Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 08:30 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

P.S. Have you been to Amsterdam, oz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 08:31 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
With pot? No, not really... there's no such thing as a "contact high," unless maybe you're confined in a car with people smoking a bongload. Besides, there are many many streets in San Francisco - so it's not hard to find one that's relatively empty.
No such things as a contact high?
Really?

Why is smoking tobacco banned in buildings do you think?
Health concerns?

Quote:
You're wondering how it would fit into society? Spend a few weeks in SF!
No not really,I am wondering how proponents see it fitting in once legalised.

Me,as long as it doesn't impact me I don't care what you do....

Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
No such things as a contact high?
Really?

Why is smoking tobacco banned in buildings do you think?
Health concerns?

No not really,I am wondering how proponents see it fitting in once legalised.

Me,as long as it doesn't impact me I don't care what you do....

There are other ways of consuming pot. It can added into baked goods, as well as you can vaporize it.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Second hand smoke is a myth then?
Even from tobacco?
Second and Third hand smokes negative effects are highly overstated.

Most of the effects of second hand smoke come from constant daily exposure. Living with a smoker that smokes in the same room as you, working in a bar, etc.

But, since you apparently don't know, you can eat cannabis. I do that, using butter to draw out the THC and cannabinoids.

You don't have to smoke pot, if thats your concern. Most folks probably wouldn't if it were legalized.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
What are the restrictions for alcohol use? If I'm not mistaken it's just that you can't be under the influence at work - which is exactly how they should & do currently treat marijuana.
Pilots,train drivers(Engineers??),I would think bus drivers....mostly people in charge of other people's lives.

Quote:
What you do on your own time is your business, as long as it doesn't trickle over onto work.
Agreed,as long as the only one you have an effect on is youself,do whatever you like.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
P.S. Have you been to Amsterdam, oz?
No,never went there,went to other areas where it wasn't a big concern,Spain was pretty lax.

I actually had contacts(not friends but knew them) with a few drug smugglers in Gibraltar when I lived there,crazy place back then....

Old 01-14-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
There are other ways of consuming pot. It can added into baked goods, as well as you can vaporize it.
LOL...I know...

In Gibraltar it was mainly hash that was available...everywhere it seemed...

Old 01-14-2011, 08:42 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Haven't read the whole thread, but I'd say if there is a link between schizophrenia and marijuana smoking it's because the schizophrenic is using pot to self-medicate. Sorry if this has been said 100 times on here already.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:42 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Pilots,train drivers(Engineers??),I would think bus drivers....mostly people in charge of other people's lives.
What about them? If you mean they're tested regularly, yes they are - as they should be. If I had a job like that, I'd quit smoking marijuana the minute I was hired. My job, on the other hand, isn't affected by after-work use... I'm a librarian, so the worst I could do is mis-catalog a reference book.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Back in the 80's, I had a cousin seriously ill and hospitalized for end of life treatment. During his hospitalization, I started dating one of his nurses who visited me one day at my work place. She had brought me a pan of brownies. I think she tried to dissuade me when I said I would take them inside to share with co-workers.

Turns out, the brownies were loaded. I think she had intended I take them to my cousin in the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies