Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:03 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Please provide some examples of Obama's "hate speech" that has the right so spittle-spewing angry.
Please provide me some examples where I've accused Obama of delivering a "hate speech", unless you're lumping me to be on the "right"...which, in that case, you know what happens when you a$$ume.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:04 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Could you please post any examples of the president 'attacking' anyone who disagrees with a policy?

Could you please post an example of the president apologizing to the world?

I see this meme repeated ad nauseum, but there are no cases I've been able to find of a presidential apology. A google search yields LOTS of biased political opinion pieces loudly claiming the apologies, but no substantive evidence of an apology.
1) when he recenlty sent the republicans to the back seat

2) The President's Apology Tour - WSJ.com

Old 01-13-2011, 08:06 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
This thread (and other similar threads about Obama and the Right) give a revealing glimpse into how screwed-up the society of the self-proclaimed world's greatest nation is. And this is what other nations should emulate?
America is hollow.
Americans are superficial, anti-intellectual, gullible chumps with violent tendencies. But they believe themselves to be the crowning glory of the human race.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
This thread (and other similar threads about Obama and the Right) give a revealing glimpse into how screwed-up the society of the self-proclaimed world's greatest nation is. And this is what other nations should emulate?
America is hollow.
Americans are superficial, anti-intellectual, gullible chumps with violent tendencies. But they believe themselves to be the crowning glory of the human race.
Some of the posts are disappointing. But they aren't representative of all of America. And it's the ideals we espouse that are our crowning glory. We the people are flawed and imperfect. We say terrible things, we do terrible things. But we aspire to be better.

I'm an optimist, I believe that we can be defined by our aspirations.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:11 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Please provide some examples of Obama's "hate speech" that has the right so spittle-spewing angry.
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia on June 13th 2008.

** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”

** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Punch Back Twice As Hard”

** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose a** to kick.“

** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”

** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”

** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”

** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

** “I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”

** "Punish your enemies." Obama to Latino supporters.

Not the most violent stuff out there, but as president, he should not be speaking this way to people he is under oath to protect. This is no worse than a bullseye or a target on a map.

Again - any rhetoric is free speech and should not be regulated.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia on June 13th 2008.

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”

** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose a** to kick.“

** “I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”

Not the most violent stuff out there, but as president, he should not be speaking this way to people he is under oath to protect. This is no worse than a bullseye or a target on a map.

A lot of your quotes are excerpts from campaigns, and campaigns are contests, so the "fight" metaphors in my opinion are not completely inappropriate. Also, as campaign comments, they do not apply to the President's leadership, only comments after he became President would apply. But that's my opinion, I respect yours as well.

And hopefully, we can all look to the future, and try to be better about the words we choose to speak, and about how we look at the people who we disagree with, not as enemies, but simply as people that we are trying to persuade.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Awesome post.

Guess you proved your point.

He is the leader of the party of hate.

They kinda forgot just how hateful and arrogant their failed leader really is.

New word for him should be troublemaker.

We know who the enemy of America is and you know who their leader is. We just saw him do another "Hey it's me again" photo op.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies