Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
So wait a minute the threshold for violence is threatening some one's life? Now I'm really confused. When did Palin threaten someone's life?
Here are some quotes:

''I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.''

—Sarah Palin

''Nuclear weaponry, of course, would be the be-all, end-all of just too many people in too many parts of our planet.''

—Sarah Palin, CBS interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 25, 2008

''Dr. Laura: Don't retreat... Reload! ...

- Sarah Palin

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
What should Sarah Palin have said?...

I am deeply saddened by the recent events in Tucson, Arizona... I now realize the errors of my ways and actions... My irresponsible rhetoric in the past was unjust and uncalled for... Violence is not the answer... I am now stepping down and falling back into obscurity where I belong...

- Sarah Palin
Or....it could be used in Obama's speech today:

"I am deeply saddened by the recent events in Tucson, Arizona..... I now realize the devisiveness of my administration.... My irresponsible "They bring bring knives and we bring guns" rhetoric in the past was unjust and uncalled for. Violence is not the answer. I am now stepping down from POTUS and going back to being a worthless community organizer and agitator in South Chicago where I belong."

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
So why did he shoot a politician?... This was no random act...

Ummmm because he is nuts.........

Old 01-12-2011, 08:50 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
So why did he shoot a politician?... This was no random act...
According to what we have gleaned from those who knew him, he didn't like her answer to one of his questions in 2007. He had an issue with grammar apparently. I believe you're trying to apply reason to the inner workings of a mentally ill thought process. I would hope you see this is rather futile and regular logic does not apply in this case.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Here are some quotes:

''I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.''

—Sarah Palin

''Nuclear weaponry, of course, would be the be-all, end-all of just too many people in too many parts of our planet.''

—Sarah Palin, CBS interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 25, 2008

''Dr. Laura: Don't retreat... Reload! ...

- Sarah Palin

Repeating innocuous quotes doesn't make them violent. I also didn't see anywhere that she advocated killing people.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Or....it could be used in Obama's speech today:

"I am deeply saddened by the recent events in Tucson, Arizona..... I now realize the devisiveness of my administration.... My irresponsible "They bring bring knives and we bring guns" rhetoric in the past was unjust and uncalled for. Violence is not the answer. I am now stepping down from POTUS and going back to being a worthless community organizer and agitator in South Chicago where I belong."
Unfortunately in your case Obama is only divsive in your eyes... a train of thought that can lead to anger and mental illness...

Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
My goodness re read you rant it is hostile and filled with violent imagery. What substance? You called the woman the C word. That really is disgraceful.
Not as disgraceful as the person who called the president a rock monkey who is stinking up the white house...

Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Repeating innocuous quotes doesn't make them violent. I also didn't see anywhere that she advocated killing people.
The use of Nuclear Weaponry isn't advocating killing people?...

Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Not as disgraceful as the person who called the president a rock monkey who is stinking up the white house...

Meh, they're on par. Surely a very low bar.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Quote:
President Reagan said, 'We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.' Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own. They begin and end with the criminals who commit them, not collectively with all the citizens of a state, not with those who listen to talk radio, not with maps of swing districts used by both sides of the aisle, not with law-abiding citizens who respectfully exercise their First Amendment rights at campaign rallies, not with those who proudly voted in the last election.
One of the most intelligent and thoughtful comments I've heard from any of those "in the spotlight" about this event. Hopefully some of our other pols can pause and think before speaking.
That sounds nice on paper, what Reagan said, but if we all truly believed that then why hasn't there ever been a huge out-cry to free Charles Manson? He never lifted a finger in the so-called Manson killings. He wasn't even there. Jim Jones got hundreds of people to commit suicide using just his words. Words have consequences and people CAN incite others to commit crimes no matter how many people in this thread claim otherwise. There has been a steady drum roll of violent rhetoric growing in our political discourse since the Tea Party came on the scene and every public figure who added to it needs to take responsibility for the climate of hate we are now dealing with in this country, a climate of hate that empowers the crazies among us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies