Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Strong individuals do not commit crimes and pin it on Talk Radio, or Rush, or Hannity, or Beck, or MSNBC OR CBS, unless they are sick, and mentally unstable, therefore anything can trigger a mental breakdown and they can snap.

Personal responsibility, falls on the nutcase in this sad, case that should of never happened. Why try and pin it on someone who had no bearing to this guy's tormented act of violence. From what i have heard seems he has been a ticking time bomb for someone time now.

You cannot get into the mind of someone mentally insane, they need not one person to set them off don't need news shows, or newscasters, or the news papers, or talk radio to make them snap. I knew someone like this once, the ending to that story is sad, and he seemed perfectly fine till that dredful day, he killed his Mother, and did terrible things afterwards. No warning, when someone is menal or has a mental illness, they need help and medication, without medication, they are that ticking time bomb! A good start would be to start getting treatment and medication, for those who are mentally ill. How is a good question!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
No,he was a separatist....

You are an 'ends justify the means' sort of guy huh??
I see I hit a nerve calling weaver what he is. Doesn't surprise me that you would defend him.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You do realize that you have used "bottom feeders", "gutter-snipes", and "creepy" in one sentence to make the point of how we should tone down the rhetoric?
I'm talking about the violent revolutionary rhetoric peddled by right-wing talk-radio ranters. Big difference. I stand by my comments.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I see I hit a nerve calling weaver what he is. Doesn't surprise me that you would defend him.
Sigh,there is a difference,like between hate groups New Black Panthers or the Nation of Islam and the NAACP.

Surely you don't lump those groups together?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
At least some of the LW pundits have acknowledged that they have some responsibility and duty to try to stop inflaming rhetoric. The right has yet to do that. In fact I am listening to FOX using the excuse, "no direct link". No, the link is not direct, it's indirect, but there never the less.
There is no direct or indirect link.

Anyone who apologizes for this shooting, other than the criminal himself, is just plain foolish.

This is a chance to bash right wing radio and right wing pundits.

Nothing more, nothing less.

That is, until they come forward with some evidence to prove otherwise.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
I'm talking about the violent revolutionary rhetoric peddled by right-wing talk-radio ranters. Big difference. I stand by my comments.
Good,I like when hypocrites stand their ground....makes for an easier target.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
I suggest the Left look inward and deal with its own "hate speech" issues, and the Right can do the same. Neither should take responsibility for the actions of a violent lunatic.

I have noticed that there does seem to be a "blame anyone but the person responsible" theme running through liberal politics. We see it in discussions about crime, poverty, or even whether your McDonald's coffee is too hot . . .

Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Sigh,there is a difference,like between hate groups New Black Panthers or the Nation of Islam and the NAACP.

Surely you don't lump those groups together?
Nice try but I have stated many times that the NBP and the NOI are racist. The NAACP have just out lived its usefulness but is not a hate group. They are just left over from a time they were really needed. I love how every time the tea party is called out right wingers try to scare up and enrage white people with those six guys that are in the NBP.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Do agree that we should not limit free speech. To me, it is one of those rights that is sacrosanct. I don't have to agree with everything I hear but I still support the right of a person to speak their mind.
I agree. And supporting that right means not threatening to kill or injure someone who disagrees; it means not disrupting a meeting like so many did in the summer of 09 at the Town Halls on health care, and so forth. It means, in short, being civil. That does not mean someone can't get angry; it means the anger needs to be dealt with in a civil manner.

Quote:
Do you have a link to this?
What murders is Giffords talking about???
None. If you note, the quote marks end with . . . there’s consequences to that action.” The next sentence is not in quotes and is the poster's opinion.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Nice try but I have stated many times that the NBP and the NOI are racist. The NAACP have just out lived its usefulness but is not a hate group. They are just left over from a time they were really needed. I love how every time the tea party is called out right wingers try to scare up and enrage white people with those six guys that are in the NBP.
Sigh again...

That was my point...the NOI and NBP are not the same as the NAACP.

White supremacist and white separatists aren't the same either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies