Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

The whole problem with gun control is how to get bad guys to obey the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I guess hunting was completely ignored by the OP as well. Glad to see you're a "real man" but not all of us are men. If someone means to cause harm to myself or my family, I will protect us and use my 2nd amendment rights to do so. I would prefer not to end up as another violent crime statistic.

My wife will be extremely upset when I have to inform her she now has a penis from toting all those dang guns when we go hunting.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I will; thanks. I was hoping, by reading this thread, to gain some insight into why carrying a gun is so important to some people---but I still don't understand it.
Shooting a Deer with a rifle is much easier than trying to beat it to death with an empty gun. Besides, they have sharp lil hooves when you get that close and you have to wear a cup.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My wife will be extremely upset when I have to inform her she now has a penis from toting all those dang guns when we go hunting.
interesting, a sex change operation due to carrying firearms!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM

ya know it just dawned on me and after all these 50 + years that guncontroll, really means Trolls plain and simple.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:53 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Screw the Second Amendment. It was written long before the US became such a violent, dog-eat-dog society. There have been too many school / college shootings in the US. Kennedy was assassinated, as was Martin Luther King. The shooing of Gabrielle Giffords should be the last straw. We need a "grown up" discussion about firearms.

I believe that people should be able to keep guns in their homes and should be allowed to transport said guns to a range for sport. I also think there should be tougher restrictions on who can legally own a firearm. I also think that no one should be allowed to carry a gun in a public place, e.g. to a political rally! No one should have a loaded weapon in their car either. Anyone caught with a gun in public should 1) be arrested and 2) sent to prison. No need for it.

In the US, there's far too much "romanticizing" of guns. Guns have become an extension of the American man's penis. It's all about macho BS. There are also too many crazy / angry people here to be trusted. Like I said, I'm all for guns in the home, but they should be left AT HOME!

A ban isn't the answer, but restrictions and regulation are sorely necessary. Sadly, I don't think Obama has the balls to really address this issue. It will probably take more needless deaths for the public to take notice. Until then, we will continue to experience obstacles placed in front of us by people who literally think that their guns are a part of their manhood.

Real men don't use guns; we fight. Unless you're faced with another gun toting *******, guns are for *******. An 8 year old girl can shoot a grown man and kill him.

the 1st Amendment was written along time ago as well, and the 2nd still applies today.

my daughters and wife would all laugh at you for your comment about men being *******, when you and other are not even willing to protect ones self when the police are not there to protect you.

please go run back to your federal job and have them protect you. just remember that when taxes stop flowing into the federal goverment, your job will be in jepordy.

boy, you are sure one of a hell a bad goverment decoy stooge.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Screw the Second Amendment. It was written long before the US became such a violent, dog-eat-dog society. There have been too many school / college shootings in the US. Kennedy was assassinated, as was Martin Luther King. The shooing of Gabrielle Giffords should be the last straw. We need a "grown up" discussion about firearms.

I believe that people should be able to keep guns in their homes and should be allowed to transport said guns to a range for sport. I also think there should be tougher restrictions on who can legally own a firearm. I also think that no one should be allowed to carry a gun in a public place, e.g. to a political rally! No one should have a loaded weapon in their car either. Anyone caught with a gun in public should 1) be arrested and 2) sent to prison. No need for it.

In the US, there's far too much "romanticizing" of guns. Guns have become an extension of the American man's penis. It's all about macho BS. There are also too many crazy / angry people here to be trusted. Like I said, I'm all for guns in the home, but they should be left AT HOME!

A ban isn't the answer, but restrictions and regulation are sorely necessary. Sadly, I don't think Obama has the balls to really address this issue. It will probably take more needless deaths for the public to take notice. Until then, we will continue to experience obstacles placed in front of us by people who literally think that their guns are a part of their manhood.

Real men don't use guns; we fight. Unless you're faced with another gun toting *******, guns are for *******. An 8 year old girl can shoot a grown man and kill him.

No. When the first was written Dueling was still legal, which put forth a few ideas we have lost today since dueling isn't legal anymore.

That meant before you went about insulting someone, you knew you would be in a sword, knife, and a real big knife, or gun fight.

If you insulted someone he got to beach slap your face, add his own insult, and select the weapon if his choice.

If the code of dueling was brought back it might help stop some of the insantiy, but I doubt it with the punks and thugs we have now.

The ******* as you put it, are just common trash punks and thugs. Predators that have been around since man came down from trees.

The best method to stop them is to kill them, every last one of them.

I liked how the Russians did that off the east coast of Africa. The Russians didn't mess around a bit.

They boarded a pirate vessel with hostages and killed all the pirates who offered a fight, took ALL the weapons and all the hostages, and then ruined the pirates boats engine. They cast off, and once they came into artillery range launched one shell.

No one knows if there were any survivors, and I doubt the pirates could swim 200 + miles.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:42 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You know something that bothers me about whole "gun debate" by the left is the reason why it's even occuring. Yes, the Arizona shooting was tragic but it was one person, a complete loony bird, in this country of over 300 million. Why all of this knee jerk reaction over what one crazy individual did? Seems a bit like deflection is you ask me.
Yes, there is no gun violence problem in America

Time Line of Worldwide School Shootings — Infoplease.com

Any1 with kids in school should worry

Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Yes, there is no gun violence problem in America

Time Line of Worldwide School Shootings — Infoplease.com

Any1 with kids in school should worry
What you didn't report was how many shooters were stopped because someone else had a gun or how many killings could have been greatly reduced if someone else had a gun.

Different perspective, isn't it?

I worry more about some nut coming into a school and he/she is the only one armed.

Did you ever think why police officers carry guns?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times

YouTube - Gun Control explained
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies