Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM

352 posts, read 187,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
He's definitely up there in the respect category for pulling us back from the brink of depression, focusing on cutting taxes for 98% of Americans, finally removing bigoted legislation against homosexuals, and pushing landmark health care legislation that presidents have been trying to pass since Teddy Roosevelt. I'm not sure the respect has anything to do with that strange Nobel prize, but he's certainly earned a lot of credit.
Now wipe that boot polish off of your tongue, 'cause it is time to go back to reality, where the national laughing stock, and international doormapt/boot brush occupies the Chief Executive office of the U.S., where he continues to terrify business (and guess what, they aren't hiring), conducts himself and his admiistration more like a strutting, thirld-world potentate, than a democratically-elected public servant, and demonstrate, on a daily basis, his wholesales lack of qualifications for the job he holds (and it shows, man it shows). Reality check complete (for now).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Yes, can't wait till 2012!!
My only hope is that we continue to have a functioning Replubic still by the time it rolls around.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Where will Obama go after Pennsylvania avenue?
Leavenworth, Ft. Leavenworth!!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:11 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Conservatives do the exact same thing, so what are ya gonna do?
I don't take those kind of Conservatives seriously either.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:39 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then let him lead the UN or IMF then...maybe on day he'll be as respected in the US by the people that voted him in. Because his rating here in the US is not that great these days.

An iPod in every pocket ??
Says you. He's been improving steadily.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:23 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
I'm still waiting for Bluefly to acknowledge her erroneous statement that the Dow has basically doubled since Obama took office. Not exactly what I would call a real handle on the facts, more of a blind cheerleading for Obama.
The Dow dropped to about 6,600 in early 2009 and is now about 11,500.

I'm far from a liberal (though I play one on forums), but "The truth has a decidedly liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Bluefly; 01-16-2011 at 07:40 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flordelis View Post
Now wipe that boot polish off of your tongue, 'cause it is time to go back to reality, where the national laughing stock, and international doormapt/boot brush occupies the Chief Executive office of the U.S., where he continues to terrify business (and guess what, they aren't hiring), conducts himself and his admiistration more like a strutting, thirld-world potentate, than a democratically-elected public servant, and demonstrate, on a daily basis, his wholesales lack of qualifications for the job he holds (and it shows, man it shows). Reality check complete (for now).
This is all your opinion based on your preconceived ideological worldview. There is no fact in what you state and I could refute everything you believe to be true. Anyway, come back when you've got something of substance to offer.

Last edited by Bluefly; 01-16-2011 at 07:41 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
Am I the only one amused by Bluefly's response to every post just about....begins with "The right must gotten to you to believe....." "Wow, look how the right has gotten you with their propaganda...." blah blah blah.

My gosh, can we have a conversation without the crowings of how one side or the other must have brainwashed somebody for thinking the way they do?

People ARE able to form their own opinions without the aid of 'propaganda' you know, Bluefly....you're reducing your credibility when you sound like a blind mouthpiece for one side of the table. And you claim you are loyal to no particular side?

(Yes. I used a smiley because it fit the conversation. We are all adults and you are in no position to tell people how to have a discussion or what smiley to use.)
Well, when people spread lies about teleprompters and apologies and such, there is only one source for that information: right wing propaganda. I'm about as centrist as they come and can't stand fiscal liberalism, but I know a great president when I see one.

In the future, have the backbone to address me directly rather than trying to rally all your ideological cronies on this forum to pat you on the back and make you feel better about being shut down by my factual statements that over and over again refute your propaganda. One of your buddies just predicted Palin or Bachman would be elected president in 2012. This is the level of basic, unrealistic discourse we must already endure on this forum. Please don't add to it.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
Bluefly, just look at the comments on this thread and others. Just because you support Obama, does not mean the majority does. I did not make my comment personal as you so chose to make it sound like, but if I was to go that far, I would be honest and say that I don't approve. I expect better. But I did not make my comment personal and interject my personal opinion, so take your assumptions and words put in my mouth, and shove them.

I regularly listen to the news on various stations, and talk radio of various persuasions, and the most recent number I've heard of Obama's approval rating was not even close to 50%. I notice you have a lot to say on this matter, but hardly any sources to back up your words. Therefore, I don't believe anybody can take anything you say as anything but opinion until you provide sources that make your opinions fact. And when you're looking at approval ratings, you need to also look at overall government approval, not approval of just one man in Congress. As it stands, the only approval rating I can find to match your 50% approval rating for Obama is under only one category, and it's not saying much when 51% of people disapprove...

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

U.S. Satisfaction Remains Near 12-Month Low

A Rasmussen poll shows only 26% of people are OVERALL happy with Obama:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Meanwhile the rest of the world's approval is dropping. D'oh!

gulfnews : Survey shows low optimism in Mena

I saw an article from 2 days ago saying his approval rating 'skyrocketed' to 47%, which correlates with his visit and response to Arizona's tragedy. Let's see where the percentages are in the following weeks when the sparkle from his speeches in this tragic time wear off.
Wow. My facts really got under your skin. You've gone on a full-blown attack against me to try to suppress reality.

FACT: December approval rating, : 50%

Obama approval rises as economy improves: Reuters/Ipsos poll - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110112/pl_nm/us_usa_poll - broken link)

Up to 48% in this poll:
Obama Approval Ratings Nudge Upwards : It's All Politics : NPR

Here's one from NewsMax so you'll believe it:

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/P...1/13/id/382764

Hilarious how conservatives now care what the rest of the world thinks. Anyway - the fact is Obama's doing as good or better than any president in modern history at this point - ESPECIALLY considering he's overseeing the recovery of the worst recession since the Great Depression. Reagan was at 35% at this point with the economy still sputtering 3 years into his presidency (much like Obama's)

All of my statements are based on these facts, not my anecdotal liking or disliking. I grasp the bigger picture.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:49 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default He's an extraordinary president

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Seeing how he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, Obama seems to be one of the most, if not the most respected president that the US ever had. He's very popular with the European leaders and is also well respected by Russia's president Medvedev and prime minister Putin. China's Wen Jiabao recently called Obama a great champion of justice committed to world peace.

I can't think of any other president even remotely as popular in the world as him...what do you think?
The greatness of Obama is recognized around the globe and here at home among the most enlightened. He is the most respected, especially after successfully digging this country out of the Dubya Dark Ages. This country was in shambles because of Republicans over 8 years and their warmongering had many sovereign nations on alert.

The man is articulate, supremely intelligent, versatile, and a problem-solver. He welcomes opposing points of view and is not afraid to yield to get things done. He is a uniter, not a divider. This country is well-represented with Obama at the helm.

We have him through 2016, folks! How fortunate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies