Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:00 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey
Back in the 80's, I had a cousin seriously ill and hospitalized for end of life treatment. During his hospitalization, I started dating one of his nurses who visited me one day at my work place. She had brought be a pan of brownies. I think she tried to dissuade me when I said I would take them inside to share with co-workers.

Turns out, the brownies were loaded. I think she had intended I take them to my cousin in the hospital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I've never personally ate special brownies. I want to try it. How do the effects differ from smoking it?
That's a good question, and just as with smoking, your results may vary (Ref gizmo980 in post #316). Consider that chocolate also has its own psycho-active properties, it would modify the cannabis experience.

I never was much for cooking pot as I much preferred smoking the stuff. I even preferred the nasty little roaches I kept at my bedside for a quick toke before dozing off - awesome dreams, some with psychic qualities - or before crawling out of bed in the morning.

Depending on quality and quantity, the stone might be much more intense and longer lasting. I would try to say... more broad in its perception. But then, smoking for me was more a mental development assist than a mind altering trip, although I did appreciate that aspect of smoking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 09:00 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Yeah, don't think I would want to try it. I've never tried shrooms or acid, because of the idea of hallucinating and the fact that the effects last for several hours. Catching a buzz on the weekend for a couple of hours prior to going to bed is one thing. Several hours of tripping your balls off is another. I'm high strung enough as it is.
I dabbled in hallucinogenics when I was young (teens), but it was too intense for me... I just didn't like the lack of control, and haven't touched the stuff since.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Look at that,I have one up on you the pothead....

I don't consider myself a pot head by any means. Occasional use? Yes. All day, every day. No. I have to get up and go to work during the week, so I'm not the "stereotypical stoner" that the anti-pot people like to lump us all in with. Either way, whether I do use it or not, it's not the government's right or any other person's right to tell another responsible adult what they can and cannot consume! Most of us are responsible enough, and we don't need the government trying to act as a nanny.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:06 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I dabbled in hallucinogenics when I was young (teens), but it was too intense for me... I just didn't like the lack of control, and haven't touched the stuff since.

And that's it. The control thing. I mean, when you're under the influence, you're not always in complete control, which is why I would never show up for work completely baked. But I know my limits with alcohol as well as pot. Let's put it this way, I'm not really the poster child for marijuana being the "gateway" drug, because I have not tried other things, nor did I ever have an interest in doing so. As for alcohol. I like beer, and that's it. I do not like hard liquor. It always makes me feel like s***! I don't like most wines either. I'll drink it on occasion, but usually if it's during the holidays.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:11 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Nice. I was supposed to go once (along with Morocco), but the trip was canceled due to the first Gulf War... it was a youth orchestra trip, so I had little control over that - and I was pretty mad.
It was a strange place,it was so funny to see a Roman Amphitheater near Barcelona being used as a trash dump....

Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
This is probably why I dislike drugs,the feeling of a loss of control.
Of course my drug of choice was alcohol,and at that time I was probably would have been considered a mean drunk...and an alcoholic by todays standard.

We just considered ourselves louts.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
It was a strange place,it was so funny to see a Roman Amphitheater near Barcelona being used as a trash dump....
That's kinda sad. When I was in Rome, we couldn't even get NEAR the Colosseum... we had the unfortunate timing of showing up during a "Papal blessing" (like millions of people were in town for it), so most of the big stuff was overloaded with tourists. I need to go back!

As for Spain, I just like how they thpeak ethpanol... I had a Spanish teacher from Spain once, and loved his thhhexy accent.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
I don't consider myself a pot head by any means. Occasional use? Yes. All day, every day. No. I have to get up and go to work during the week, so I'm not the "stereotypical stoner" that the anti-pot people like to lump us all in with. Either way, whether I do use it or not, it's not the government's right or any other person's right to tell another responsible adult what they can and cannot consume! Most of us are responsible enough, and we don't need the government trying to act as a nanny.

That is pretty much "it" in a nutshell.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I don't consider myself a pot head by any means.
It was a joke,hence the ''.

Quote:
Occasional use? Yes. All day, every day. No. I have to get up and go to work during the week, so I'm not the "stereotypical stoner" that the anti-pot people like to lump us all in with. Either way, whether I do use it or not, it's not the government's right or any other person's right to tell another responsible adult what they can and cannot consume! Most of us are responsible enough, and we don't need the government trying to act as a nanny.
As I have stated continually through this thread and others,I am in faovr of legalisation of ALL drugs and 'vices'....let people go for it,just don't expect any sympathy or support from me.

People are free to do whatever they like and I am free to ignore their circumstances.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
This is probably why I dislike drugs,the feeling of a loss of control.
Of course my drug of choice was alcohol,and at that time I was probably would have been considered a mean drunk...and an alcoholic by todays standard.
Yeah, that's why I pretty much avoid alcohol... it makes me do & say things I wouldn't normally, and to me that's a clear sign of "full loss of control." I've tried just about everything in my 34 years, and pot is the only one I feel isn't too mind-altering - you feel good and relaxed, but it's never made me act completely out of character. Does that make sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies