Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Yep, Beck has tried to entrap all Democrat Congress persons with this pledge. They twist and turn the words of the pledge so it appears to be an attack on Obama and the Democrats but not one place in it do those people turn up unless you want to admit that they have done the things that those who pledge to agree with the pledge might say they have done. I see MM as saying that they have, indeed, done the things that are mentioned and think they MM proves that they are the bad guys. How about you?

Glenn Beck's Anti-Violence Pledge: A Transparent Trap For Democrats | Media Matters for America

Old 01-12-2011, 11:48 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfuwNU0jsk0

Old 01-13-2011, 12:07 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, Beck has tried to entrap all Democrat Congress persons with this pledge. They twist and turn the words of the pledge so it appears to be an attack on Obama and the Democrats but not one place in it do those people turn up unless you want to admit that they have done the things that those who pledge to agree with the pledge might say they have done. I see MM as saying that they have, indeed, done the things that are mentioned and think they MM proves that they are the bad guys. How about you?

Glenn Beck's Anti-Violence Pledge: A Transparent Trap For Democrats | Media Matters for America
Looks like MM fell for the trap.

It says they object to this part:
Quote:
I denounce those who wish to tear down our system and rebuild it in their own image, whatever that image may be.
It goes on to say:

Quote:
Who has Beck accused of trying "to tear down the system and rebuild it in their own image"? Basically every Democratic member of Congress along with the President of the United States.
So, wait...if Beck accused Dems of doing that, but they weren't, then why are they objecting to denouncing that particular part?

Boy, that was really dumb on MM's part.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 AM

401 posts, read 473,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sanspeur, Many would say that you promoting gun violence and that you are the problem.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
I'd have to side with media matters on this one. Beck is trying to pull a "gotcha!" moment with this "pledge" i remember on tuesday he was touting that he got so many signatures and would proudly announce who did the next day. Wednesday comes and he says "i know i told you i was going to tell you who signed the pledge, i lied" and stated he only got 14 signatures in all of congress, using the rest of the hour to throw a massive tantrum, slamming congress for not signing his stupid "pledge"

Last edited by TempesT68; 01-13-2011 at 09:01 AM..

Old 01-13-2011, 08:59 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I'd have to side with media matters on this one. Beck is trying to pull a "gotcha!" moment with this "pledge" i remember on tuesday he was was touting the he got so many signatures and would proudly announce who did the next day. Wednesday comes and he says "i know i told you i was going to tell you who signed the pledge, i lied" and stated he only got 14 signatures in all of congress, using the rest of the hour to throw a massive tantrum, slamming congress for not signing his stupid "pledge"
Boy are you a spinmeister.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I'd have to side with media matters on this one. Beck is trying to pull a "gotcha!" moment with this "pledge" i remember on tuesday he was touting that he got so many signatures and would proudly announce who did the next day. Wednesday comes and he says "i know i told you i was going to tell you who signed the pledge, i lied" and stated he only got 14 signatures in all of congress, using the rest of the hour to throw a massive tantrum, slamming congress for not signing his stupid "pledge"

Any evidence to back up these ridiculous charges? I saw the show and never once did he "throw a tantrum" or accuse anyone of anything. He stated he would keep the audience apprised of how many people sign the pledge. He then merely went on to discuss the state of this union as it exists today. But if you can provide the transcript that proves your radical assertions, by all means do it. Oherwise, it seems you are merely making this bs up to satisfy your own warped ideas of GB.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Any evidence to back up these ridiculous charges? I saw the show and never once did he "throw a tantrum" or accuse anyone of anything. He stated he would keep the audience apprised of how many people sign the pledge. He then merely went on to discuss the state of this union as it exists today. But if you can provide the transcript that proves your radical assertions, by all means do it. Oherwise, it seems you are merely making this bs up to satisfy your own warped ideas of GB.
He kept going off with "why don't you sign it? you need more time to review it? you need your lawyers to look at it? It's half a page long!" then went to show huge stacks of papers to show bills that got signed that were hundreds, if not thousands of pages long, but was outraged they wouldn't sign his half page "pledge"

Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,644 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UudQuVOwSds

Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,644 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e48cCPz3SZg

Who would sign anything this man puts before them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies