Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,979,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Metaphor ? The REPUBLICAN PARTY held a Fundraiser where for $50 you could take turns with Candidate Jesse Kelly shooting at images of Giffords with a "fully automatic M-16 rifle".
For them cry now is bull, they have blood all over their hands

Too bad that you had to embellish that with a lie.

Jesse Kelly is a former Marine and at his fundraiser, supporters could shoot an M-16, but NOT at images of Giffords!!

Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Too bad that you had to embellish that with a lie.

Jesse Kelly is a former Marine and at his fundraiser, supporters could shoot an M-16, but NOT at images of Giffords!!
Don't worry. He is going to come back with his "but I live here so I know what's really going on" take.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:24 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why did DailyKos pull it's stuff down?

Was it in bad taste?
I don't know what DailyKos is, I think in general its not something I am used to (I don't live in the states) and I don't understand how anyone would do it. Since this is about Palin, its not up to you to hyjack the thread.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 AM

There is nothing that states that the M-16 was "fully automatic" either.

I doubt that it was because a fully automatic assault rifle is illegal in the USA and no candidate is going to break such an obvious law as that.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:26 AM

499 posts, read 404,956 times
Quote:
Nope,this was a protest march....

But the cries for less rhetoric were quite as loud from the left back then....
The media only pushed the issue into the public forum again recently.

It applies to everyone, I think.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Hmmm....

Go down about halfway,look in the column titled "CONTROL DATA AND MONUMENTS"

http://egsc.usgs.gov/isb/pubs/bookle...mapsymbols.pdf

Old 01-12-2011, 11:33 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,390 times
Quote:
Nope,this was a protest march....

But the cries for less rhetoric were quite as loud from the left back then....
There is a difference between a public person (no matter which party) and a single protester. People all over the world carry such signs when they don't agree with a politician. Its bad taste but these people have no responsibility and muss less coverage than public figures.

Also, how do you know these people are "from the left"? People all over the world didn't like Bush. Are all of these people from the left?
How do you know the person on the picture wasn't a Libertarian or a Republican that didn't like Bush. Or maybe that even wasn't an American at all.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Look....Giffords herself was a Blue Dog Democrat and was PRO GUN.

She publicly applauded the court ruling that reversed the gun ban in Washington DC. :

Giffords was a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment, and a gun owner. She signed an amicus brief in support of the D.C. v. Heller, the case that overturned Washington, D.C.'s gun ban. Her reaction to the verdict:
Quote:
"As a gun owner, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. In February, I was proud to sign the Amicus Brief in District of Columbia v. Heller asking the Supreme Court to uphold the lower court ruling that overturned the long standing DC gun ban.
This is a common sense decision that reaffirms the Constitutional right - and Arizona tradition - of owning firearms. I commend the Court for ruling in favor of restoring our right to bear arms."
Source: Weigel : Giffords and Guns

Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
There is nothing that states that the M-16 was "fully automatic" either.

I doubt that it was because a fully automatic assault rifle is illegal in the USA and no candidate is going to break such an obvious law as that.
No to own an automatic weapon requires a lot of paperwork from the fedgov. but it is possible.

And you have to have all that paperwork before you can purchase such a weapon.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,804,188 times
Quote:
Hmmm....

Go down about halfway,look in the column titled "CONTROL DATA AND MONUMENTS"

http://egsc.usgs.gov/isb/pubs/bookle...mapsymbols.pdf
Nice try but palin's map crosshairs don't look anything like what is on that site. With the white crosshairs if anything, it resembles a neo-nazi logo.

http://piggington.com/files/images/palin_crosshairs_map.jpg (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.