic Constitution 101 class at the local community college before you end up finding out just how much authority the government DOES have, legally and Constitutionally.
You do not understand that rights trump mob rule. Why should I listen to you?

Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,478,251 times
Quote:
Why should I listen to you?

You shouldn't. You might learn something and that might cause you to have to admit you're wrong on so many things.

We can't have that, can we? Raging against the machine is much more satisfying that learning how it runs.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:22 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,732,505 times
I find this entire thread ridiculous.

OP did you really start this thread because people were brutally murdered & hurt in Tucson & thought you had to point out the fact that 'Dems & those on the left' have nutjobs in their party also?
Just sayin? r ya kidding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies