Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:36 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Nazi's were NOT CHRISTIANS - They sent both Christians and Jews to the gas chambers. Get your facts straights. Furthermore, the Irish Rep Army had nothing to do with religion - that was just the common dividing factor between the Irish and the British. Their reasons were political. The Serbian matter was also one that was politically driven, but those political lines were also closely matched by the religious ones.

Nazi's weren't Christian's? Would that be the party itself (no, it wasn't) or the individual's who made up the party (yes, many were).

And don't forget that the Kluxer's have always claimed Christ and doing His will for one of their justifications. And, especially in the 1920's and 50's, most were God-fearing, active church members, some even preachers and deacons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 PM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Nazi's were NOT CHRISTIANS - They sent both Christians and Jews to the gas chambers.
There was exactly one WWII army that went into battle with the words "God with Us" on their belt buckles. People in Nazi Germany certainly kept going to church. Troublemakers of all stripes were killed. The Nazi leaders, Hitler in partuicular, were rather enigmatic in spiritual matters. But the rank and file were Germans, and they sure as all out self-identified as Christians, as did almost all Europeans in the 1940s.

Quote:
Furthermore, the Irish Rep Army had nothing to do with religion - that was just the common dividing factor between the Irish and the British.
Their reasons were political. The Serbian matter was also one that was politically driven, but those political lines were also closely matched by the religious ones.
I see. So, when Christianity is used for a political purpose, it's not real Christianity. But when Islam is politicized, it's the true face of Islam.

Wake up and smell the mass graves in Srebrenica: Every single religion, Christianity included, can be and has been used to fuel political feuds.

Do not compare the worst behavior of one faith with the ideal behavior of another. Compare worst-case to worst-case, ideal to ideal, and best-case to best-case, if you must duke it out between religions.

On that count, Islam sure is leading in the barbarism column right now, and that's partly because Christianity is rich and so Christian countries can afford to make war in the "proper" manner, partly because there's a serious overabundance of young men with nothing to do in the Islamic world, and partly because some old farts are using "the West" in general and Israel in particular as the prugelknabe for all ills in their own countries.

(Of course, one could just leave the entire supernatural edifice behind and behave like a proper ethical human being.)

Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is a growing population of Muslims in your country too...Soon it will be your business.
You're not capable of bursting my bubble and i cross bridges when i come to them. The OP was talking about Pakistan, and i don't give a damn about what Muslims do in Pakistan. It's not my business.

If there is a growing population of Muslims, so what? They could be half the country for all i care. Last i remember, Americans have the freedom to choose their own religion. If they choose Islam, their business. Make Islam illegal if you're so down on it. Personally, i'd make all religion illegal if i could, but i can't, so i'm indifferent.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I respect everyone's right to believe their own religion and worship their own God, if they so choose. Some in Pakistan wants to stay seeped in their archaic ways, wanting to kill anyone who takes the name of mohammed in vain. How are we supposed to work with these extremist, and are they extremist or the norm? Is this the way everyday muslims feel as well?

Thousands demonstrate in support of Pakistan's blasphemy law - CNN.com

A bill is now before the Pakistani parliament that would change the current blasphemy laws. It calls for a tighter definition of the term to avoid cases like that of Asia Bibi, a Christian woman who was sentenced to death under the law. A court found the 45-year-old woman guilty of defiling the name of the Prophet Mohammed during a 2009 argument with fellow Muslim field workers.
A few years ago, I had the pleasure of traveling to England, and meeting some engineers there. We went out for lunch. They had lots of question about my life and life in the USA. They wanted to know how many guns I owned. When I replied, "None." they were, to put it mildly, semi-flabbergasted. "Why, you must own at least one gun?" Don't all Americans own guns? These were intelligent men, who, from that they have read in the media, assume the USA is still the Wild West, and people here sort of shoot first and ask questions later. When I told them it wsan't like that, they found it hard to believe. And I was living in Atlanta at the time, which is kind of crime central.

Many places have very different moral values.

Is sex wrong before marriage? Do we show boobs on TV?
We vilify it on Sunday, and we revere it on the TV. Amerca, the land of wishy-washy.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-10-2011 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-10-2011, 04:27 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I respect everyone's right to believe their own religion and worship their own God, if they so choose. Some in Pakistan wants to stay seeped in their archaic ways, wanting to kill anyone who takes the name of mohammed in vain. How are we supposed to work with these extremist, and are they extremist or the norm? Is this the way everyday muslims feel as well?

Thousands demonstrate in support of Pakistan's blasphemy law - CNN.com

A bill is now before the Pakistani parliament that would change the current blasphemy laws. It calls for a tighter definition of the term to avoid cases like that of Asia Bibi, a Christian woman who was sentenced to death under the law. A court found the 45-year-old woman guilty of defiling the name of the Prophet Mohammed during a 2009 argument with fellow Muslim field workers.
They are not the only one with blasphemy laws. Massachusetts, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Wyoming, and Pennsylvania still have laws prohibiting blasphemy as well. Maybe we should be looking at cleaning up our own backyard before criticizing others for doing the exact same thing.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
They are not the only one with blasphemy laws. Massachusetts, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Wyoming, and Pennsylvania still have laws prohibiting blasphemy as well. Maybe we should be looking at cleaning up our own backyard before criticizing others for doing the exact same thing.

Umm I dont think we execute for blasphemy like the muslims do..So plz stop.

Oh and dont forget..."Muslims are only moderate when they are in the minority"
.....If you think I am wrong just look at countries that are 30% muslim or higher go visit one and walk around telling them your "Christian",see were that gets you.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Umm I dont think we execute for blasphemy like the muslims do..So plz stop.
I see. So it acceptable to punish people for blasphemy, providing they are not killed in the process. How magnanimous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Oh and dont forget..."Muslims are only moderate when they are in the minority"
.....If you think I am wrong just look at countries that are 30% muslim or higher go visit one and walk around telling them your "Christian",see were that gets you.
Well that is an improvement over Christians whom are never moderate, whether they are in the minority or not.

...If you think I am wrong, just walk up to any Christian and tell them you are an atheist and watch them flip out.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Nazi's were NOT CHRISTIANS - They sent both Christians and Jews to the gas chambers. Get your facts straights. Furthermore, the Irish Rep Army had nothing to do with religion - that was just the common dividing factor between the Irish and the British. Their reasons were political. The Serbian matter was also one that was politically driven, but those political lines were also closely matched by the religious ones.
Most were. Remember, Germany is a christer country.
Nice of you to try to deny and distance yourself from the truth, but it's not going to work here.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 AM

657 posts, read 697,251 times
Actually instead of protecting the jews and political dissidents that were being prosecuted and murdered by the Nazi regime, the Church and the pope even willingly collaborated with the Nazis.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,543 times
Quote:
Sorry, but Nazi's were Christians. You need to delve deeper into their actions, especially those who were in the SS and worked at the camps. The most saddest thing is that ordinary people, working, church going joined the party. Heck, even the Vatican was involved in getting the Nazis out of Europe after WW2 to South America. While the Vatican disputes the role of the Pope and could he have done more during the War, the Vatican doesn't dispute this. The Churches, with rare exceptions, went along with the Nazi program. The other holds true, each has G-d on their side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies