Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times

Advertisements

With all that has happened in Arizona this week, I'm really concerned about Obama's careless and wreckless statement when he was running for office......"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun".

Obama brings a gun to a knife fight - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Do any of you think people took Obama's comment seriously?
Did Obama's comment impact this guy in Arizona in any way?
Why would somebody running for POTUS make such an incendiary and wreckless comment?
Why has the political rhetoric gotten worse in the two years that Obama has been in office, when Obama promised UNITY?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
People would take that seriously...they are an oversensitive bunch! I didn't take it seriously. It's just an idiom.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
There is no one more divisive and partisan than the guy at the top, but not ONCE did you hear mention any of these inflammatory rhetorical comments in the media in the last few days;

Quote:
“They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”, “Get in Their Faces!”, “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”, “Hit Back Twice As Hard”, “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“, “hand to hand combat”, “It’s time to Fight for it.”, “Punish your enemies.”, “I’m itching for a fight.”

Old 01-11-2011, 07:02 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
With all that has happened in Arizona this week, I'm really concerned about Obama's careless and wreckless statement when he was running for office......"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun".

Why would somebody running for POTUS make such an incendiary and wreckless comment?
Why has the political rhetoric gotten worse in the two years that Obama has been in office, when Obama promised UNITY?
Give a break already, this same old "concern" has already been brought up. Stop adding your blame game to the others.
Casper

Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is no one more divisive and partisan than the guy at the top, but not ONCE did you hear mention any of these inflammatory rhetorical comments in the media in the last few days;
That's what I say. The hypocracy!
They jump on every word that Sarah Palin, Glen Beck, or Bill Oreilly say but once again anyone on the left gets a pass. Why is this?

It is such a joke. Why don't people on the left see their hypocracy? Maybe because they reinforce each other so they think its ok?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:16 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Give a break already, this same old "concern" has already been brought up. Stop adding your blame game to the others.
Casper
That is what the left came out of the gate doing!
If you dont believe the Hate from the Left check out the thread Climate of Hate it is really frightening just how hateful and vicious they really have been!

The progressive “climate of hate:” An illustrated primer, 2000-2010

Old 01-11-2011, 08:17 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post

Great question. Seems it is OK for the left to promote hate, the most hate we see from the left is false accusing the right of hate

Old 01-11-2011, 08:21 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All these Obama quotes.....frightening....

“They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”, “Get in Their Faces!”, “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”, “Hit Back Twice As Hard”, “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“, “hand to hand combat”, “It’s time to Fight for it.”, “Punish your enemies.”, “I’m itching for a fight.”

I never, ever remember another president making such incendiary comments about U.S. citizens. Sure past presidents have made these harsh comments about other countries when we have been at war, but to make the comments about U.S. citizens? Obama seems to have sunk to a new low.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
People would take that seriously...they are an oversensitive bunch! I didn't take it seriously. It's just an idiom.
It's a well known idiom spoken by Sean Connery's character in the film The Untouchables.

Much ado about nothing, again.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It's a well known idiom spoken by Sean Connery's character in the film The Untouchables.

Much ado about nothing, again.
Isnt that what the left is saying with Plains surveyers marks on the Map but said NOthing about the Dem Maps of the same thing before Palins!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies