Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thanks for seeing the truth be told here. You have said it all, this is not the place or time, to bring in political statements, and throwing attacks, and insults and blame to radio and TV for this tragedy. One lone nutcase, should be responsible for his own actions, and no one else.

This Sherrif needs further looking into. You know something is so wrong and you do nothing, who is sick here.

If Jared Loughner's past criminal history was manipulated due to his mother being on the board I would think that would be criminal. It could be especially bad if he got special treatment in a case that may have exposed his mental illness. If his illness had been exposed he wouldn't have been able to make the gun purchase in November. Very bad news for the sherrif.

I agree. I'm glad this is coming out.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Is Sheriff Dupnik is responsible for the Tuscon massacre?
"I'd like to make one additional point on Sheriff Dupnik. I think we're missing the point when we're talking about his political agenda. This man and this suspect has had previous contact with the sheriff's office. It looks to me, we don't have many details on this, but it looks as though he slipped between the cracks. I think what we really need to look into is what happened when he had previous contact with the sheriff's office with their negligence here. And, I think the sheriff is trying to distract from that question."

Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hmmmm...maybe that is why this sheriff came out with his partisan, political, divisive speculation with not a shred of evidence to back it up.

RPT-Arizona suspect had made death threats-sheriff | Reuters

I'd like to know exactly what was done with the previous death threats - wouldn't you?

Sheriff: Accused Shooter 'Unhinged,' Made Threats : NPR

Jared Loughner is a product of Sheriff Dupnik’s office « The Cholla Jumps

Looks like we need some clarification from the sheriff on this.

I guess the death threats were ignored because they were probably made against Republicans.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
He's an elected democrat. Additionally, when he came out spewing the democrat talking points, that one party is trying to do what's best for the nation, while the other is trying to stop them (the latter has the backing of the American people), when he called his own state racist and bigoted, when he refused to enforce the immigration law.

He ran as a democrat, but he appears to be of the left variety of democrat.
I'm surprised he hasn't been gag ordered. Doesn't his public opinions impact the case because he isn't offering anything but his opinion? He admitted as much to Megyn Kelly.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:18 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Doesn't his public opinions impact the case because he isn't offering anything but his opinion?
YES IT DOES

Especially when the FBI moved in so quickly as they should have, it does make one wonder why Sheriff Dupnik's
style of Law Enforcement has not been questioned and how they will ever be able to use him for the prosecution as he's clearly helping the defense.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You can't have it both ways, Roy. You can't cut the funding for mental health care in a state by 50%---which Brewer did---and still expect the mental heath department to be able to treat and keep track of all the seriously disturbed people in the state. That just leads to more and more people falling through the cracks.
It appears he wasn't even looked at by any mental health officials, they have no record of doing so, which falls on the sheriff since he knew of previous death threats.

Maybe it is true, the sheriff was trying to protect the family (mother is an employee of the county) and swept it under the rug.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Hmmmm...maybe that is why this sheriff came out with his partisan, political, divisive speculation with not a shred of evidence to back it up.

RPT-Arizona suspect had made death threats-sheriff | Reuters

I'd like to know exactly what was done with the previous death threats - wouldn't you?

Sheriff: Accused Shooter 'Unhinged,' Made Threats : NPR

Jared Loughner is a product of Sheriff Dupnik’s office « The Cholla Jumps

Looks like we need some clarification from the sheriff on this.

Hold on to your socks kids!

Loughner's mother is Sheriff Dupnik's supervisor.

Speculation is Sheriff kept him out of nut ward at mother's requiest.

Sheriff Dupnik’s Culpability | Hennessy's View

Old 01-11-2011, 01:28 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Oh, if it is true, someone has some blood on their hands.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:29 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hold on to your socks kids!

Loughner's mother is Sheriff Dupnik's supervisor.

Speculation is Sheriff kept him out of nut ward at mother's requiest.

It was just a matter of time before the connection of the
Sheriff, Loughner and his family comes in full view !

I do wonder what type of influence does the Sheriff have
over Loughner, Political or otherwise or if Loughner just
misunderstood and went to far

Old 01-11-2011, 01:34 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
It was just a matter of time before the connection of the
Sheriff, Loughner and his family comes in full view !

I do wonder what type of influence does the Sheriff have
over Loughner, Political or otherwise or if Loughner just
misunderstood and went to far

According to what I read, Loughner was threatening everyone and their brother and even got arrested several times. DHS is wondering why no convictions...me too.

FOX News - Top Stories - How Did Gunman Pass Background Check?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies