Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Respected no, personable yes. I think he ranks up there with Kennedy in that aspect.
Really, I don't find him personable at all. Respected, no. Personable, no. Popular, yes.

I find him rather dull and without his teleprompter he is lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 08:17 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
To answer the OP, Obama is not the most respected POTUS by a long shot. He has made many blunders along the way. IMO, the most defining was his willingness to accept the Noble Peace Prize. I see that as an epic failure in his character.
Agreed. Anyone with a trace of self respect would have declined that honor, knowing it was undeserved.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:20 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Really, I don't find him personable at all. Respected, no. Personable, no. Popular, yes.

I find him rather dull and without his teleprompter he is lost.
That's what far right talk radio tells you to think, but the proven reality is that Obama speaks eloquently and intelligently without a teleprompter all the time. Yes, he "umms an uhhs when he's choosing his words wisely, which I personally appreciate after the verbal disaster of his predecessor) and even he pokes fun at himself for, for example, absurdly using a teleprompter in a classroom, but he has spoken off the cuff at countless press conferences by this point and in debates and in Baltimore last year when he engaged the entire Republican House and manhandled them with his grasp of the issues.

You really just gotta let the teleprompter joke go.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:21 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Swing and Miss

Royal snub for the Obama’s:

Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding: President Barack Obama and Michelle are not invited!

Michelle is livid over the snub and Obama can’t believe it…
What is happening and what can I do about it seems to be the thoughts in Obama’s head.
Meanwhile, William and Kate have it together.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are planning a royal wedding April 2011. Prince William personally told the wedding planners to strike the Obama’s from the guest list. He stated, “He did not want Michelle Obama trying to pull her center of attention ploy trying to upstage Kate on Kate’s wedding dayâ€. Sources reveal that William states, “She may run Obama, but she doesn’t run him or England â€. The Democrats and Obama would like to play the race card as they have done so many times in America, but it is difficult when other black heads of states are invited to the wedding and will be warmly received.

Now, what is the future King of England’s reasons for snubbing the Obama’s to the world and making them a laughing stock? It has nothing to do with America beyond being so stupid as to elect such low class imperfection to the office of President and First Lady. The decisions that they make can and will affect the world. Secondly, Michelle called his mother, Diana, an over-sexed clothes horse and further stated that she, Michelle, was more popular than Diana ever was. Thirdly, Michelle Obama showed her butt at every major social function endeavoring to be the Queen in the lime light. In other words, just a lack of class. Fourthly, the Queen Mother, William’s grand mother, also has her reasons. Obama refused to bow to her but a few days later bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia and Michelle manhandled her by becoming too familiar by putting her arm around her. The Queen only shakes hands with gloves on… That is the tradition and it is still honored by the Royals. The Queen said to her staff, “Never allow that woman to be in the same room with me again†and she meant every word of it. The gifts from Obama and Michelle were both tacky and in poor taste… It is all a matter of class. In addition, the Queen Mother supported Prince William in his decision due to the fact that the word is out about the lavish booze parties at the White House, the expensive vacations and state visits that cost the American tax payers millions of dollars un-necessarily when the American people need the resources… We here at True American can’t decide if it is just low class, no class, or all that has just been mentioned.

The Obama’s are desperately trying to make it a slight against America. Every past Head of State has always been invited… This is not a state function and William is not yet a Sovereign. It is just a multi-million dollar private wedding and the Obama’s have been royally snubbed by the British Royals; not America, just the present classless leaders…
So embarrassing! Michelle is like a bull in a china shop.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Reagan inherited out-of-control liberalism with decades of outrageous interest rates and tax structures.

Obama inherited out-of-control conservatism with decades of outrageous deregulation and over-extended military imperialist operations.

Both are great in their own way and in their own time.
You cannot actually believe that obama is "great".

Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Seeing how he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, Obama seems to be one of the most, if not the most respected president that the US ever had. He's very popular with the European leaders and is also well respected by Russia's president Medvedev and prime minister Putin. China's Wen Jiabao recently called Obama a great champion of justice committed to world peace.

I can't think of any other president even remotely as popular in the world as him...what do you think?

If by "respected" you mean tongue-bathed by the far left, I agree.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:30 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Mouser, Thanks for that tid bit. I am not that social to stay in touch with who is getting married amoungst the Royals. That's funny........

Old 01-16-2011, 08:34 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,181,993 times

Old 01-16-2011, 08:40 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
That's what far right talk radio tells you to think, but the proven reality is that Obama speaks eloquently and intelligently without a teleprompter all the time. Yes, he "umms an uhhs when he's choosing his words wisely, which I personally appreciate after the verbal disaster of his predecessor) and even he pokes fun at himself for, for example, absurdly using a teleprompter in a classroom, but he has spoken off the cuff at countless press conferences by this point and in debates and in Baltimore last year when he engaged the entire Republican House and manhandled them with his grasp of the issues.
You really just gotta let the teleprompter joke go.
No actually it wan't a joke . And no it was MY opinion, not talk radio.

You must be listening to them a lot however. lol!
But I am not surprised I agree with them.

But really don't listen to them much. Sorry to disappoint ya.
I realize it's the left "go to" response when something hits home-blame it on talk radio!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:59 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Seeing how he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, Obama seems to be one of the most, if not the most respected president that the US ever had. He's very popular with the European leaders and is also well respected by Russia's president Medvedev and prime minister Putin. China's Wen Jiabao recently called Obama a great champion of justice committed to world peace.

I can't think of any other president even remotely as popular in the world as him...what do you think?

I just saw this...and I had to laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies