Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you accept the government's report on the Earth's temperature as factual?
Yes, I accept the report as factual 19 32.76%
No, I reject it 34 58.62%
Not sure 5 8.62%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do I hear heads exploding?
Denial in 3, 2, 1 ...
We only accept the government's reports when there is a Republican in office and he says it's time to invade another country. Other than that...forget it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Oh c'mon there is. 9 out of 10 experts on the topic will agree that it is man made.
Incorrect. There are 50-200 of the cabal that are a consensus. Even those that worked on the IPCC report now disavow some of the unnfounded un-peer reviewed gray literature that was used to make their doomsday prediction, of which they have had to backpedal on - like the glaciers, like the ice cap, like the sea levels - none of which is behaving as predicted.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:00 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Incorrect. There are 50-200 of the cabal that are a consensus. Even those that worked on the IPCC report now disavow some of the unnfounded un-peer reviewed gray literature that was used to make their doomsday prediction, of which they have had to backpedal on - like the glaciers, like the ice cap, like the sea levels - none of which is behaving as predicted.
I agree. There are multiple reports from very well respected scientists that disagree with both the models used and the conclusions drawn from those to push forward the global warming theory. In fact, the change in terminology from global warming to climate change is partly in response to the criticism. Additionally, a scientist will never say never as everything associated with global warming is theory and the entire idea of science is to constantly evaluate, experiment, and study. Unfortunately, money does have an adversial effect upon science in modern times and the result has been some questionable scientific conclusions.

Last edited by southbel; 01-13-2011 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-14-2011, 09:48 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
Ok to all the people out there that think its ...."peoples fault".............Lets go back to a time when people did exist.
How do you explain all the crazy weather then?
Hot/Cold/snow/rain.......Yet people didnt exist....so....Sssplain to me.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:52 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Ok to all the people out there that think its ...."peoples fault".............Lets go back to a time when people did exist.
Well, not just hot/cold, but glaciers running all the way down to FL and a tropical rain forest in Canada.

Of course they can't explain that, doesn't count.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Stop using logic - that would ruin their perceptions!

Old 01-14-2011, 09:58 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Why not? The majority of experts and scientists agree that global warming is man made. Why would you not believe them?

Because no one will fund a study to examine why nothing unusual is happening.

Research scientist feed from the hand of government in the form of research grants. Governments seek to control the people by whatever means present themselves. Together they have found an issue which serves their mutual parasitic needs (see cap and trade).

Now, I'd love to sit here and chat, but I have a car to dig out.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:03 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
NOAA: 2010 tied for Earth's warmest year on record - USATODAY.com

What does this report mean to you, if anything?

Incorrect, 2010 is not the warmest year, nor was it a tie with the warmest year.

Check it yourself.

CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES Climate Summary

Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
To those who reject it, you must believe there's a conspiracy by the U.S. Government, correct? The report is simply stating that the Earth's temperature is at a record high.

Why do you reject it, and what would it take for you to believe the report?
No, we simply use the actual data to come to the conclusion and not sensationalized political motives to promote fallacy. See my above response to you, look up the records yourself. The NOAA is in conflict with its own records, though this isn't the first time and it is exactly why there are so many problems with the climate science field and why these agencies get bombarded with FOIA requests concerning their methods within the reports they do make.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
No, we simply use the actual data to come to the conclusion and not sensationalized political motives to promote fallacy. See my above response to you, look up the records yourself. The NOAA is in conflict with its own records, though this isn't the first time and it is exactly why there are so many problems with the climate science field and why these agencies get bombarded with FOIA requests concerning their methods within the reports they do make.
Well they do have a history of throwing out conflicting data to their POV. In actuality, the measurement of climate is actually quite challenging but even then, there is still conflict because scientists want to "adjust" for those measurement challenges. Goes against every tenet of being a scientist, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies